Champion Select..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolvation

09-26-2013

Hi, I'm just gonna get straight to the point. Does anybody else feel like League has become a champion picking game? What I mean, is that, in champion select, about 90% of the time I'll have an Ahri/Fizz/Zed on either my team or their team. Now there are champions that I'm leaving out but, it seems to me that League is more of a game that whoever gets the champion first, has a higher chance at winning the match.. Opinions?

Tserris

09-26-2013

I think it's impossible to balance a product that is designed to never be complete.

I think a number of champions will always be in a better place than others, the names change from season to season, but they're always there.

The game always gets a little stagnant around the time world's is going on because Riot can't patch anything major in the middle of a major tournament.

Evolvation

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tserris View Post
I think it's impossible to balance a product that is designed to never be complete.

I think a number of champions will always be in a better place than others, the names change from season to season, but they're always there.

The game always gets a little stagnant around the time world's is going on because Riot can't patch anything major in the middle of a major tournament.
You make a great point and I was expecting a reply similar to that, but I feel there are too many picks that are just too over played and need a little tweaks..

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-26-2013

Its not that the number of picks is narrow, its just that people who do nothing but "play" and never experiment and do nothing to change anything have no say nor right to complain about what happens too much and what's too effective no matter what rank you are.

So what about you. Do you experiment? Do you try anything new with your favorite champs? Or do you just do the same things all the time without REALLY understanding why. Ahri actually isn't overpowered at all. She's not in a place so great that no champ can compete with her. She is simply better than any other champ regardless of her winrate by nature, theres nothing that can be done about it but luckily it doesn't effect gameplay so its fine. If you want other champs to be played more then play them. Make a team and play them. Stop getting matched with randoms and make some friends

OGBalrog

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Ahri actually isn't overpowered at all. She's not in a place so great that no champ can compete with her. She is simply better than any other champ regardless of her winrate by nature, theres nothing that can be done about it but luckily it doesn't effect gameplay so its fine.
Overpowered doesn't mean what you think it means. Hint: it is not the same as 'broken'.

A champ who couldn't be defeated would be broken. A champ who has even a slight advantage over the rest of the field, is OP, by definition of the word.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvation View Post
Hi, I'm just gonna get straight to the point. Does anybody else feel like League has become a champion picking game? What I mean, is that, in champion select, about 90% of the time I'll have an Ahri/Fizz/Zed on either my team or their team. Now there are champions that I'm leaving out but, it seems to me that League is more of a game that whoever gets the champion first, has a higher chance at winning the match.. Opinions?
You need to figure out what champions handle them the best. You don't beat the meta by conforming.

Darius' release when he was there every other game? That was the best string of Vladimir games in my life.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGBalrog View Post
Overpowered doesn't mean what you think it means. Hint: it is not the same as 'broken'.

A champ who couldn't be defeated would be broken. A champ who has even a slight advantage over the rest of the field, is OP, by definition of the word.
OP is subjective, highly so in a game such as this. Champion balance does matter but the degree to which it does is negligible in comparison to team comp strategy, though some unique champs do tend to fit into specific comps abit too well.

As for ahri, she isn't OP, she is simply better.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
You need to figure out what champions handle them the best. You don't beat the meta by conforming.

Darius' release when he was there every other game? That was the best string of Vladimir games in my life.
... you worded this very badly. You are basically agreeing with the OP though you may just like playing vladmir alot

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
... you worded this very badly. You are basically agreeing with the OP though you may just like playing vladmir alot
It may be the fact that it's midnight, but I'm not seeing how my point came across incorrectly. They were complaining that it has become a game of "first to pick champ X wins" and I was saying "people have always believed that; learn counter-picking"

If everyone picks rock, pick paper.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
It may be the fact that it's midnight, but I'm not seeing how my point came across incorrectly. They were complaining that it has become a game of "first to pick champ X wins" and I was saying "people have always believed that; learn counter-picking"

If everyone picks rock, pick paper.
:/ if they pick rock I pick ahri
if they pick paper or scissors I pick ahri harder