Nvidia GeForce 327.23 Driver and League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dino123

10-05-2013

I just can`t play anymore, i have a +$2000 laptop and i cant play lol anymore because FPS goes down to 10 sometimes. And no one helps. I didnt change Nvidia settings.

dino123

10-05-2013

I didn`t upgrade anything and i have the same problem .-.

AStudioAudience

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2013

Please note that IF THE ISSUE YOU ARE HAVING IS THE SAME AS MINE, you can fix this by rolling your driver back to a previous version (if the previous version worked for you) or just download 314 and install it. Otherwise, it could be something else.

Nvidia Drivers: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

You can find your video card yourself if you know what it is, or have Nvidia figure it out with the tool. I would recommend from the last drop down menu selecting 'Recommended/Certified' so the beta drivers don't push down 314 and it doesn't show up.

If you decide to try to roll back your drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_rollback.html

This is a pretty simple walkthrough. This may fix the issue, or just roll it back to a driver that is causing the same issue, depending on what you have installed and what you had installed. I do not recommend doing Option 2 that's on that page unless you are 100% absolutely sure you know what you're doing and can fix any problems that arise. If you download and run the 314 driver from the driver link I posted, it should install cleanly over drivers more advanced than that.

If you have any issues, add me in game and I can see what I can do.

matthavoc

10-07-2013

the 331.40 drivers fixed this for me

Illuminati anon

10-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStudioAudience View Post
Update:

Looks like it could be happening with the newest Nvidia Driver beyond 327.23 as well.

Original post:
I recently was playing a game after updating to the recent Nvidia 327.23 Driver and was receiving horrendous drops in FPS. I normally average 100-120 FPS on very high, so a drop to even the 30's to 40's was shocking and unplayable. League then eventually crashed, causing me to have to restart my computer. I was informed by a teammate that the latest Nvidia Driver, 327, was causing issues, so I rolled back to 320.64? I think. I know it's 320. But, if you have any knowledge of the issues with 320 constantly stop working and recovering, I have now had to rollback to 314.22 in hopes my driver will stop crashing.

My question is, is this something Nvidia has done with the recent update(probably...)? If so, is there something Riot can do about this? I would really like to keep my driver up-to-date as 327.23 had stopped crashing my card, but then there are the issues in game. Or is all this moot and the most recent patch fixed whatever issues League and 327 was having?

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
CPU: Intel i7-2600 3.4 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Resolution: 1360 x 768

If there's any other information Riot would be interested in me giving them, let me know.
Now, I do remember saying that I thought it was the NVIDIA driver but it isn't the case for me. I've tried multiple drivers from them and all of them have the same problem now. It's not a FPS lag. I get random spikes of high ping.