[Guide] Amumu, A Fist Full Of Inadequacy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dondanger

03-16-2010

Hey, I like using Amumu and he's really fun. Thanks for reading.

Baculus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

Bumping this and upping Pyro's posts. He really knows what he's talking about, and that's never use Amumu. He's worthless, and Alistar(I'd settle for Cho'Gath, Mord, or Shen) would always make the team stronger.

Really, he's bad. Any other tank would be better, please, choose another tank. Please?

Talking Socks

10-26-2010

I disagree

Lorifel

10-26-2010

+1 for the most Emo guide to the most Emo champion in League of Leagends.

And no, we all know Amumu is a beast when played right, right?

I am surprised Amumu's ability to jungle and kill Dragon at lvl 4 was not mentioned here.

Morcaar

10-26-2010

I'm guessing the OP is pretty horrible with most tanks.
Why? Because he seems to fail to realize that the point of a tank isn't to do damage, it is to make sure that your TEAM (dpsers, nukers) is able to do the maximum about of damage, while receiving the least amount back.
Amumu, having a GREAT AoE initiator (now a little less good since patch :/) basically guarantees a kill or two in all team fights (as long as you initiate at the right time).
Being a tank requires a lot of selflessness. It means that your name won't be posted with the little "g-g-g-godlike!" in chatbox, and it also means you're probably going to die more than the average joe.
But this doesn't decrease the viability of a tank. It just means that you are doing your job and enabling your team to excell. A good tank can make the team, and a bad one can break it... However, this is true of all characters. that's why this is a TEAM game.

tl;dr - Amumu isn't supposed to do damage, he's supposed to take it, and set up his teammates to give it. OP has probably failed to grasp the purpose of all tanks if he thinks that Amumu sucks (he is a top tier tank).

Heely

10-26-2010

-1 to page 11 posters since they haven't realized this was a necro'ed thread and written in 2009...