Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's skill shot: Useless against pros, destroys noobs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Uprising

Recruiter

12-21-2009

Well I don't mean things things are THAT extreme, but it made for a better title :P

I was seriously thinking of making nidalee my main, but the problem with her skill shot is that unlike all other skill shots, it is by far most effective when you hit someone far away; which is nigh impossible against good players, since its very dodgeable at the distance it does a lot of damage...

I mean I'm thinking the only way to use this is to exploit fow or something, so the opponent has not chance to move out of the way when he sees the spear. So the best way to use this is to stand in the jungle and shoot?

And not-so-good players are rarely able to dodge these, allowing nidalee to knock off sometimes very large chunks of health from them. I think this is bad design, similar to the old ryze, who was very powerful against noobs but relatively useless in higher level play.

What do y'all think, nidalee "main" worthy?

Anise Tatlin

12-21-2009

I would hardly call someone good for generally dodging her skillshot, nor would I main a champion because of one skill.

But this is just my opinion, don't take it personally.

Teldara

12-21-2009

As Nidalee, I normally aim my skill shot so they can't run to the right of them since theres minons there, and no way through. And to the left its wide open for me to auto attack.

Early game, while you still have bushes, its more to harass the other team mate. But, auto attacking harass in the bush is better then the spear. The spear is mainly, for end game, to toss at runners. Or when they are tower hugging and just throw it at them from the forest area.

banduan

12-21-2009

Skillshots like these have the common complaint that "they're too easy to dodge". The solution is to ensure that dodging is not the first thing on the target's mind.

okay cupid

12-21-2009

I've been gone for awhile and I'm loving all this talk about mains. This isn't Street Fighter.

Gandalf 007

12-21-2009

If they made Nidalee's skill (see: luck) shot any slower, creeps would be able to outrun it

Yomindi

Recruiter

12-21-2009

Quote:
The Uprising:
Well I don't mean things things are THAT extreme, but it made for a better title :P

I was seriously thinking of making nidalee my main, but the problem with her skill shot is that unlike all other skill shots, it is by far most effective when you hit someone far away; which is nigh impossible against good players, since its very dodgeable at the distance it does a lot of damage...

I mean I'm thinking the only way to use this is to exploit fow or something, so the opponent has not chance to move out of the way when he sees the spear. So the best way to use this is to stand in the jungle and shoot?

And not-so-good players are rarely able to dodge these, allowing nidalee to knock off sometimes very large chunks of health from them. I think this is bad design, similar to the old ryze, who was very powerful against noobs but relatively useless in higher level play.

What do y'all think, nidalee "main" worthy?

In a pro game, the intention of the spear wouldnt quite be to hit the target, but to time it so that:

1) It will guarantee a hit

2) Make them move into a position that would be very dangerous, so a smart player would take the hit.

There are plenty of places on Summoners Rift that allow for tunnel shots, where they dont have much choice but to take the shot, or move them selves in a dangerous position, put this together with her traps, and putting this trap in said dangerous position makes her quite effective at trapping people. Its not rare this happens, simply because setting this up only take about half a second of thought.

HappyBday

Banned

12-21-2009

lol u want to talk about stomping pubs but getting wrecked 24/7 against pros, play twitch

Dafe

Recruiter

12-22-2009

dont play bloodline champion when its come out... its all about skill shot...

The Uprising

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Quote:
Dafe:
dont play bloodline champion when its come out... its all about skill shot...

Oh I heard they were making a champion that's like a fragile dps w/ skillshots to up the skill req for the game, and I thought nidalee was it. Hmmm you're saying there's a better skillshot champ, awesome