I am a feeder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

12-22-2009

I was lucky that I had my brother help me out by telling me how certain things worked...and suffered through our first game together where I had little to no clue what I was doing.

But there's a lot of advice in this thread and I think by following some of it, you will get better. Just remember, its a game and shouldn't be taken so seriously. (Aka: Ignore the elitest jerks you're bound to run into at some point who forget what the true purpose of a game is).

D2Freak

12-22-2009

Yes, LoL has quite a steep learning curve. I played DoTa sometimes, i liked the general idea but it was way to hard to get into.
Lol is a bit easier to get into. My first games went well. I picked random heroes and got decent results. After playing for sme time i found 2 heroes that i liked and i concentrated on these 2 heroes. But all of a sudden your ELO rises. And before u know it u are a newb with 20 games getting in a much higher ELO game. Ur ass gets raped so hard, u cant sit for a week.
I tried to play a new game, same story. I did what i thought was best, but it wasn't. Now i am a bit more experienced, i understand the game a bit better. There are some important rules 2 not be a feeder.

Number 1 is very very obvious: Dont die! Sounds easy? Well, it isnt. It takes practice to not die. One game a couple of days ago, i played as twitch with taric against Sion and Yi. Normally i dont die alot, but these guys bend me over and gave it hard 2 me. Sion threw his stun, i blinked, and the screen turned grey. This happened 2 times 2 my lanepartner and me. Then we decided 2 hug our tower. We get less money, but we didn't die much more after that. Sometimes u just encounter players that are better then u. It happens, and instead of trying to get 1 kill vs 10 kills on their side, its better 2 play very defensive or request a lane change. This is way better then providing the enemy team with a steady gold income from ur body. That is when ur team hates you. If u tried and died, then play defensive, no ****.
Also very important is check ur map, and check ur message screen. When u see 3 enemies and it looks like they are moving top (which happens 2 be ur lane) run back. U are not a *****, u are just a carefull player.
When someone shouts top care, top incoming, top watch it, top top top, followed by some pings, get out! (Yes yes, same goes for mid/bot).
Mid/late game, unless u are absolutely sure what u are doing, DON't go out by yourself. Go with your team or u will die.
Listnen to tips from better players. Ignore n00b calls and especially ignore the "my team is so bad" players. I really hate the "God i am so good but im in the wrong team" players. Remember it's a team game. If it's good advice, take it.
Mid/late game, when ur health is under 50%, go heal! If u get ganked, u still need to go 2 ur base, but now u have to wait an extra minute.

Just play carefull and u will be allright.

christensenwas

12-22-2009

i think playing practice games is the worst way to get good at the game. Play the real games that people take more seriously. If you get dominated by someone, look at thier playstyle and try to mimic it. Sure, by doing this you will never become better than them, but its a good start to understanding how to be good and then developing your own playstyle that works.

Sitting around in practice games/bot games will just make you worse.

Ce05

12-22-2009

when i started in beta i had no expirience in such games i tried with kathrina first and died like 25 times in the first battle, i thought ahh well didnt went well but lets try another in the second game there was a heimer and a blitz no need to mention it was even more of a feast for them lol.
but that was the reason i changed to heimer since once his turrets are up he cant really die that fast anymore especialy when he had mid and hes doing good in low tier games since most teams at some point try to gank you and wipe because of the higher level and the better items you have.

while playing him i was able to observe the other players alot and learned from them also mapawarness got better since being mid all the time you realy need to look on the map.

as for giving tipps that can be more general most of them were already mentioned:
try another hero
if you die in your lane 2/0 in total you really should start playing defensiv with a killcount of 3/0 there is a big problem going on and you should hug the tower,switch lanes and/or call for a gank.
some time ago i saw a good tutorial about zoning made by Randuin on solomid.net ill give the link here if this isnt allowed an admin or mod should remove the link
http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....ning-tutorial/
stacking up some health and or healpoitions might also help
stay away from blitz he is like really bad for you at the early game^^

and sadly there are some games even i feed in the last 60 games i had 2 games in which i feed 2 times early game so noone is perfect. shame on me

Phixation

12-22-2009

Gotta learn sometime everyone is a newbie once. You just gotta step back after the game and figure out what went wrong with you and fix it. (I just spent a whole night trying to learn Udyr, you should have seen my abysmal results and I have over 300 games played lol).

If you can't handle a lane against sion/mundo ask for a lane swap (Or any other character for that matter). If your team won't swap with you or atleast come up and gank/push them when you ask for help that's a team failure not a personal one.

Also, I see lots of people attack/damage mobs during the early game. That always puts you in harms way. Learn to just sit back and run in for last hits, and if you are ranged do the same but also punish their melee for coming in for last hits. Once you get last hitting/survival down you can start incorperating harrassing and setting up ganks...but just focus on last hits/survival. If they tower dive you, start attacking the one that you know is going to hit you first since he will get tower aggro and take his ass down with you.

I would definately suggest a ranged character with some CC or an escape mechanism to just stick with and improve with, and then move into melee when you start to get better.

Vorador

The Council

12-22-2009

play someone with aoe.. play careful, sit back, and farm creeps with aoe.. watch the minimap.. when there are ppl missing play even further back. just keep playing until you get good, it will come

Amster

12-22-2009

Ty again for the helpful hints and whatnot.

Its really just not looking like its getting any better. Its like im driving a milk truck at the indie 500.

My personal scores are generally bad regardless of wins or losses yet I still have > 50% elo because of exceptional players on my team. I do see how I would ever find myself at a more appropriate range. Its like being caught in a riptide.

Going to take a pass on this game for the time being.

best wishes and happy holidays!

Tikor

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by christensenwas View Post
i think playing practice games is the worst way to get good at the game. Play the real games that people take more seriously.
This is true GIVEN you already know all the champions, their abilities, common builds, ect. If you don't know this stuff, practice games are a good place for that knowledge. Learn the game.

After that information is learned, go play real games and reflect on why you lost after each loss, reflect on why you won after each win. Find the patterns in games, and learn to expect things before they appear. Learn the metagame.

After you know the champion/item info and have a handle on the metagame, what's left is mindgames. Know your opponents, be in their heads. Really, reading a good annotated version of the Art of War by Sun Tzu is the best way to approach this.

Once you've mastered the game, the metagame and the mindgame, you just need to clear your schedule and jockey for position in the top 500 ELO. Few ever reach this plateau. I certainly haven't.

KhaoticImp

12-22-2009

add me to a list and I will do some pre mades with you.
One thing that really helps is not just learning your champion but all your opponents champions. I can honestly say a large reason I die is from ignorance. i.e. not knowing champion X has a slow, stun, knock back etc. If you know who can do what it can really improve your game. I play Cho'Gath and I cant tell you how many careless champions I have feasted because they didn't know just how much life feast takes.(800minimum at lvl 18)

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
My personal scores are generally bad regardless of wins or losses yet I still have > 50% elo because of exceptional players on my team. I do see how I would ever find myself at a more appropriate range. Its like being caught in a riptide. !
Again, I'm happy to scrim with you.

That translates to: Practice game, me vs. you, where we're in vent and discussing what I do to you and how to avoid it.