Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

question about retail (boxed) version

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draego

12-22-2009

Hi All -

Just started playing a couple days ago.

I am thinking about springing for the retail version for two reasons.

(1) If I like a game I like to support the people that made it and hopefully encourage them to improve it further.

(2) It seems like a good value.

My question is, since I already have the game installed is there just a code you enter to unlock the champs and such? Or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the game?

I see a place in the on-line store for entering a code, was hoping that is what it is for, I really don't want to have to reinstall.

Anyone done this already?

~Thanks

melek

12-22-2009

I haven't purchased it, but I may. I would like Riot Points equivalent to any heroes I already spent hard-earned IP on in the 'champion pack'. I think thats one of my biggest hesitations.

I am positive you don't have to reinstall. Buy and enjoy This is a great game, worthy of your dough!

TheRaven

Recruiter

12-22-2009

just type in the code and you are good to go!

Draego

12-22-2009

Thanks you two, for the quick response.

Will probably pick it up today when I head out for last minute Christmas shopping! Oh joy!

~Happy Holidays