My Largest Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

F Doom

12-22-2009

I am enjoying the game, but my largest problem is with instant team imbalance.

when a player either: is disconnected right away for half the game, a player leaves, or someone is just afk leeching xp/ip there is nothing to do but wait to lose.

Why is there a time limit before a team can surrender?
Why is there no way to kick players that are either sitting there AFK or rage quit.
In the previous two cases, why is there no auto team balance of some kind. Even a poorly played bot is better than nothing. Or a team with less players could gain xp or gold slightly faster, receive a small hp percentage bump. There are probably a number of things that could make it so it isn't just a wait to lose scenario.

I have not played many games, and the way that it is going I might not play many more. at least 50% of the time I seem to be on a team with less than 5 active players. Usually it is so obvious that the whole team wants to surrender and start again but we cannot until the surrender timer is up.

This game only shows wins and times left to other players, I don't want to be one that also abandons my team but if the whole match is skewed from the very beginning I don't find to much encouragement to waste 15-30-60 minutes for almost the same amount of reward if the match would have just ended after 10 minutes.

I get to the point I wish I could attack my own towers just to help the other team out.

WhitemageofDOOM

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Doom View Post
Even a poorly played bot is better than nothing.
No, having a bad player/bot is much much much much worse than being down a player because of the way gold is awarded.

Anyways, the best advice i can give you for dealing with it now is getting out of the early brackets since this kind of **** happens a lot less often in the mid tier.

gantonski

12-22-2009

I see you're level 8, and i can tell you in the tier that i'm in i never see this. the most i've seen is people threaten to feed when they're called out on their mistakes in team chat. i think the way some people see it is they can just bot their way to the higher levels/tiers and then buy runes and spend masteries, being that nobody can see your losses they dont have anything to be ashamed of as far as people bringing that up.

i think bringing in a handicap for the victimized team wouldnt be a good idea, for one its not all over the game that your situation happens, and for two, imo, it just seems to complicated to bother with given the first reason.

i was fortunate enough to play in beta, by the time it was released i was level 15-20 or so, and didnt see much of that from the new or lazy players.

just wait it out! youll get there!

ps. sometimes i wish i can attack my own towers, too. today has been the worst day of LoL ive ever had

F Doom

12-22-2009

What would you say to removing the forced time on when you can surrender. After all it is a team decision and it cannot be spammed, believe me, frustration has made me try. In several of these games it has been to the point where over half the team is just sitting at the spawn point waiting for that magic minute.