Zilean Chrono should send any hero back in time to their location/stats 5sec ago?

Yes, that's awesome! 12 24.00%
Maybe, but not sure 5 10.00%
No, I prefer the old boring way 33 66.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

[Spell Change] The NEW "Chrono Shift" [Zilean's Ultimate]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRight View Post
yeah i see that now. and yes he is on the low end so that's why i posted.. cuz i'm trying to get him to be more interesting and feel more related to "time".

i'm not saying his current ult is bad. i'm just saying it should be different and that his current spell would be better suited for a priest's ult.. such as a resurrection spell.

But for Zilean, would you like this idea if it was a 2part ability where IF you cast it on yourself, it sends you back in time 5 seconds but you can't do that to anyone else.. then have a secondary effect for targetting allies.. where it would do something different, by knocking off seconds from their cooldowns,

thus making him into someone that can save his own ass, yet, is highly welcomed by allies because of that kind of awesome cooldown reduction support.
Kk, i agree with you on that its not EXACTLY time related, and that could be changed

(@whoever doubted server pressure, Zilean proved this, kthx)

Although i love the way it is right now, i play support so i tend to love most support spells, and would prolly use whoever this was put on, but if we were to change it...how about...

(i dont feel this is balanced...but it has a great concept)

Time Travel

Zilean creates a rip in the fabric of time and space while stopping time for a few seconds.

During this time, Zilean is uneffected

Teleports Zilean to target location and freezes time for a short duration. During this time, Zilean may cast any spells he wishes after teleporting, and they will not have an effect until time is moving again. During this time, Zilean has no cooldowns. Due to the intense amount of concentration required for this, during the timestop and for a short time after, zileans movespeed is slowed by 70%. This effect can not be changed due to any spell effects, auras, or otherwise.

Teleport may be cast only where there is LoS.

If there is two timebombs placed on a target, the first one will explode as soon as time starts again, and then teh second one will count down.

After time starts, all units within range (towers, creeps, not neutral monsters) will target zilean

Cost: 400/475/550 mana.

Time stop after teleport: 3/4/5 seconds.

Cooldown: --- s. (cant decide due to rewind use)

This spell looks really wonky until you realize that a good zilean can get a ton of timebombs off...so im not sure how great it is, but its a good concept, and i doubt it cant be balanced.

Suro

12-22-2009

Zilean is imba imo, specially against melee champions.

x OZ x

12-23-2009

A bit O.T. but I did not want open a new thread.
I`m not an expert with Zilean but i had to use him today with this new super cool skin!.
I noticed tht the time bombs can be cleansed,it doesn`t make sense imo because is my only offensive spell.
wht you think?

Lovely Dolphin

12-23-2009

I believe that weaver time lapse abilty was made this way

It ran a check for hp/mana/location every second of the game and stored that data in a variable for the particular unit. When ability was activated, it checks the data 5 secs ago and apply its value.

If this ability was to be allowed on any unit. The check would have to run on every unit every sec. It would require quite a chunk of memory to store that data and in real time as well. I guess its doable but not worth a few fps drop

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Kk, i agree with you on that its not EXACTLY time related, and that could be changed

(@whoever doubted server pressure, Zilean proved this, kthx)

Although i love the way it is right now, i play support so i tend to love most support spells, and would prolly use whoever this was put on, but if we were to change it...how about...

(i dont feel this is balanced...but it has a great concept)

Time Travel

Zilean creates a rip in the fabric of time and space while stopping time for a few seconds.

During this time, Zilean is uneffected

Teleports Zilean to target location and freezes time for a short duration. During this time, Zilean may cast any spells he wishes after teleporting, and they will not have an effect until time is moving again. During this time, Zilean has no cooldowns. Due to the intense amount of concentration required for this, during the timestop and for a short time after, zileans movespeed is slowed by 70%. This effect can not be changed due to any spell effects, auras, or otherwise.

Teleport may be cast only where there is LoS.

If there is two timebombs placed on a target, the first one will explode as soon as time starts again, and then teh second one will count down.

After time starts, all units within range (towers, creeps, not neutral monsters) will target zilean

Cost: 400/475/550 mana.

Time stop after teleport: 3/4/5 seconds.

