A Different Take On Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

12-21-2009

I know there have been many threads made about how OP or ROFLPWN Master Yi is. But this thread is for the sole purpose to disperse a few myths that seemed to have been formed about our mighty Wuju bladesman. I am aware some people may flame me for this, but this is a trend I have noticed sometimes when I play as Master Yi.

1) Yes, I know Yi pumps out OH **** dps, but guess what? That does not mean you're sticking me in a lane all by my lonesome self against TWO long ranged champions, Master Yi is NOT a prime candidate for soloing a lane, he's the epitome of a carry, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO YOU?! That reduces my ability to farm up gold/kills/etc. thus reducing my ability to be made of own. (Just had that happen where my team decided to make me solo bottom against an Anivia and Fiddlesticks...I was starved of gold for quite awhile and my team never gave me any support.) I am aware some will argue "Well Ashe is a carry and she solos great!" There's a huge difference between Ashe and Yi, and its called a bow.

2) YES! I know Master Yi is supposed to rush. BUT THAT IS RATHER HARD WHEN I AM GOLD STARVED AND YOU'VE BEEN FEEDING THEIR *insert champion*! (Again, my team was feeding their mundo and chogath although the latter to a lesser extent, pretty **** hard so while they and myself were at the same level, he had **** load more health and items then I did...it didn't help when his teammates would help him go after me too. This was in the same game as in example 1.)

3) Yes I see the tower right there being attacked. You know what else I see? Three full health champions (in this incident, 2 of them were tanks) who have been well fed by my team. Just because I am the great Master Yi, that does not mean I am going to charge in there willy nilly with NO backup and take out those three by myself. ESPECIALLY when one of those enemy champs is Amumu. with thornmail. Not going to happen. You can scream at me all you want and call me names/insult me, but I'm running the other direction. (This actually took place awhile back but it still irks me).

My last gripe is not at Master Yi but towards game play in general. When are losing say...2 enemy kills to 37, surrendering is the best option. Why? Because I have better things to do then watch as I keep hearing "AN ALLY HAS BEEN SLAIN!" repeated over and over again on my speakers just because you are too stubborn to surrender. I had to ditch my laptop during a game because I had something on the stove to take care of and asked my brother to take charge for me (he's an avid LoL player and I dare say much better then I am).

He was, to say the least, appalled at the score. He could not help himself but type in the infamous "NOOBS!" in chat. My team did not take it well and proceeded to call him an elitest ******* and claimed it was actually all my fault because I didn't rush as much as they liked as Master Yi.

/takes a deep breath

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest. While I will agree that Master Yi is OP in some regards (mostly concerning the mechanics of his highlander), I do not like how just because of that people expect me to do the impossible. Thank you for bearing with me.

Kajax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

When I saw the wall of text list I thought it was going to be productive suggestions but it was just QQ.

AlphaOfUrOmega

12-21-2009

Yes, Master Yi gets countered when you are playing against strong champions and not the usual pub lineup of evelyn/udyr/twitch. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way.

GodwinGrech

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOfUrOmega View Post
Yes, Master Yi gets countered when you are playing against strong champions and not the usual pub lineup of evelyn/udyr/twitch. Sorry you had to learn that the hard way.
eve is good when vsing yi, she can scout around and stun/burst him

Dracorya

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaOfUrOmega View Post
I already knew that. That's why I acknowledge WHY I got stomped these games. The clueless ones were my teammates who apparently thought since I was Master Yi I was supposed to be invincible and carry them through their awfulness. I didn't say anything to my defense because they'd just insult me and call me bad.

@Herbalist
You're reading my post wrong. Yes it can be read as QQ, but if you want to read it like that: its QQ at the QQers who decided to blame me and not themselves for making us lose so badly because they were bad.

I'm all for having Yi nerfed slightly, if only to get people to wash out of their brains the notion that a Yi is supposed to guarantee them a victory when they do nothing to support him.

NinjaBoyLao

12-21-2009

I loathed Yi few days ago when I'm playing Singed and Nasus, Now I went back to Sivir(my main during the beta days) and do my best to lane against him together with a good early game harasser. Never lost to a Yi since then.

Revenge is best served with Spiral Blade and few AP Runes.

Milo4k

12-21-2009

Gold starved? Ever try using your Q button? Alpha Strike?

Dracorya

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo4k View Post
Gold starved? Ever try using your Q button? Alpha Strike?
You can only spam that so many times at the early levels you know. And its not fun when the Alpha Strike decides to deposit you within range of a big painful spell to the face.

Grotsnik

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
And its not fun when the Alpha Strike decides to deposit you within range of a big painful spell to the face.
You have complete control over your Alpha Strike. L2P.

karode

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
And its not fun when the Alpha Strike decides to deposit you within range of a big painful spell to the face.
That pretty much is saying you don't know how to use him.