Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master Yi-like Charecters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

preparetobeowned

12-12-2010

I really like Master Yi but I'm looking for some diversity. I don't like supports at all and I really don't know how to tank. Playing a DPS charecter isn't hard and you have the fun of ganking. I prefer melee dps charecters but my minds open. Btw, I'm not that skilled and probably what most people would call a "noob". Oh I lane mostly not jungle. Any help is good.
Thanks

Eppa

12-12-2010

Xin Zhao or Garen maybe?

Craixis

12-12-2010

Not many characters handle like Master Yi... Olaf is a strong choice and easy to learn (he's decent in lane to boot, though many jungle), but he's build a but sturdier then Yi...
Tryn is all about crit (IE is a must on him), and can do the same thing, but has a harder early game (though he can end up almost unstopable in the right hands).

Gangplank is a nono, he's a physical carry, but he's no Yi (Gang relies more on Parrrley for damage then auto attack, but he can clean up a team just as nice due to his high base MS). Gang also supports a bit more then Yi does via his ultimate, which takes much more practice then highlander to use effectively (very easy to #$%$ up a pirate ult). Don't get me wrong, Pirate is strong, but probably not what you're looking for.

Not many characters have the "OMG its YI" factor when he pops highlander, as I said the closest is Olaf, and he's built more tankier rather then a crit monster.

hydrogencar

12-12-2010

Olaf may be easy to learn but hard to master. Like Ashe pretty much. Gankplank is underrated, if you actually let him solo he will deny the enemies so much exp its ridiculous. While being the best farmer ever, mana regen runes + a simple chalice let him last hit with Parley forever, and he's gonna reach Infinity Edge + Phantom Dancer + CritCloak + BF Sword before other carries reached her 3x Dorans, Boots and Infinity/Last Whisper. His ult gives him assists everywhere without him leaving the lane, and he IS useful in teamfights since a good GP wont ever die, if you actually manage to get focused, enjoy your free cleanse + 400 Heal, then jump back in with epic movement speed, throw some auto attacks here and there, some parleys and your ult.

brandonschwieger

12-12-2010

anyone know why i cant make a thread? it saays access denied. i tried clearing my cookies 3 times, hasn't worked...

Craixis

12-12-2010

As I was saying, Hydro, Pirate isn't a bad hero, but he doesn't play like Yi in the sense that he gets into melee and wreaks face. He isn't meant to be in everyone's face, but instead pop em with Parrrley and crits (he's mostly hit and run, while Yi and Olaf are a straight fight to the finish).

As I said, Pirate is a strong hero, but he's probably not what the OP wants in terms of physical dps. I mean, I wouldn't be maining Pirate if I thought he wasn't a solid champ.

Alyzar

12-12-2010

Quote:
Craixis:
I wouldn't be maining Pirate if I thought he wasn't a solid champ.

Respect.

TheWaveWizard

12-12-2010

Akali. Massive assassin burst. Awesome chaser. She has very little escape opportunity, though.

Alyzar

12-12-2010

Quote:
GogglesVK:
Akali. Massive assassin burst. Awesome chaser. She has very little escape opportunity, though.

This isn't a bad idea.

Akali is actually very much like Yi.

liquidstardust

12-12-2010

hmm there few people like yi i think
tyrandmere, really abusive with crits% and crit damage runes
xin zhao is alot like yi too just a lot better defenses