A Different Take On Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by karode View Post
That pretty much is saying you don't know how to use him.
I've only had it happen to me occasionally, and usually because a creep moved unexpectedly. And the fact that the champs I was facing suddenly decided to reappear and throw a spell at me. But I have yet to die through this method.

VampireFred

12-22-2009

YI is not OP at all
1,if his teammates don't do it well,he needs his teammates absorb a lot of damage and cc before he shows up(otherwises u can easily kill him in 2 sec with a stun)
2, if his enemies has a lot of stuns or even one rammus,YI can do nothing but wasting time there ,or go to attack someone=>be taunted by rammus=> be killed

just being calm and aimed YI as ur first target as soon as he shows ( same as the rat ,isn't he?but u forget that rat is long-ranged,and rat can have much more advantage fighting undertower /near tower)

Stinyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

My biggest complaint with Yi is that he is immune to slows when he pops his ulti. Now, you're probably saying, "L2P noob." But it's not the slowing that i'm concerned with, it's the fact that he's immune to ANY spell with a slow. That includes, but is not limited to, exhaust, ice blast.... I don't mind him being immune to slows, but he should not be immune to every spell that has a slow built into it. It's almost a glitch, dunno why they haven't fixed that yet.

Stinyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireFred View Post
YI is not OP at all
1,if his teammates don't do it well,he needs his teammates absorb a lot of damage and cc before he shows up(otherwises u can easily kill him in 2 sec with a stun)
2, if his enemies has a lot of stuns or even one rammus,YI can do nothing but wasting time there ,or go to attack someone=>be taunted by rammus=> be killed

just being calm and aimed YI as ur first target as soon as he shows ( same as the rat ,isn't he?but u forget that rat is long-ranged,and rat can have much more advantage fighting undertower /near tower)
You've clearly never been a part of a team fight. It's not as if all the champions line up across from each other and you pick who you'd like to attack. It goes down like this; my team is walking through the jungle, we stumble across Annie, we start to kill her, in walks the other four enemies, we kill Annie, and then we turn to Yi, but wait, he alpha strikes; can't target him anymore, you can't waste valuable seconds by not attacking anyone, so you go after Morgana, she gets low, it would be a waste to switch back to Yi now; he rapes your entire team.

The fact of the matter is that everyone in the LoL community needs to know that when people are calling a champ OP it's not because they've never countered them, or they can't beat them, it's them saying, "this champ is more valuable to a team than other champions." Riot is supposed to balance champs. If people are saying a champ is OP, it's because they are, accept it and move on.

Paero

12-22-2009

TL;DR spose the different take is him getting pwnd as yi, having no idea how to play him, and then QQing because he ended up feeding, AMIRITE?!?!?

Dracorya

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paero View Post
TL;DR spose the different take is him getting pwnd as yi, having no idea how to play him, and then QQing because he ended up feeding, AMIRITE?!?!?
Yes because I was clearly feeding the other team when I had only one death and the rest of my team had double digit deaths.

And people are missing the point of my post: I AM NOT COMPLAINING THAT YI IS OP OR THAT HE IS UNSTOPPABLE! I am merely stating that people need to get out of their heads that just because a large majority believe that Yi is op (which I ADMITTED is true in SOME regards), players should not expect the Yi on their team to pull a victory out of his ass because they can't get their act together and expect HIM to carry THEM.

I state this because almost everytime I have lost a game while playing Yi, my so called "teammates" believed it was my fault when it wasn't, it was theirs.