A Map of the Institute of War

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunkelzahn

12-13-2010

While there are many maps out there for various things, I haven't found any maps of the place where the magic happens: the Institute of War. Since it's the focal point of the League and the place where basically everything happens, I figure it'd be a cool idea to "map out" the Institute and establish an atmosphere for it.

What we know:
It's between Demacia and Noxus, and it's "strategically positioned", so it's probably in some mountains or along a well-traveled path.
It's got a general fancy architecture, with Greek-style marble buildings and crystals everywhere (there's a picture under the Lore section of the Learning Center somewhere)
There are chambers of sorts (alluded to in Fiddlesticks's lore)

Any ideas? I'll write up some other stuff when I wake up, but I wanted to put this thread up now.

Necromonger

12-13-2010

Sounds like a big, big convention center/ multi-purpose structure. Preparing a scaled floor plan for the Institute would be mind boggling for designers.

Balrogix

12-14-2010

On my mind, the Institute of War is divided in different wings:

The Entrance: Basically, a big waiting room, ornamented with big paintings, jewels, you name it. Here, any visitor can look at the League of Legends' History, also to get some insight as to what happen in the League. You can make an application to become a Summoner here.

The Garden: This is what connects every wing of the Institute's, a big garden, with a circular main route, with branches here and there, that connects all the places within the League.
It is full of green, and a good place to take a break.

The Residential Quarters: Here is where all the Summoners, that chooses to live inside the League, stay. It is by far the biggest place in the Institute of War, since it can accommodate every Summoner with his/her/it own room. To prevent any kind of confrontation between Summoners, they are separated by their City-State Alignment, in other words, Noxians will stay in a Noxian-Themed Area, with other Noxians, Demacians will stay in a Demacian-Themed Area, with other Demacians, and so forth. There is a big Cafeteria where Summoners can take breakfast, lunch, dinner, and they can choose their food, also based on the city they used to live in.

The Summoning Quarters: This area is where anything related to Summoning is done. Rune Craft, Spell Classes, Summoning Lessons. You name it. All Summoners can spend the Influence gained in here. In here, exists several chambers where the battles occurs, and most of them are used all the time, with the exception as to the one where Fiddlestick currently resides, the eastern most room. It is currently off-limits. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is impossible to take him out from there... We cannot even open the door without his scythe slashing through us.

The Council: This area is also off-limits, only a selected few may enter there, so I cannot say much, but it is said there is where they choose the modifications in the Champions restrictions within the battles of the League, where they make all the Judgments, and any other kind of decision regarding us, and our jobs

Institute of War's Summoner, Balrog.

((If you guys want to add anything, please say it, this way I can modify it, making it better!))

Necromonger

12-14-2010

Sigh... Let me think up some space requirements.

Restaurants/ karaoke lounges/maid cafes/bars/ 7-11's
To keep the occupants comfortable and entertained.

Maid cafe
Have I mentioned maid cafe yet?

Butler cafe
For those who prefer butlers.

Strip Club
To be demolished.

Institute Gift Shop
Get your Teemo/Kog'Maw/Ashe plushies here! replicas of Ryze's scroll! And a whole lot more...

Massive arcane library(s)
The Institute is supposed to be a repository of knowledge. Also, this is where we find Taric and Ryze... doing serious research.

Daycare center
What if its the summoners' turns to watch their kids, and its on the same day as an important match? At least Annie can have someone to play with.

Male/Female Champion Lockers
Toilet and bath facilities, with sauna rooms for pre and post matches, where champs freshen up to change into their preferred attire for each battle.

Male/Female Hot baths
I don't know if men share hot baths.... but from watching too much anime, I know girls might....

Male/female Champion Training areas
Whether to keep in top shape or blow of some steam, Champions of might and magic come here to spam.... uh... practice their abilities. I divided the men and women to avoid distractions.... but unisex gyms are also a possible alternative. VOTE NOW.

Summoner Training areas
Noob... er... Novice summoners train here in the creation of minions while on their way to summoning their first champs. DO NOT ENTER WHEN LIGHT IS ON.

Infirmaries
Accidents do happen...

Prisons / Dungeons / Holding Pens
The institute is supposed to be where dangerous entities are being held for Valoran's safety. This wing is strategically placed away from common traffic and is a high security area.

Administrative Offices
Handles the day-to-day logistical and clerical work to keep the Institute running. I can only imagine such a huge Institute's real estate tax.

Back-up generator.... I mean, Warp crystal matrices
The Institute requires large amounts of energies, and I assume the preferred power sources are something resembling Protoss PYLONS.

