Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's skill shot: Useless against pros, destroys noobs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrentClagg

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Quote:
Yomindi:
In a pro game, the intention of the spear wouldnt quite be to hit the target, but to time it so that:

1) It will guarantee a hit

2) Make them move into a position that would be very dangerous, so a smart player would take the hit.

I have to agree here. I tend to use it to make people make a choice to either get hit or be attacked by a champion. I throw it so that it makes a champion turn left instead of right and such, allowing for better positioning. It also still does okay damage up close and is harder to dodge when coming from the bushes.

Cabbage Foot

08-20-2014

I like to sneak my spears in between mobs onto the enemy marksman just as they are about to take a CS, so at worst if they dodge the lose a CS ;b Also I rarely throw my spears at the enemy but rather where I believe that they will dodge to in order to avoid it. I sometimes have to switch it up against players who have nerves of steel and just dont try to dodge it but that usually means that my ADC can get a hit or 2 on them without them being able to back out ;b Nidalee makes a strong support if you max out Q and force the enemy to low health with it, thus guaranteeing your ADC free CS and high safety. + when Q is combined with hunt + pounce + swipe + takedown it makes for hilarious burst damage if need be ;b Of course it's a calculated move since you are using your escape to engage there and a good player would stay well away from Nidalee's hunt range when they know she can do that to them. Either way free farming for me ADC ;b

Samzies

08-20-2014

Quote:
Cabbage Foot:
I like to sneak my spears in between mobs onto the enemy marksman just as they are about to take a CS, so at worst if they dodge the lose a CS ;b Also I rarely throw my spears at the enemy but rather where I believe that they will dodge to in order to avoid it. I sometimes have to switch it up against players who have nerves of steel and just dont try to dodge it but that usually means that my ADC can get a hit or 2 on them without them being able to back out ;b Nidalee makes a strong support if you max out Q and force the enemy to low health with it, thus guaranteeing your ADC free CS and high safety. + when Q is combined with hunt + pounce + swipe + takedown it makes for hilarious burst damage if need be ;b Of course it's a calculated move since you are using your escape to engage there and a good player would stay well away from Nidalee's hunt range when they know she can do that to them. Either way free farming for me ADC ;b

*swats with frying pan*