Question about Morde Tank/AP build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MauxFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2010

You can call me a moron if you like, I am just telling you what is successful for me. Randuins works well also, but it isnt the way I like to build.

Carados

12-13-2010

You're playing an item independent pub stomper, most likely against bad players. When they realize how to play against Morde, you need to tighten up your item build to actually build good items so you can do well.

Morde is a champion that people are terrible at giving advice for because people are morons about playing against Morde, and Morde not requiring much in items, meaning anything you build on him will likely win you the game.

This is why there is so many dumb Morde builds on this forum, and every forum.

MauxFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

You can call me a moron but I understand what kind of damage I primarily take. If I am playing against a group of champs that have a high physical damage output - ie Yi, Ashe, Trynd, MF ect... - then yes I certainly would change my build to Randuins Omen first. But because a vast majority of champions primarily do a high percentage of their damage in the form of abilities, most of which do magic damage, I believe that putting magic resistance has higher value. If you want cool down reduction after FoN, Boots, Rylias then you could build up Randuins or Spirit Visage. But it just does not make any sense for me to go Randuins when I am up against - take my last game for example - Nunu, Galio, and Mal. Most of the damage they did to me was magical, so MR was prudent.
I suggest you think about having a flexable build order while you play and consider that others might have one as well before you start calling people names and flaming them. If you disagree with someone, present your argument in a civilized manner and dont be so child like in calling me a moron. This game is for fun and build orders and item lists will change from person to person. Accept that and be nice.

Carados

12-14-2010

Which is why you buy Abyssal, which is ACTUALLY A GOOD ITEM, unlike Force of Nature!

If you need more, get a Banshee's Veil, which is again, A GOOD ITEM!

Force of Nature is not.
You're paying about 1200g for 7% move speed and 20 less magic resistance then it's worth.

MauxFire

12-14-2010

Alright, I am going to crunch the numbers and do a number of tests. I see where you are coming from but I think in the end it will cost more to go wardens, boots, rylias, abyssal, omen. Which is if I understand you correctly what you're recommending.

Carados

12-14-2010

Hint for new players: There's nothing preventing you from buying an early Negatron cloak and holding it in your inventory, even if you never intend to build it into something.

MauxFire

12-14-2010

You really are rather rude.

Gloin Deathtouch

12-14-2010

Half the people in this thread are basing their speculations off how they play other tanks. Which Mordekaiser is not, he isn't just another tank. Built correctly you don't need AP at all, For example my normal build on Mordekaiser (who ive been playing 13->27) is:

Ninja Tabi -> 25 Armour 12% dodge
Force of Nature -> ##Magic ressistance 40Hp per 5 seconds (i think) 0.35% of HP Per second and 8% movement speed (correct me?)
Sunfire Cape -> 450 Hp ##Armour
Warmogs -> OH NO WARMOGS - Fact is, MOrdekaiser can max Warmogs and have 4k+ Hp without mallet.
Thornmail -> 100 Armour + the 30% "payback"
Phantom Dancer -> Attack Speed, another 15% (?) Movement speed. another 15/20% dodge and not to mention critical.

In total, the speed by the time you get to FON makes up for AP, by the time you get to Phantom, Singed/Yi/Mundo will all have to pop a ability to get away, Your MR and AR are both over/near 200. Meele Champions like Tryn will be forced to use Spells/Ult if he wants to try 1v1 with you and a DPS build Jax will struggle to harm you if you have Cooldown reduction runes so you can spam abilities.

On the runes note:

9x Mark of Insight
9x Seal of Evasion
9x Glyph of Focus

and

3x Quintessence of Swiftness

-> Say hello to my little friend that allows me to go 23/5 (+/-) and look like i built AP anyway.

Also inb4anotheridiot -> Build is changed depending on who you're facing.

TheFornix

12-14-2010

Thnaks for all the info, this game me some great idea to start working towards to make me a better Morde