Where is our [thing people have wanted since the game came out]?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoX Zenilant

01-26-2011

That's how I figured it worked in most games. I don't think that recording and saving replays would do much to the servers, really, since it's all done on the player's computer.

Autocthon

01-27-2011

Add sellback for full price if you stay in shop window.

Also... you missed something: Normalized HUD.

That is to say have the HUD NOT take up visual space, or at the very least have it take up equivalent visual space for each team. (IE, one has top the other bottom, so the huds cancel equivalent view areas).

??ig???ar? Dice

01-29-2011

another good thing would be an observer mode, where you can just enter the game and watch - must be invited into the game by someone playing in it already though, and you can choose to be able to see the everything but not be able to talk to anyone but other observers or just watching from the side you were invited from and be able to talk to only that team.

Rootbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2011

I think the mini map could either be scalable, or they could change it so clicking on the map doesn't register unless you first hit a key to activate it. Otherwise, it could click on the terrain behind it. Translucency would be a good marriage to that option.

I think the UI is just terrible, honestly. For a game that is more like a sport than an MMO, it has way too much fluff in the design. There only needs to be ONE hp bar on the screen for yourself. As it stands there's the HP in the left top corner, above your head, and below your skills. Poor space management.

And of course there's all the dead space occupied by stone textures etc. I'd prefer none of it. I don't need my portrait in the bottom left corner as well as the top left corner, either. In fact, I don't need my portrait at all.

NoX Zenilant

01-30-2011

What's funny is that there is an option to disable part of the stone wall texture on the bottom HUD, but it does NOTHING to solve the inherent problems of the HUD's design. So you get like a centimeter's width of extra visibility... in between huge chunks of opaque HUD. It's like looking through the cracks in a fence.

Xement

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Quote:
Votekicking people

Someone purposefully feeding? AFKing at fountain? Votekick similar to DotA's would take care of that easily, ensuring that they do not get unearned IP. This would have to have a lot of stipulations, not just someone doing poorly being kicked, and should probably require a majority of BOTH teams to pass.
I can see this being abused

Scenario
A particularly short-tempered player had buddied up with a friend in 5v5. It seems he decided to get angry at the carry AKA The glue of the team.
So The player then starts a vote kick, The enemy team would gladly accept to rid them of their biggest challenge and the player's loyal friend accepts as well.
Now counting the enemy team (5) and the current team excluding the Carry (4) Only 2 people would vote against.
The Result. Bad Game

GAunderrated

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCloud View Post
I can see this being abused

Scenario
A particularly short-tempered player had buddied up with a friend in 5v5. It seems he decided to get angry at the carry AKA The glue of the team.
So The player then starts a vote kick, The enemy team would gladly accept to rid them of their biggest challenge and the player's loyal friend accepts as well.
Now counting the enemy team (5) and the current team excluding the Carry (4) Only 2 people would vote against.
The Result. Bad Game

Agreed. I hate afk and leavers but vote kicking has been abused in many many games. A great example for me is left for dead 2 is when a team isn't getting along (in the internet this never happends /sarcasm) someone keeps trying to vote kick another player.

Especially if arranged teams play with solo people it will lead to some bad experiences.

Camera Rotation (mainly for purple team)

The purple team is at a huge disadvantage, especially with skill shots. The HUD at the bottom of the screen makes awkward aiming and often less range when you're aiming at someone coming from the blue spawn. Too much camera rotation could give unfair sight, so just a quick, 180 degree toggle would be perfect. While this is mainly for those that use fixed-camera, it would be useful for those that simply prefer being at blue.

^ dear god riot this is a necessity and I hope I see this real soon. I don't have many gripes about this game but I do give a sigh every time i'm on the purple team because I know camera wise i'm fighting an uphill battle.

Felsadow

02-02-2011

Voting to keep this going i like the ideas however i think there are reasons they did what they did I just dont know them love for them to respond to this they need someone to troll the forums and watch topics, so i offer, they can hire me and Ill troll the forums to bring up in monday meetings lol

Al Stump

02-02-2011

You are wasting your time. If they haven't implemented something as necessary as mastery pages by now, they aren't going to do much other than what they want.

Shaydd

02-07-2011

Rebump for righteous justice and epic fail at letting this fall off the first page.