Are tier 1 and 2 runes worth the IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Dan

12-21-2009

As per title. Should I even bother with runes before lvl 20 when I can start to buy tier 3 rather then spend all my IP on tier 1 and 2

JunkRamen

12-21-2009

T3 runes are extremely expensive. Stacked T1 runes provide a significant (but obviously inferior) bonus and are quite affordable. I'm sticking with T1's until I unlock a satisfactory number of champions.

The seasonal T2.5's are very economical, if you're interested in those stats. Not too convinced about the T1.5's though.

christensenwas

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dan View Post
As per title. Should I even bother with runes before lvl 20 when I can start to buy tier 3 rather then spend all my IP on tier 1 and 2

i suggest just getting full tier1 runes untill lvl 20, then going for lv3.

the buff from lv1 -> 2 isnt worth the IP cost seeing as you're just going to be using them for about 50~ GAMES.

However, seeing as you will use the lv3 runes forever, baring any release of lv 4, you can justify spending the IP, dispite how expensive it can be to full page up with lv3.

Nightskyx

12-21-2009

i have up to 10k ip now for my tier 3 runes at level 20. need almost 25k for full build. idk if it is worth it but i will try.

AlphaOfUrOmega

12-21-2009

I'd recommend buying tier 1 runes right now. Sure, it'll cost you 1k IP for a full set of 30, so you'll have to play what, another 12 games to get that back? Consider how many games you are playing in order to save up 25k IP. Plus, hell, maybe those tier 1 runes will win you a game or 2 and earn some of that IP back.

AFKray

12-21-2009

I personally rock tier 2 runes. I'm lazy and frankly was absolutely ******ed and spent my 21k+ IP I had in the beta for my AP + magic pen page, which then became useless when stacking HP was the new rage. Oh, and buying Anivia screwed me as well. Anyway, now i'm stingy and rock tier 2s. It's a great return for the amount of IP they cost compared to t3 runes.

ForestCrunk

12-21-2009

I didn't buy runes until I hit tier 3 because I was busy trying to unlock champs that I liked. Why buy runes when I'm bored of playing the same three champions? Now I have over half a page of t3 that surpass tier 1 and I never wasted the IP... except on my furor runes. WTF?!?!?!

banduan

12-21-2009

If I could do things all over again, I'd do the following:

1) Get every single type of Tier 1 rune useful to you. Don't bother with the non-scaling runes if you have the scaling ones available.

2) Change your rune selection as you experiment on your way to level 20.

3) After 20, stack your runes according to your planned build, still using Tier 1 runes

4) When you're comfortable with those runes, upgrade them to level 3 one by one.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

I was buying champs until i hit level 20 and then i started buying tier 3's they Are expensive, but are also worth the buck.