so i bought demigod in target for 7$

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valcurdra

12-22-2009

Demigod was a good game but inferior to lol imo. Its much much slower and far more dependent on pre game builds. Also its a game where you cannot afford to die. 1 early death and it can be all over.

Other than that it has some awesome mechanics that arnt in lol or dota its worth a look though you will come back here i think.

NecroMage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

I much prefer LoL to Demigod, but Demigod has a few things over LoL and HoN in my opinion.

1. I like how Demigod broke with the 4 ability limit, using that complex skill tree.

2. Upgrading minions is a great concept. I don't think Demigod handled it particularly well, but they did have it as a feature, which was nice.

3. Rook. This is honestly the best part of Demigod for me.

Aside from that, the game is very slow, there's not much selection between champions, controlling pets for anything besides "all of you charge that way" is very clunky, and it's very drab aesthetically.

kta

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroMage View Post
3. Rook. This is honestly the best part of Demigod for me..
Rook is my favorite looking/concept of a hero in all of the MOBA's I've played. Unfortunately the game was not very good.

Danbotica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

The game was very fun, and the game types added a lot.

I remspect the game and frogboy did try to hold everything together. They kept killing the community by resseting their version of influence points. People got pissedof and left.

Also, they had not learned from Blizzard that content should never be anounced early. They kept talking about 2 new heroes and took FOREVER to release them thus pissing off everyone who remained.

Overall, the graphics are way better than LOL and the maps are far more interesting, But LOL did a better job creating heroes and keeping the community happy.

LOL could learn from Demigod's maps/game variety while Demigod could use more heroes.

I do like LOL better though.

TheRaven

Recruiter

12-22-2009

i loved the heroes of demigod. The mage assasin who you could be frost and switch to fire, etc. The queen of thorns who also had a aspect where your bud could be opened or closed changing your skill sets.

But i think the best part of it for me is sniper... i loved when my teammate made someone with low health run in another lane and id snipe em for the kill. The flag capture system which is more wh40k/coh was an awesome feature i think. As each flag gave bonuses/buffs plus alot controlled aspects of the map, ie, you could stop the enemy minions from spawning by taking their spawn flag points etc.

Rook was an amazing concept and look. I have to agree.

Being able to essentially use your gold to upgrade and change everything for your team also was incredible.

But the support and servers were terrible and killed it. Though to be fair, it was the first officially released MOBA game on the market.

Hydriumlol

12-22-2009

Next time you feel like wasting some cash just mail it to me and I'll fly to your house and kick you in the balls.

It'll be a much more enjoyable experience.

BentoBento

12-22-2009

coulda gotten a skin for 7 bucks rather than that piece of shait game, all i can say

Ivandir

12-22-2009

I am saving my $7 for the new Ice Karthus skin.

Shillen

12-22-2009

The only thing I liked about demigod was being able to upgrade minions/towers and stuff like that.

immp

12-22-2009

i would love some sort of ctf in lol