New/Better AI?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pade

12-22-2009

Any plans on adding some decent AI here? I'd like to play with my son(s) but I'd rather not have them online to listen to the ridiculous chat that goes on in game.

Obviously the bots as they are now are no fun to play (being really really profoundly bad).

So, what's the long term on the AI?

Thanks,

Frank

Parez

12-22-2009

true story, also make bot matches playable without an internet connection.

th e bots are horrendous atm, you can run up to one wave, hit him and he will still be attacking a creep.. something needs to be done about that. seriously.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parez View Post
true story, also make bot matches playable without an internet connection.
You're not familiar with how LoL works are you?
Pretty much everything but display and user input is done server side. They have no plans at the moment to do offline. Your IP, Your Runes, Your Champs, all done server side, and thats before you get int the game!

But yeah +1 for more champs in practice mode and +1 for better AI. Like if (take tower hits==true) { then move ***** get out the way()

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Any chance Riot would consider community work on scripts... I'm not volunteering, no interest, but DOTA's AI maps are fantastic and are community-driven.

NotJordy

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
But yeah +1 for more champs in practice mode and +1 for better AI. Like if (take tower hits==true) { then move ***** get out the way()
But Alistar Bot want crush Soraka Bot!!!!

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-22-2009

Nope, he was just standing there chewing his gorram cud.