I am a feeder

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2009

We all have our ups and downs when playing LoL (especially as our W/L ratios change the MM fluxes so much)

Just stick with it, and have fun playing the game.

Ideas:

Talk to people! The community here is much better than a lot I've seen, talk in all-talk, make some friends (even if they're on the opposing team for the match).

Find a group of mates to play with, people you might just meet up in the chat channel, or people you meet through a game. Playing with the same people that you know you can count on or are just fun in general to play with are some of the most rewarding aspects of playing an ONLINE MULTIPLAYER game.

If you find yourself doing horribly, ask people in the match what you need to improve/change, be it items, or just playstyle in general (pushing too far, wrong item setup, wrong skill setup, etc.). You could even ask your opponents, they could tell you what's wrong with you especially since if you're feeding as you say, they're the ones killing you.

Eggs

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amster View Post
This is my first game of this genre and I really feel behind the curve. I started playing a few weeks ago and everything was all good. I lost more than i won initially, learned alot and got a bit better. I had > 50% ratio for what its worth and often found a list of nothing but wins on my profile.

This last week has been horrible. I am not just losing alot I am getting personally decimated. I am often going 0/9/5 etc. Some games I have zero farm laning against scions and mundos who are kicking me around like a dopeless hopefiend under my tower at lvl 3. So many games my coffers are solely filled by my team getting tower kills and g over time.

I voraciously read the char guides and the forums in general. I watch videos of others playing.

I like this game but i am obviously a huge burden on the rest of my team ( and people are rarely shy about letting me know). I am not infallible and make plenty of mistakes but largely I just feel outclassed. The wins I do get are almost entirely on the shoulders of better players than I.

I am a feeder and let me tell you, it sucks.

To those I have played with and ruined your game I am sorry.

Is there a minor league of legends?
I have no problem with feeders that try. I have more an issue with people that don't work together and communicate as a team. I have some recommendations...

If you find yourself backed up at the tower often, get smite. You at least will be able to get one insta-kill on a minion every 2 waves or so...

Don't leave your lane when there is just one of you...you'd be surprised how much exp is wasted by players who leave the lane while no one else is there. Don't do this.

Play scared. Expect to be ganked. Hang out near the tower. Call your teammates to you. Eventually you will learn the right moments to be fearful and more accurately determine the moments you can push and ones you should retreat. If you don't see any enemies on the map and haven't...be fearful they are setting up a gank or are baroning.

Always stick to a pal. Hey, if you die, at least it was with a teammate.

Mimic the good players.

It takes a while to learn for a game of this genre. A lot of it is instinct and timing. The more you play, the better you will get. Play passively now, and eventually you will get it. If you need help, feel free to add me and we can can do some games together.

Onlyashadow

12-21-2009

Feeders gonna feed

Nerghal

12-21-2009

Just play conservatively. If you don't get kills, no big deal. The main problem I have with feeders is that they make the guy in their lane incredibly strong, then he comes to my lane and it's now my problem.

banduan

12-21-2009

1. Play a champion you like the feel of, and can time skills correctly. Test this on bots.
2. When you try the same move twice and it doesn't work out, try something else.
3. Play defensively after it becomes obvious you're being outclassed. Explain to your teammates you're being a bit more cautious to avoid feeding. Stack some HP, armor or MR.
4. Learn your get-out-of-jail moves. Some players prefer flash, some prefer ghost, some play champs with natural abilities that help you do this. If you had aggressive summoner spells before, use the more defensive ones next time.

elkna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

Outplay your enemy. The most important thing you can do in your lane is try and get into your enemy's head. Throw them off, make them aggressive. When they get aggressive they're more likely to make mistakes. When they do, harass them. Make them afraid of YOU. There's a fine line between being an aggressive player and a reckless player. Play aggressively when you can and defensively when you must.

Be decisive. Oftentimes I see players start attacking the enemy champions, but they flake out at the very end and start running from fights they could have won. Naturally different situations require different reactions, but in general, if you set out to do something, do it. If you and your teammate are harassing enough to get a kill, and an opportunity arises where you KNOW you will get that kill, you need to act on it. Don't half-ass it either. Don't think "Well, I don't need to exhaust him, I'll be able to get the kill without it." No. You do everything you can to try and get that kill, because your opponent will do everything they can to make sure you don't get it.

Don't be careless. If you put out everything you had to win a fight, and you know, for certain, that you will not get a kill, then it's best to back off. "Back off?" you ask, "But you just said to do everything you can to get that kill!" Yes, but there is a point where you need to think about the situation and turn it in your favor, whether that be getting a kill, or preventing your enemy from getting one. The tables will turn very quickly in a lane fight, and you need to be able to react quickly and effectively. Don't go in over your head, don't towerdive if you're not sure of the outcome, and if there is a fight that you can not win, it's your job to at least make it a fight you won't lose.

In a nutshell, you need to be flexible, and you need to control your opponent. You win by outsmarting your opponent. Some heroes do that better than others, but in general, almost any one you play will have some way to make your opponent change the way they play. Be controlling, be decisive, and be smart.

Brokroma

12-22-2009

Play Anivia, she's super easy.

Paero

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokroma View Post
Play Anivia, she's super easy.

-insert your mumma joke here-

El Dude

12-22-2009

This is the only time Ive been grateful that I played dota for 5 years...

Imagine if you LOST gold every time you died. Believe me, it teaches you to be ULTRA cautious AT ALL TIMES.
A hero missing on the minimap? Run
Less than half health? Run
Five Heroes coming straight for you? Run

Try and keep a buffer of range between you and the enemy hero if you dont want to be hit with his abilities. MAintain the buffer at all times. It involves a lot of clicking. Play against a good ashe sometime and watch how they kite you around. This is what you need to learn to do. Evade and Escape.

If there are two heroes missing (mia) on the map and you start thinking, "Hey I'll just farm this lane for a bit while its quiet...durp durp" You're dead. Next time go back. Yes you miss out on gold and xp, but you are alive and you're not ****ing feeding.

If you have low health, like <200 early game and no means to heal, you cannot stand next to the tower and expect to be safe. You will die. And you will be like "wtf! buff towers!" but no, you should have gone back to heal. Yes, you lose out on xp and gold....but once again, youre not ****ing feeding.

These are good rules if you are having trouble, and as you get better and more confident you will learn when to break them.

br0kn

12-22-2009

Honestly, I have a friend who has just started who has asked me "why do I suck?" I really didn't have a concrete answer for him. I'm honestly trying to figure out a "lesson plan" for new people. I just suck at teaching.

I take for granted things that I already know, and don't know where or how to start.

Also, if this was a troll: here's a cookie.