Jax and the Sword of the Divine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excorsism

12-21-2009

Herro, frequent Jax player. Onto the topic at hand...

First off, I think this item needs a complete rework and whoever thought of this item should be slapped across the face for even thinking of it but that's for another forum.

Anyway, I've been playing Jax a lot and I think I am quite decent with him. The only problem is when the game drags on and everybody starts getting their strongest upgrades (ie. Infinity Edge). That's cool, I should have some of my stronger items too but the problem starts to arise when you see a couple of them with Sword of the Divine. Granted, it isn't like this in most games but when it is, it really sucks to see Jax go down within seconds because he can't dodge any of the attacks.

Now enough of the anecdote, I want to know how some of the more experienced Jax players go about countering the opposing team with the anti-Jax sword with your own teammates. I just found it frustruating, after playing a game, where Ashe had it and completely inserted something into my rectum. QQ, flame, proceed for my flame shield is up and ready.

Trux 42

12-21-2009

Can't seem to find the cooldown listed anywhere, I think your best bet would be to try and bait it out of them and escape (ghost/flash/cleanse/quicksilver if necessary) then go on the offensive when you know it's not up.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

As far as i can remember teh CD was 40- 45 seconds and it lasted 5 seconds

Excorsism

12-21-2009

Ah, didn't realize it was an active item. Is there some sort of aura or animation that indicates it's been used? It's a toughie..

Eternal Burden

12-22-2009

This sword of the divine is stupid. Jax already had his problems and now that... You dont see an anti-TrOPdemere sword or a Beatyi Stick do you ? Jax is already the under dog compared to the other melee dps (Tryn and Yi). Tryn and Yi got nerfed while Jax was (slightly) buff but he isnt on par still.

I was playing a game the other days as Jax (main) and was the best of my team. My only real opponant was the other team's Yi who was equaly feed so the match was rly between us at that point. I was holding tight, not missing a beat, it was quite fun....until he got that Sword of the lame and from there I didnt kill him a single time (how could I rly ?) No dodge isnt only an added dps since you are not dodging, it is also no Conter Strike wich is your only good move against another dpser.

If they want to keep this item in then I propose that they make anti Tryn (On hit reduce your ennemy crit chance by 10% for 5 sec stack 5 times) and anti Yi(on hit reduce attack speed by 10% for 5 sec stack 5 times) weap also XD

Come on devs, stop beating on poor Jax, hes stuck fighting with a lampost...have pity and give him some change when you pass him by would you !

br0kn

12-22-2009

Anti Yi stick would be Exe's Calling. Yi.... turns out you just have to have a stun on your team with a little teamwork.

Ksielvin

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Burden View Post
If they want to keep this item in then I propose that they make anti Tryn (On hit reduce your ennemy crit chance by 10% for 5 sec stack 5 times) and anti Yi(on hit reduce attack speed by 10% for 5 sec stack 5 times) weap also XD
For attack speed counter items, look at Frozen Heart and Warden's Mail. The armor just might help in these match-ups too.

White Mongoose

12-22-2009

people only buy that item to counter jax, stick a guardian angle on him or get your stun in first and kill them before they can react.

EchoRex

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0kn View Post
Anti Yi stick would be Exe's Calling. Yi.... turns out you just have to have a stun on your team with a little teamwork.
And a Sword of the Divine to beat his Phantom Dancer.

As for how to beat a Sword of the Divine, kite and stun, if you see it in their inventory, wait for them to pop it and then stun them, kite a little ways, then reengage.

Necrax

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
And a Sword of the Divine to beat his Phantom Dancer.

As for how to beat a Sword of the Divine, kite and stun, if you see it in their inventory, wait for them to pop it and then stun them, kite a little ways, then reengage.
it's freaking frustrating to kite an highlanding yi or a perma-****-slow-ashe with divine. exhaust does help, but so does cleanse etc...

a single item that totally shuts down a single hero is bull****. and i cheekily imply that no game designer at riot put a second thought in that item.

i love it on the other hand, i use it as jax, it suits him well for the armor pen and the passive alike.

if i had to vote, i'd remove it though because it's plain stupid. as if some random guy was invited to create a random item with random uberness with no concern for gameplay.