Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Positive" K/D ratio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epistemic

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Quote:
Linden Ryuujin:
This is getting needlessly complex. A ratio is just a method of understanding the relationship between kills and deaths. As the ratio is basically the same as the fraction K/D you can end up with a fraction of a death using this method. Obviously a fraction of a death is not something that can be seen in real life but then that's the beauty of maths, can you show me what a -1 death looks like? No.

Since we are arguing correct definitions, while a ratio can be used to relate kills and deaths, it is not "just a method for [relating] kills and deaths", it is a method for relating 2 numbers.

About killing half a person, I remember a fighting game for N64, it was about mutants fighting, and in it you could actually "kill" half of them, i.e. knock off their arms, or legs, and could eventually reduce them to a torso with a head. I never played it, but I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power.

Twisted

Recruiter

12-22-2009

You are a math natzi. Everyone ,in general, understands what people are talking about. The language is doing its job.

/thread

Linden Ryuujin

12-22-2009

Quote:
Epistemic:
Since we are arguing correct definitions, while a ratio can be used to relate kills and deaths, it is not "just a method for [relating] kills and deaths", it is a method for relating 2 numbers.

About killing half a person, I remember a fighting game for N64, it was about mutants fighting, and in it you could actually "kill" half of them, i.e. knock off their arms, or legs, and could eventually reduce them to a torso with a head. I never played it, but I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power.

I intended to type numbers and include death/kills as an example of some numbers, I guess my fingers got a little ahead of me. I apologise unreservedly.

Biofreaks was filled with win.

Epistemic

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Quote:
Linden Ryuujin:
I intended to type numbers and include death/kills as an example of some numbers, I guess my fingers got a little ahead of me. I apologise unreservedly.

Biofreaks was filled with win.

<3 you.

Arthas Menethil

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Let's prove OP's statement by induction.

Thinking about it...

No.

It's a game. I already spend enough time on mathematics in university, I'm not gonna be a math nazi here.