Where is our [thing people have wanted since the game came out]?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeliciousCrepes

12-13-2010

Replays

A part of DotA (inherent in WC3) and HoN since launch, yet LoL still lacks them even a year after release.

Mastery Pages

I don't know how many times I've had to dodge because one of my teammates is trying to change his masteries, he hits reset, and the client or server completely bugs out, leaving him without masteries. Three mastery pages with the addition to add more would be perfect.

Votekicking people

Someone purposefully feeding? AFKing at fountain? Votekick similar to DotA's would take care of that easily, ensuring that they do not get unearned IP. This would have to have a lot of stipulations, not just someone doing poorly being kicked, and should probably require a majority of BOTH teams to pass.

Earlier Surrenders

Two people left at the beginning of your game? Too bad, you have to wait 25 minutes in a game that you already lost. Someone being out of game for 5+ minutes should reduce surrender timer 10 minutes.

Camera Rotation (mainly for purple team)

The purple team is at a huge disadvantage, especially with skill shots. The HUD at the bottom of the screen makes awkward aiming and often less range when you're aiming at someone coming from the blue spawn. Too much camera rotation could give unfair sight, so just a quick, 180 degree toggle would be perfect. While this is mainly for those that use fixed-camera, it would be useful for those that simply prefer being at blue.

Minimap Adjustment

One accidental click on the minimap can mean the difference between a kill and being killed. Some people are compulsive clickers (most of us, I would say). Allowing us to change the size of the minimap without making the rest of the HUD tiny would save a lot of frustration and unnecessary deaths.

Turn off right-click shop opening

This seems to happen to a lot of people. I can't say I've ever experienced it, but there are several active topics about it. There's really no reason for right-click to open the shop when left-click works just as well, because of things like this. As with minimap adjustment, this doesn't make the game harder or easier, it just reduces some of the random chance or those occasional freak accidents that can mean a win or a loss because of one death.

Different colored HP bar for yourself

Getting lost in a team fight is easy when 10 people are all on top of each other, simple at that. Having a purple or other colored bar for self-HP is an easy fix that would save unnecessary death, especially for those with vision problems. This one comes with Riot support - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...72#post2951572

Various Stats - PARTIALLY COMPLETE! - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=427085

Knowing how full your tear/bloodthirster/warmog's/archangel's/etc is isn't imperative, but does let you know if your build is optimal or if there's a better route you could be going. The same is true for things such as XP or Gold per minute and actions per minute. Not to mention, we were promised this almost a year ago - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...616#post546616

also smite damage - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...84#post4016684

Custom Recommended Items

You know what you want to buy after a while on a champion. It would be so much easier to be able to add those to our own recommended items build for quick access and less time spent at the shop.

---

Added Dec 28

Sellback of accidental items

Accidentally buy an extra potion and you're stuck waiting for gold to finish your big item now? Are you on autopilot after playing your favorite carry 50 times in a row and accidentally buy a doran's sword when you play Janna? Cat bump your mouse and you click the wrong item? Did you just make a mistake in buying in general? DotA has had a feature for a long time that items can be sold back for full price within a certain amount of time. This would save a lot of frustration, and possibly the game, if you could get full price back for an accidental purchase within a certain amount of time, or before leaving your shop.

Allow changing of certain team colors

Mainly for the colorblind. I would thing Riot would be all for this, as around 8% of males (the majority of LoL plyers) are red/green colorblind, making team fights frustrating. There's already a big topic on it, and it is explained in greater detail there - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=114812

---

Added Jan 06

Adjustable font size

Yes, you can adjust the size of chat. Everything else is pretty big now, too, and a lot of people find it annoying. This can probably be lumped in with customizable UI, but there seem to be more and more people complaining specifically about the font size.

---

Added Jan 18

In-Game Voice Chat

There are pros and cons to this, and it would probably be something that is far off because of server load, but I feel like it should happen eventually and there are many topics regarding its implementation.

