Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Map of the Institute of War

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrakenViator

12-18-2010

Quote:
LETTHEBLOODFLOW:
i believe the 2 institute pictures posted are the different arenas , the one on the left is twisted treeline and the second one is the unreleased map magma chambers it looks like

I disagree. The locations of the side building, as well as the placement of the people on the stairs is exactly the same. Now yes it is a mirror image from one to the next, but you also see a lot of changes in detail. The two images from a strictly artists perspective are concept art on the left (old) and production image on the right (new). If you will, think of these two images representing a beta version versus a final release.

If you take a look at the art spotlights for Swain and Trundel, you will see similar changes from mid movie to the final still at the end. Considering this as well as my experience with digital imagery, I can see no other explanation for two such closely matching images to coexist.

Balrogix

12-23-2010

Bump, for being a good idea.

Flygoniq

01-01-2011

You must construct additional pylons

VoidBro

01-01-2011

Strip Joint please.
Sometimes lap dances from Cowgirl Miss Fortune is the only way to relieve from stress after a long fight.

xxShadowLordxx

Recruiter

01-12-2011

there must be a zone where they can hold problematic champs...like cho ang kog...

BuddhistDuelist

01-12-2011

Someone should draw this.

DrakenViator

01-13-2011

Quote:
KnightOfSpades:
Someone should draw this.

I am pleased to report that preliminary work has already begun on a 3d model based off the two images already posted. The intent will be to use said model as a base for a basic blue print / floor plan of the Institute. As I'm currently at school, I do not have access to my files or I would post a work in progress (WIP) as to confirm my attempts. In the spirit of full disclosure I should warn that I am a full time student in pursuit of a graduate degree, so I do not promise any speedy results. Case in point my goal for this project will be for it to be completed Fall of 2011*, with measured progress every month.

As for right now, I ask that any interested party begin to gather ideas and/or lore to support said idea as my goal for the remainder of January and into February will be creation of an asset list (list of things to be included) I should warn that I will be taking influence from governmental building (Capital buildings, Parliament, etc) and their floor plans first, Religious buildings (Cathedrals, Temples, Shrines, etc) second, and fortified locations (Castles, Outposts, Military bases) third. In short if you are looking for the disco hall I can not guarantee it will be included in the final draft. (That is not to say that one could not be built outside of the grounds, just not included in the physical structure of the Institute)

Thread Started: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=446320

~ Draken

* NOTICE: 'Fall 2011' is an estimate and is subject to change at any time for any reason. For every QQ thread and/or post about it taking too long or missing anything other then deadline that I expressly state, I'll further delay my work just to spite you