Zilean Chrono should send any hero back in time to their location/stats 5sec ago?

Yes, that's awesome! 12 24.00%
Maybe, but not sure 5 10.00%
No, I prefer the old boring way 33 66.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

[Spell Change] The NEW "Chrono Shift" [Zilean's Ultimate]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTruhan

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor87 View Post
Zileas, why not change Zilean's Ultimate to be something similar to The Faceless Void's Ultimate of Chronosphere from Dota?

Both Enemies and Allies can become trapped in the Sphere while Zilean is the only one capable of moving in it. Enemies caught inside the chronosphere will be stopped for the time limit and only take damage from Zilean's attacks/abilities.

The beauty of this Chronosphere comes from its absorption ability. If you accidentally trap an ally in it and an enemy tries to kill them off with a ranged ability, the spell or projectile will be absorbed as it is destroyed by time once it hits the bubble. If a spell is absorbed, Zilean will gain temporary AP. If a projectile is absorbed then his Physical Damage will be temporarily increased.

Allies may think they can't help, but by shooting projectiles or casting damaging spells at the enemy in the Chronosphere you are either increasing Zilean's AP or Physical Damage and will gain an assist from any kills he receives from victims in the Chronosphere.
The reason why Void's ult was strong back in DoTA not only you can use it to setup a team fight, it can be used to save others, and even when you want to 3vs1 heroes with Void. Void was capable of dealing quite a good amount of damage. Zilean on the other hand is a bit...meh. Even if you do gain some AP, from outside spells, there's not much you can do. With a 40% cd reduction you lack damage, with an AP build, you cant spam that much. In other words.....it ain't suited to be an offensive spell like how you suggested (it seems that way to me). Though it can still proof to be a very good defensive spell, just that I think, this would be a bit OP for a defensive skill.