Jasic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2010

+1

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

the really sad thing is none of these are really that hard, any experienced coder (or even someone who just knows how to change the value of something (i.e. most everyone) could do this. This would take like seriously, only a weeks worth of work to add these things (at most).

Sneaky Thing

12-14-2010

I especially agree with the masteries, votekicking, earlier surrenders, health bar differentiation, and custom rec items.

Just like rune pages, you should have different mastery pages for different purposes, rather than having to spend so much time respeccing and remembering the correct build.

Votekicking and earlier surrenders would be nice, seeing as I get screwed by afkers, feeders, and leavers when I play a squishy dps or a mage. 2v3 is not fun when you wanted to rock at endgame.

As a dps and caster play, I often get lost in team battles and just straight up die uselessly, especially when Im a melee champ. Oh goodness, how this would help.

Finally, seeing as how there are so many build for so many champs, having the option to put your favorite up in the shop for your own use would be FANTASTIC and would cut down on the time i spend getting to Hextech Gunblade with Jax or Banshee's Veil with Nasus. Maybe have a button to return to defaults to save beginners from losing the recommended items entirely.

The Murdertrain

12-14-2010

Upvote for camera rotation.

Symmon

12-14-2010

I especially would appreciate a different colored health-bar.
Green maybe?

Al Hatal

12-14-2010

All of these are really simple, good suggestions.

Specially those which are directly related to the game developement itself (may be replays, although wanted, are not so necesary).

I usually had a los of troybles with the market when im about to lose a game and i try to scape to the respawn point, there i missclick over the market, the stupid window opens and i die...

I also havent thought about the chance of an earlier surrender but i sound good enough.

Votekicking may sound good but there is a problem... premade teams which are not complete (say a 3 or 4 person team on SR or a 2 person team on TT) may use this as a weapon to screw guys which may be having a bad game but are not intentionally feeding and/or dieing. When having to moderate a massive game such as this, i think we should consider that there is people that plays the game but is also the tipical troll that quits, goes afk on porpuse, feeds and might use this as a "weapon" to bother the rest

This application, if added, should be able to be moderated somehow u.u

Also, knowing that this may be seen as propaganda, here is the link to a topic created by me in which i suggest an extra ELO points system for the best players of each team.
If you like the idea Delicious, you are welcome to add it to the head of this topic

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...86#post4673986

Tomtefar

12-14-2010

Lol, I remember some of this suggestions from back in the beta. Now, more than a year have past and we're still in the same spot, just 30 champions richer.

DeliciousCrepes

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hatal View Post
All of these are really simple, good suggestions.

Specially those which are directly related to the game developement itself (may be replays, although wanted, are not so necesary).

I usually had a los of troybles with the market when im about to lose a game and i try to scape to the respawn point, there i missclick over the market, the stupid window opens and i die...

I also havent thought about the chance of an earlier surrender but i sound good enough.

Votekicking may sound good but there is a problem... premade teams which are not complete (say a 3 or 4 person team on SR or a 2 person team on TT) may use this as a weapon to screw guys which may be having a bad game but are not intentionally feeding and/or dieing. When having to moderate a massive game such as this, i think we should consider that there is people that plays the game but is also the tipical troll that quits, goes afk on porpuse, feeds and might use this as a "weapon" to bother the rest

This application, if added, should be able to be moderated somehow u.u

Also, knowing that this may be seen as propaganda, here is the link to a topic created by me in which i suggest an extra ELO points system for the best players of each team.
If you like the idea Delicious, you are welcome to add it to the head of this topic

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...86#post4673986
Votekick would require a majority of the people in the game, maybe 7 to pass. That way one team can't kick alone.

I like your idea, I just don't know if it goes to In-Game HUD discussion. Maybe PVP.net discussion?

Al Hatal

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousCrepes View Post

I like your idea, I just don't know if it goes to In-Game HUD discussion. Maybe PVP.net discussion?

Hmmm

yeah... you are probably right, im new at the forusm so...

Ill probably delete the thread and post it on PvP (if that is even posible xD)

12345 ... 8