My eye is TWITCH'ing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ben4zwin

12-22-2009

oracles isnt always useful. The other day I was twitch and I got a quadra kill by using spray and pray across one of the walls in the jungle during a team fight. I was never even detected by oracles

ben4zwin

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHatred View Post
Certain champs can make life hell for twitch, hes got no stun I haven't seen a good twitch in awhile but I find hiding in bushes by 2+ champs and getting ready to ult him with kat will absolutely destroy twitch..but whatevs if he kills your oracle holders hes winning and your just burning gold. You probably soloed that round..fact is without a premade your going to think all kinds of things are wrong. The games only as serious as you make it when I lan with my buddies we focus stealthies..you have to.
btw premades arent actually good. They are way over rated. It bumps up your elo group so half the time you get demolished

Pharmacologist

12-22-2009

The best counters to twitch are not oracle elixir and wards.

The best counters are champions with powerful unstoppable initiating stuns. Cardmaster (ulti/gate/card), malphite (R), blitzcrank (grab), alistar (flash, Q, W).

A good twitch pops in a perfect position in teamfights, and is able to kite most other threats that can't instantly appear on his face or quickly change his position to somewhere more vulnerable. There is no good twitch dps build in a normal game that also has anything but token survivability. As soon as you get him out of his ranged perch, he dies.

Unless he has Kayle, that is an entire new level of pain. But they are changing Kayle ult.

I speak from a fairly high level of play and a good amount of twitch experience.

SlyGoat

12-22-2009

I agree with Pharma and would add CM is a ridiculously good Twitch counter and can make it so Twitch is never able to gank anyone. Just pop your ult, gate and kill whenever he goes MIA.

Charmicarmicarmicat

12-22-2009

I second that fact that twitch is still good against oracles. They definitely help, but stunning him is likely to be more effective.

Sc2ggRise

12-22-2009

@OP: please see my guide: [Guide] Twitch: So annoying, he makes your eye twitch

Wulgreth

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrmidon View Post
Twitch does pretty well without stealth. To be honest the only reason I use it is to get ignored in team fights and for the aspd bonus.

The aspd bonus is the big plus from his stealth, not the actual stealth.
Ummm, being ignored in team fights is absolutely essential for Twitch, though.

That's like saying "Cleanse isn't that great, I only use it to escape from CC".

Aldy

12-22-2009

Since I got owned 3 times by Twitch last week (fed of my team - 1 time I fed him, even with oracle) I tried the following:

- playing a stun- hero (in this case taric)
- buying oracle after the first blue pill
-> twitch died 3 times in the lane alone (he really got like no hp or amour)

The only random factor in this part are the summoner spells. Who uses what and when.

Phixation

12-22-2009

He's really not that bad. If you play in a solo que game he will probably dominate you but in premades he's worthless.

Between oracles and disables and just spreading out a bit he is pretty useless other than for backdooring.

Anniie

12-22-2009

Detection isn't the issue when twitch is teamfighting. It's initiation. You can either get to him and kill him when he appears or you can't and your team can eat AOE DPS poison nuke. If you have Malphite, Twitch gets REQ'd as soon as he appears, so him and his IAS are instantly boned. If you have other good initiators, you can still counter him pretty well. If you don't have one of like 7 champs, you're going to have to outplay him all game just to break even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc2ggRise View Post
ps dude are you the real rise? I've been watching the hell out of your SC vids for like a year.