Why do I feel like there's a message hidden somewhere in that note?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paintyourwindows

09-23-2013

Has anyone tried offsetting the capital letters a different offset from the lower case letters, for example like moving all the capital letters 2 places and the lower case 5 places?

BruisingPrune

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon kicks his feet up on his desk, puts on a smoking jacket conveniently located in his closet, pulls out a snifter of brandy and lights a fine Cuban cigar.

Interesting....very....interesting.
Riot confirmed for most relaxed workplace NA

vortical42

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbral Knight View Post
Ok so I am not a cryptologist but the pattern in the words follow a Upper Lower Upper Lower so steadily that its hard to ignore when the pattern is messed up. What I did was take the letters that are messed up out until I got to the next in the sequence. For example.

" RuNnInG aLL oVeR ToWn "

Start with R Upper the first letter that is out of Sequence is L. Since the next letter follows the sequence we continue to the next break in the pattern. Following this gives a small group of letters.

s TUPID R L T L L IC a AC i M W TW a Y ID G I T l D O B b E DIE ME

Yeah I am kinda of unsure what to make of it from here. But my amateur thing is it kind of reads like
Stop I ? little I see a ? I am waiting way? I will tell obey or die ME! I have no clue what I am doing honestly. Maybe someone else will find it useful.
I tried the same thing, but assuming that the 'V' in 'Vi' was correct and the 'i' should have been upper. Ignoring the words that were all caps I end up with: i L L L L I a A i T a T I G e T T o B e i B e

Probably doesn't mean anything, but the grouping really jumps out. Take another look
I L L L L I
A A
I T A T I
G E T
T O
B E
I
B E

Snark Maul

09-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarys Umbra View Post
Very true, but then we could get into semantics of hair vs fur ;p
Compositionally, hair and fur are the same thing. We just use the word fur on non-human mammals (e.g. Twitch).

Naziru

09-23-2013

If you take the words "fail train", rearrange the letters add some and take some out, it spells "Ceaser cypher"

In cryptography, a Caesar cipher, also known as Caesar's cipher, the shift cipher, Caesar's code or Caesar shift, is one of the simplest and most widely known encryption techniques. It is a type of substitution cipher in which each letter in the plaintext is replaced by a letter some fixed number of positions down the alphabet. For example, with a left shift of 3, D would be replaced by A, E would become B, and so on. The method is named after Julius Caesar, who used it in his private correspondence

Find the shift and you crack the code, I leave the rest up to you.