Parking lot, I mean, stables.... or teleportation pads

Depending on who exactly can go to the Institute, I assume all summoners and champs resort to teleportation to go home, while less magically incline visitors will hoof it.

Broadcast rooms
Live feed and replay of many matches are made available here.

Catacombs
The Institute was built over an ancient Injun burial ground....

Balrogix

12-14-2010

The Entrance: Basically, a big waiting room, ornamented with big paintings, jewels, you name it. Here, any visitor can look at the League of Legends' History, also to get some insight as to what happen in the League. You can make an application to become a Summoner here.

1---Parking lot, I mean, stables.... or teleportation pads:
Depending on who exactly can go to the Institute, I assume all summoners and champs resort to teleportation to go home, while less magically incline visitors will hoof it.

The Garden: This is what connects every wing of the Institute's, a big garden, with a circular main route, with branches here and there, that connects all the places within the League.
It is full of green, and a good place to take a break.

The Residential Quarters:Here is where all the Summoners, that chooses to live inside the League, stay. It is by far the biggest place in the Institute of War, since it can accommodate every Summoner with his/her/it own room. To prevent any kind of confrontation between Summoners, they are separated by their City-State Alignment, in other words, Noxians will stay in a Noxian-Themed Area, with other Noxians, Demacians will stay in a Demacian-Themed Area, with other Demacians, and so forth. There is a big Cafeteria where Summoners can take breakfast, lunch, dinner, and they can choose their food, also based on the city they used to live in.

1---Restaurants/ karaoke lounges/bars/ 7-11's:
To keep the occupants comfortable and entertained.

2---Massive arcane library(s):
The Institute is supposed to be a repository of knowledge. Also, this is where we find Taric and Ryze... doing serious research.

3---Broadcast room:
Live feed and replay of many matches are made available here.

4---Infirmary:
Accidents do happen...

5---Male/Female Champion Lockers:
Toilet and bath facilities, with sauna rooms for pre and post matches, where champs freshen up to change into their preferred attire for each battle.

6---Male/Female Hot baths:
I don't know if men share hot baths.... but from watching too much anime, I know girls might....

The Summoning Quarters: This area is where anything related to Summoning is done. Rune Craft, Spell Classes, Summoning Lessons. You name it. All Summoners can spend the Influence gained in here. In here, exists several chambers where the battles occurs, and most of them are used all the time, with the exception as to the one where Fiddlestick currently resides, the eastern most room. It is currently off-limits. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is impossible to take him out from there... We cannot even open the door without his scythe slashing through us.

1---Male/female Champion Training areas:
Whether to keep in top shape or blow of some steam, Champions of might and magic come here to spam.... uh... practice their abilities. I divided the men and women to avoid distractions.... but unisex gyms are also a possible alternative. VOTE NOW.

2---Summoner Training areas:
Noob... er... Novice summoners train here in the creation of minions while on their way to summoning their first champs. DO NOT ENTER WHEN LIGHT IS ON.

The Council: This area is also off-limits, only a selected few may enter there, so I cannot say much, but it is said there is where they choose the modifications in the Champions restrictions within the battles of the League, where they make all the Judgments, and any other kind of decision regarding us, and our jobs.

1---Administrative Offices:
Handles the day-to-day logistical and clerical work to keep the Institute running. I can only imagine such a huge Institute's real estate tax.

2---Back-up generator.... I mean, Warp crystal matrix:
The Institute requires large amounts of energies, and I assume the preferred power sources are something resembling Protoss PYLONS.

3---Catacombs:
The Institute was built over an ancient Injun burial ground....

__________________________________________________ ________

This basically sums up what we have talked about it, but making a more precise division of the Institute of War's map. We just need someone to draw it now.

Necromonger

12-14-2010

Designer's fee is one nidalee+sona lapdance.

Balrogix

12-14-2010

If it is not good, you'll receive a Taric's + Ezreal's lapdance.

Necromonger

12-14-2010

Oh gawd my eyes.

I expect to see french maid nidalee and muse sona bustin moves soon...

But in all seriousness, Such a huge project would take time.

Balrogix

12-14-2010

We still have to pretty much describe each one of those rooms...

In my opinion, every room, corridor, bathroom, kitchen and whatever is inside the Institute, is ornamented with gems, or is extremely expensive. Wood hand-crafted by the best artisans, food made by the best chefs, toilets cleaned by the best janitors, etc, etc.

Corridors should be illuminated by torches hanging in the walls, or crystals that are floating mid-air, and other kinds of cool stuff.

We should have an overview layout and a inside of each place.

Necromonger

12-14-2010

These days the specs for a 1-storey house fills up a book.

The specification documents for the Institute could fill a few shelves... and I was lazy doing specs in project management class.