[Guide]Alistar, The Ultimate in Lane Control, Gank, and Push.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

idecline

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
11. Strategies
There are many strategies that favor Alistar.
Disclaimer: I solo queue only so I never actually use these strategies.
I got a kick out of your disclaimers.

+1

Quae

03-27-2010

I am curious if this guide is still valid/up to date with current game mechanics and current Alistar.

HanzGruber

03-27-2010

This guide is very much still workable. Though my build has veered more toward Nicosharp's Alistar, I've seen many still use this one. For anyone new to the cow, I would suggest this guide over most of the support centric guides that have been cropping up.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

This guide works with certain team compositions, but really can lack in pick up groups.

Overall I still find a defensive cow the strongest way to play allistar. Use his huge hp, and defense to do what you do best tank. Stop trying to be a killing moo cow. The key though is tower diving.

A defensive cow can push a creep wave to enemy tower that is covered by 5 people, run up to the tower and start pounding on it, and force the 5 man team to intiiate against him, where he pushes his ultimate and pops stun, this forces tower damage on you the beefy cow, freeing your team to jack up the rest of the tower huggers without having to worry about tower fire.

I win so many games that way and push so many towers. I however have been trying different builds and guides to see which works well, and this build does good for open field combat, but really blows for tower destruction.

Also allistar is a great farmer not sure where you guys have problems farming, grab a lane or so and pulverise it the whole group into dust killing the whole creep wave for 100+ gold a wave.

After playing this build a good amount, I do like it but for when I know the game will be won or lost at a mid field Team Fight vs tower fighting. Two big differences. If you feel your team will stomp the other team all game, then the defensive route is the way to go, cause opponent team will just tower hug and wait for gank oppertunities. If you feel your going to be mid field team fighting the whole game this build work really well.

Nice thing with allistar is he can be DPS or defensive and change it up in every game. Which is why I enjoy playing him.

acidwarped

10-21-2010

why the rune setup? split seals and glyphs?

This Mobs Leader

08-22-2011

I find that innervating locket is very good to have especialy early game to help with mana problems. Although the nerfed AP Alistar i still find him viable to play not pure tank, as i do. I might give this a try . The items i use towerd the begining of the game is a dorans sheild, Locked, heart of gold, mobility boots. After this i get a woarmogs, upgrade heart of gold to a ranomens. Then frozen heart, or a force of nature. After this i can get into anything. Hope that helps anyone who sees it .