Cooldown: --- s. (cant decide due to rewind use)

This spell looks really wonky until you realize that a good zilean can get a ton of timebombs off...so im not sure how great it is, but its a good concept, and i doubt it cant be balanced.
Ok, got a better idea. Take off the teleport, and call it Time Stop. Due to no teleport, take off the slowing himself down too. (he cant speed himself up during the timestop anyway)

This would make it a viable addition to zilean.

His ult is also iffy in many games, as people seem to get away with low hp a bunch of the time i put a rune on them.

Excludee

12-23-2009

i want a zilean buff!!! XD
seriously though, his ult is nice sometimes, but doesn't always prove useful. Sometimes it's great, but other times you use it to save someone, just to see them escape with 3 HP and the person next to them die. >_>;

Time Bomb is somewhat silly as it can be cleansed and is only truly useful when you combo it with Rewind. It shouldn't be cleansable, i dont think.

Rewind would be cool if it would have an aura effect, IE remove 10 seconds from your cooldowns, and maybe 4 or 5 seconds from people who are immediately adjacent to you. That might be a tad bit OP, but it would be sweet as hell.

Time Warp would be cool if it literally did as it said it did, warp time. In other wards, increase/decrease everything about the character, movement speed, cooldowns (probably not), attack speed, health and mana regen, whatever.

Chronoshift just needs to be more useful, probably grant a few seconds of invincibility when the person is resurected. I also really like the "Time Stop" ideas.

All these ideas are kinda rediculous and rather OP in there own senses most likely, but any of them would certainly be cool.

Judah the Lion

12-25-2009

Like the guy above me, one or two posts, on of my only qualms with Zilean's ult. is what happens when the person you're assisting manages to get away, and it just doesn't go off. What are you stuck with now? A wasted ultimate, effectively rendering the ability useless, and a CD timer on said ability.

I don't think it'd be entirely out of the question to get the ability back if the player death doesn't take place considerably attributing to his support role and making him a prime, back-line target (which he should be.) I understand how this could be viewed as powerful, or "OP", what with the CD reduction of Rewind making it happen more frequently, but in all reality, Chronoshift is a one-shot, single target ability that, while potentially powerful, doesn't necessarily guarantee a players survival, and is rightfully offset by the fact that more often than not, in skilled games, the revival effect just prolongs the inevitable, only allowing either a bit more damage to happen, a team rendezvous for backup or a successful retreat.

There is a lot to take into this equation, but something like this is a simple, justifiable buff for Zilean that would still keep him on the scales.

Disdasdefa

12-25-2009

Nerubian Weaver in LoL

TheTruhan

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disdasdefa View Post
Nerubian Weaver in LoL
My thoughts exactly, Nerubian's weaver ult was mainly used for being defensive, in this case this can be for offensive. But heck, even with just Nerubian Weaver's ult, it was hard to keep track of the time. Imagine like this, your friend is trying to run from a gank, and then you use the Chrono Shift and the dude got transported to the place he was 5 seconds ago, with all his hp and mana and cooldown etc, this might work, but not necessarily. If 5 seconds ago, he was stunned, then he'll be stunned once again@_@, this would probably cause team rage. Keeping track of your own time is already hard, even more so keeping track time of all the people in the game. And as Zileas mentioned already, this would probably cause some glitches here and there especially with how the mechanism of this ult works.

The Bacon Dragon

12-25-2009

Zileas, why not change Zilean's Ultimate to be something similar to The Faceless Void's Ultimate of Chronosphere from Dota?

Both Enemies and Allies can become trapped in the Sphere while Zilean is the only one capable of moving in it. Enemies caught inside the chronosphere will be stopped for the time limit and only take damage from Zilean's attacks/abilities.

The beauty of this Chronosphere comes from its absorption ability. If you accidentally trap an ally in it and an enemy tries to kill them off with a ranged ability, the spell or projectile will be absorbed as it is destroyed by time once it hits the bubble. If a spell is absorbed, Zilean will gain temporary AP. If a projectile is absorbed then his Physical Damage will be temporarily increased.

Allies may think they can't help, but by shooting projectiles or casting damaging spells at the enemy in the Chronosphere you are either increasing Zilean's AP or Physical Damage and will gain an assist from any kills he receives from victims in the Chronosphere.