Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, please don't rework Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXSorianXx

10-05-2013

He's not in a good spot right now and hasn't been for nearly 2 years but... you Olaf'd Olaf. I don't want my first champion back in 2009 to get Olaf'd. You spent so much time trying to rework him and it just failed miserably. You made his true damage have an AD ratio on it forcing him to either pick up a bloodthirster or pick up an atmas which is even worse considering at 3k hp you're only getting 45 AD.

Just leave Sion the way he is, in a poor state but really that's a better fate than what Olaf deserved. You haven't really truthfully reworked a champion aside from Eve since 2009, you've moved power around and made abilities do slightly more or less damage or have less of an effect but Eve is the ONLY champion that you've reworked and even then you just nerf her to the ground as soon as she becomes popular making her ultimate have no minimum damage.

If the Sion rework does go through, here's what I believe I'm going to see - Q: charges at a random direction and stuns on impact, W - Riven's shield in a nutshell, E - unchanged, R - 50% attack speed/lifesteal and passive is probably going to be worse off than what it currently is which is a RNG damage reduction for only basic attacks. Which means he's still going to be very susceptible to ganks, especially in the mobility creep era.

I miss Sion, I wish he would get an update but I don't want him to get touched by your "rework design team" just for the sake of saying "whelp we did it 2 years later so HERE YA GO!"

xXSorianXx

10-06-2013

Bump, I'd like to get a rioter to read this, even if they don't bother responding.

Unknownpony

10-06-2013

Hermi is reworked now. Xerath will be next.
Someone else then sion is planned on early 2014.
Sion won't get rework till half of 2014 anyway

Ornan

10-06-2013

Depends on who's leading the redesign. I want to keep playing Sion but the people I'm matched with are just too good for me to really abuse Sion's good sides with.

xXSorianXx

10-06-2013

Quote:
Ornan:
Depends on who's leading the redesign. I want to keep playing Sion but the people I'm matched with are just too good for me to really abuse Sion's good sides with.

And that's basically Sion's biggest flaw, either you go AP and become a god early game from killing and snowball your team into victory before 30 minutes or fall off because you only have 2 abilities on a relatively high CD or you go AD and get denied for the first 15 minutes of the game, try to farm and hope your team doesn't surrender before 35 minutes for you to be able to get back some of that farm that you so desperately need to be able to 1v3 anyone. There's no inbetween with Sion, there's no out playing, there's no baiting aside from bronze 5 tower diving tactics where you stun and shield and fight them under your turret with ultimate on he's just far too basic and from what I've seen with past reworks they don't make champions more advanced, no it's just the opposite they make them more basic. Aatrox is probably the closest thing that I could have hoped for in a Sion rework and I really do enjoy the darkin blade master but it's still not my Arnold Schwarzenegger Undead guy.

Jean Never Wins

10-06-2013

i hope they don't bring back the ungodly ap sion of old

buffing Ad sion would be nice

Farranor

10-06-2013

I thought this would be a thread about how Sion is totally fine, but it's actually a thread about how you don't trust Riot to do a good rework.

That's kind of sad. =\

Professor Pickel

10-06-2013

I hope riot nerfs Sion into the ground because the only people playing him are cheesers using him to carry themselves out of low elo then getting wrecked when people know how to play against sion/getting even more wrecked when they have to play a real champion, he is the worst designed champion in the game

xXSorianXx

10-06-2013

Quote:
Farranor:
I thought this would be a thread about how Sion is totally fine, but it's actually a thread about how you don't trust Riot to do a good rework.

That's kind of sad. =\

Gangplank
Ryze
Evelynn
Olaf
Alistar
Katarina
Master Yi

All got reworked and then nerfed down to trash aside from Ryze. I'm not saying they're completely unviable but the testing wasn't figured in to all levels of play, Alistar being an AP mid laner/badass jungler throughout season 2 after he got some amazing AP ratios with his rework proved this much. Gangplank was in a good spot when he got his rework but then nerfed because of lack of counter play which is half the reason they reworked him in the first place was to take out deny from his E. Master Yi pubstomped bronze for a few weeks then nerfed after rework. The exact same thing is going to happen to Sion I feel.

FlashGuard5

10-06-2013

One thing for sure- they will decide either he will be an Ap or AD, but it looks like they will eventually rework him as an AD bruiser and rip off his ap scaling- which is sad.