Cassiopeia, the Serpent’s Embrace – Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seyhron

12-18-2010

Twitch does not have a poison, he has a unique venom that does not work with other characters abilities

Eric Alvin

12-18-2010

Hi! Hello! Who are you? Why are you eyes flashing? Why am i turning gray?........

Tsukimizu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

Alright, so I've been reading through all these replies and there's some things that have been said that I think are being looked at, well, pessimistically. The main thing that strikes me is that people are complaining about hte length of the video. Look at it this way; every time that a long video involving deep strategy comes out for a champion, everyone plays that champion that way and it takes forever for original guides to be written. I understand the think there too: "If the people who MADE the champion say that this is a good way to play them, then I'll do it this way." But in a lot of ways that stifles creativity. Instead of providing a challenge for players to overcome and celebrate their skill, it presents a challenge, solves it, and then encourages other solutions after the fact. To sum this up, a shorter video is meant to stimulate players to come up with original strategies.

Another, kinda small, thing that is bothering me (albeit humorously) is that you're all amazed that Sona took her down. I play Sona successfully (more so when innervating locket was around) and know that she has long range in all her abilities and her passive gives her decent overall damage, but Sona's strength is in the fact that she can sustain heal/damage with HIGH MOBILITY. With Song of Celerity and Boots of Swiftness, a skilled Sona can harass to death just about anyone. It's also not fair to compare the skills that ANYONE has with a new champion compared to the skills that ANYONE ELSE has with a champion that's been out for over a month.

From what I've seen of Cassiopeia so far, she is a bit more of an assassin if she has the edge, and kinda similar to Morganna if she doesn't. Her abilities synergize well with Katarina's, despite the lack of poison. And her ability help a Twitch do damage in team fight could very well be the thing that allows their team to do enough damage to keep Twitch alive, or take advantage of his poison after he dies. Same with Teemo. She seems to be a team player to me, and in a solo lane a bit more like Lux as far as lane control goes. I like that she has an expanding AoE and that she's another poison based character, that she's a mage (since I play them most) and that you have to pay attention when playing her. Sorry for the intensely long post everyone....

bcguitarist2389

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullflower View Post
nice
good comment

NoxWolf

12-20-2010

Well been playing her for lots of matches as I really really like her and her style of gameplay but she is very very difficult to master and i gotta admit she is a bit... weak... cause really if she doesnt have her ulti she can die very quickly and without her ulti she looses too much dmg since you have to actuall land a poison skill to even be able to use twing fangs right and that is not easy to do... she should get buffed in later patches in a way to or do more dmg with normal skills or more range for her ulti at least or soemthing to help her stay alive a little cause yeah in the beggining in mid I harras so much I make people go back alot if I dont kill them but if they get to close its almost death right there depending on the other champ.... and well yeah I love this champ but its being way to much the times I get very bad negative scores than the times I get good positive scores and dont get me wrong im not a bad player I can assure you that... being that said hope she gets buffed some way later on and I hope to see more assassins coming out plz riot =)! and see you in the fields of jusice! =D

NoxWolf

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbelTheFeared View Post
Thumbs up if they should do a new character with a giant sword/claws and wings with these moves. Feel free to use this Creators/ designers whom work for Riot. But if you do make him, please give me some by naming him after my forum name, because who doesnt love this name?
(American keyboards =D) at level 18
Q- Grand strike, Strikes the enemy for triple normal attack damage
W- Spinning Death - Jumps toward enemy doing 200 damage if hit, if not then user gains +70 attack speed
E- Siphon - Player siphons the health from another champion or minion damaging them and boosting ____'s health for half of the damage done for 1 minute.
R- Call of the Fallen - Champion teleports to selected location, damaging and stunning all enemies who he lands by, also leaving an apparition of himself from where he teleported.

Feel free to use this Creators/ designers whom work for Riot. But if you do make him, please give me some by naming him after my forum name, because who doesnt love this name?
you joking right? xD thats just way to op and like all the skills have nothing to do 1 with another lol so he is a melee carry, assassin caster? xD

NoxWolf

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by URZ View Post
So basically if you mid with eve or twitch or akali you get a neat little stealth reveal. And to every1 else as long as u move quickly u wont die.He showcased her counters, but offered nothing in terms of play style there was little info to help me play as cassi but instead to show how to counter her. Her twin fang range is just sad for the amount of precision it takes to land her Q and W. especially if your laning with a person who can move and cast spells because u have to get really close to use twin fang. She is just too easy to counter because a person just has to dance around her in circles. Super challenging but i'm not seeing very much reward. Her ult is cool if people dont just turn around and walk away from you because ur too close and blasting them with poison

TL;DR Needs more range on E, and ****ty spotlight
totally agree ive been using her alot and the range of Twing Fangs is just way to short early game if you land a poison the champs just go back and you cant hit them with fangs even once and her movemente speed is so slow that it doesnt help at all and later on in team fights you land a poison and when you get close to use twing fangs you get focused reallly hard since everyone know you are very squishy... she need more range on twing fangs at least same as as her Q ability so you can hit with q and hit fangs.... being that said.... plz mroe rang on ting fangs! =D

CheapDress

12-20-2010

I have played her like 25 times and keep thinking there is a way to use her, but there isnt. Atleast not the way she is right now, I never land the ult properly or I do and cant tell cuz the damage is laughable. The range on it puts you in the middle fo the melee and cant say that i ever make it out alive, I even built her like a tank and she still gets mowed. i cant see how they thought this champ was viable, super slow, no burst, no escape, no damage etc ect. if your team is awesome you can maybe have a positive score, if the match is even your screwed. Everyone knows she is fresh meat on a platter so she is target number one. Double the range of her alt, up the damage on all her abilites and maybe she is useful, its a real burn that she sucks cuz she is cool as heck I am really disapointed and frustrated with her.

PulsatingPen15

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgiemaster View Post
define poison please

Does her E works with GP's or Twitch's passives?

Thanks for the clarification
GP is not posin. it will work with Teemo but nor sure abour Twtich

Kid Kody

12-23-2010

Hello Riot people am a big fan of league of legends just like other people and i have few questions 4 riot people and uhm................
1.Question
When r u guys gonna make a new char ??
2.Question
Can u guys make a new char that is a good assasin and fighter that could take two tanks at a time and a cheap one and skilled??
3.Question
So when r u guys gonna like publish it???
4.Question
Can u guys tell me a good nickname 4 u guys????
and that is all.
Thank You for viewing my questions.
Please rate 5 if its catchy.