LeaverBuster FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkslayers123

02-01-2013

people reported me for going afk for 4 minutes i was like wtf

darkslayers123

02-01-2013

did i deserve it

Creonaw

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatorOfLegends View Post
if you disconnect from a game and reconnect, thats not leaving right?
This counts against you. I'm a relative newbie (level 9) and have had issues with my pc locking up on me. After hours of research, cleaning, and updating everything I find out it's a problem with the "Gateway" laptop I have. Power does not properly distribute when plugged in, but does just fine when on battery.

The best I've been able to find out is this system is weighted against your total games played so those of us newbs w/ few games played are SOL. It skrews newbies over hard. I currently have a fix for my problem. Though, last night I got excited playing in a tougher game with a friend and forgot to disconnect my cord... result? crash and a 3 day ban.

I logged back into the game, as I always have each and every time, leveled up to catch up and we won the game... does any of that matter... hell no. This system doesn't ban you until after the game is over. I believe that only in one case did my team loose a game due to my crashing the other time we lost and I crashed my team was way outmatched, loosing in kills better than 3 to 1.

The system is also a power unto it's self, making it impossible for GM's to help newbies or anyone out. I am reporting this horrible game mechanic on a few different sites, and labeling this game as "non newbie friendly"

The system is understandable, although flawed. However, the inability or unwillingness to help a newbie is UNACCEPTABLE!

Rob-Creonaw

P.S. I've been gaming for 22 years and have never experienced anything like this.

Damorion215

02-05-2013

"Q: This sucks, my internet is terrible because [insert provider here] is horrible.
A: You are ruining other people's experience if you are frequently leaving, regardless of the reason you are leaving."

Oh, so me having to constantly deal with trolls, feeders, and unskilled players is the answer?
I can't leave to relieve my stress? Why can't you crack down on the trolls and feeders? Why not enforce training so we don't have as many unskilled players as we do now? Wow, good job, Riot! You really are magnificent!!

-________-

Creonaw

02-08-2013

How greatly improve this system?

Put a box next to the honor ones, that only is "active" if a player has disconnected during a game. Let the players monitor this, not some blind/newbie prejudiced program. Would it be 100%? Nothing is, but it would be so much better than what we have now.

When I got back in from my 3 day ban I had received +2 to teamwork from the game where I got d/c for a couple minutes. I didn't ruin that game, but got skrewed by this program.

Sure there is a problem w/ leavers an on the new account I made I've dealt with that repeatedly, but comon this game is better than the current program.

Creo - Rob

Onafetse

02-09-2013

Some times we need to leave but well im agree with some punish but perm ban? that isnt fair... at least for me.
But dont only punish leaver guys punish trollers they relly posion the game they need to be banned perm
A perm ban for leaving its not fair for anyone i dont think a person leave cause he want sometimes we just need to leave or we have technical issues please check this is just my opinion.

MrArchitect27

02-23-2013

Why do i get charged a loss because a guy on my team was in the game for 2 min???? I just got moved down a division because of this and its very frustrating!!!

Riot how is this fair?? I should not be charge this loss but i do believe the other team should get the win

Any ideas on how to fix this??

D e U c Ez

02-28-2013

Q: How long can I get banned for?
A: The automated system can ban you for anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days for any particular issue. However, we will be sweeping the records, and will periodically perma-ban people that hit the 7 day ban too many times.
.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean if you get banned for 200+ years = permit ban?

wontfight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

good system! i hate it when people leave because they fed their lane because they did know Kha was AD....

Rune998

03-07-2013

I still think this a horrible system. Mostly the fact that is automatic and cannot be appealed. While I know incidences will be few and far between something. I don't think players should have to stay in a game where they are being abused and while mute works in the heat of the moment sometimes the damage is already done. The system also encourages players to put the game before other priorities, I've been late to appointments before because games that typically take 45minutes to an hour drag on into the hour and twenty minute range. I think they player report system we have is just fine. If a person has a legitimate reason for leaving let the players be the judge and not some arbitrary piece of code. I actually fear for the day when I become a father and will be punished for leaving a game because my newborn or my wife suddenly needs me for something and I have to DC. It is going to happen and I will never put the game before my family but I don't feel like an automatic, un-appealable system is the right way to deal with something. Drop the automatic and let the players be the judge, this is why we have the tribunal after all.