Fix Forum Logon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

I know that this general discussion for LoL but there is not proper section for post this.

I am going to say it in one way with all my frustration.

For

****'s

Sake

Remember

Account

Log On

This site logon system is awful. If I try to post on the forums, it takes me to login, where do I end up where I login? On the god **** main page so I gotta come back to the forums, now I try to post again, guess what? Forum doesn't remember me. Seriously, how do you guys manage to deal with this without fixing it?

banduan

12-21-2009

The website as a whole has issues. Odd really, coming from a team of people who used to run portals themselves (I think).

OTOH, websites are more hassle than they appear to be, and can take up plenty resources to manage.

Does seem a simple issue to solve tho.

ahkzee

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by banduan View Post
The website as a whole has issues. Odd really, coming from a team of people who used to run portals themselves (I think).

OTOH, websites are more hassle than they appear to be, and can take up plenty resources to manage.

Does seem a simple issue to solve tho.
As a web developer I can assure you that the most simple issues are the most irritating and time consuming to fix, usually because most of the time all the coding is there and a messed up part in a completely different part of the document which is about a different part of the site could have a slight error which could be causing this. However, with PHP and the clutter it brings forth (compared to cleaner development languages such as Ruby or Python) it's a lot harder to fix one single issues. However, it seems that it might be a cookie/sessions issue to me, but I have no idea what the background of the site looks like to even begin to really theorize.

MegaZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

I think we went a week without one of these threads =P. Although, I must agree, it is very annoying when I write a huge post, only for it to take me to the log in screen and everything is gone >.<

Sefam

12-22-2009

Bump

TheRaven

Recruiter

12-22-2009

yes please

Epistemic

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZero View Post
I think we went a week without one of these threads =P. Although, I must agree, it is very annoying when I write a huge post, only for it to take me to the log in screen and everything is gone >.<
It is because of this that I copy everything I type before I click the "Submit Reply" button. I used to have 56k and wrote a very long post (took me over 10 minutes to write), only to be disconnected when I tried to submit, since then I do the above mentioned; ctrl+a, ctrl+c is your friend.

Fallen 62

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkzee View Post
As a web developer I can assure you that the most simple issues are the most irritating and time consuming to fix, usually because most of the time all the coding is there and a messed up part in a completely different part of the document which is about a different part of the site could have a slight error which could be causing this. However, with PHP and the clutter it brings forth (compared to cleaner development languages such as Ruby or Python) it's a lot harder to fix one single issues. However, it seems that it might be a cookie/sessions issue to me, but I have no idea what the background of the site looks like to even begin to really theorize.
I'll definitely vouch this, especially since I do most of my development (and fix others code) in PHP. If the boards are vBulletin, which I'm assuming they are, most of the remember me stuff should already be coded, they just don't have it on. Or they took it out completely. Either way, it's not hard to add a cookie on a computer to remember info. The harder part is retrieving it when you need to check if they are logged in because you need to do it on every page the forum uses, and that can be quite a few...