I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoSim

09-20-2013

#116 looks like Jack

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Jac...racter_Box.png

But has a crazy, funny demeanor like Nora:

http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Nora_Valkyrie

If I'm right... can I haz champ?

oldRakdos

09-20-2013

that Nora

Zerglinator

09-20-2013

What did they do to Vi's profile page? http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.c.../champions/vi/

Jenos Idallian

09-20-2013

Alright, Ransom, I'm going to take a stab at this.

The songs being referenced signify a few things to me.

1. Loves Fire
2. Talks about growing up (likely adolescent)
3. Walks her own path (Also, Chaotic Neutral Reference)
4. Extremely competitive

Let's look at some other details:

-----------------------------------------------------
Ransom: But there is no betrayal in this romance! I never understood this objection of yours.

Runaan: Sure, there's no betrayal, but that's just a catalyst/detail - the FEELINGS are the SAME, man.

Let's fight about it.

Then much later:

Scarizard: Look Runaan, some people are going to ship pairings you don't agree with and you have to be okay with that.

You're not the Love Police. I'm just letting you know.

This was said in such a bizzare way that it appears to be a hint, even if it wasn't said directly. This is a hint at the relationship between 116 and her `rival`, which was later mentioned. It also fits with 116's competitive nature.

Either that or this is an inside joke at the Riot Dungeon where they keep the writers locked up.

IDK

Moar Quotes:

Ransom: Most people would say that she doesn't seem to have any goals. But she does. They're just not like anyone else's.
Ransom: That is a very good question. Indeed. Poor Riven... I see some drama in her future... and she doesn't even suspect... (likely unrelated, but still interesting)
Ransom: Her sense of humor is unlike anyone else's in the game. Trust me.
Ransom: There is only one other champion in the game who has the same hair color as her. And no - it's not Vi. Or Caitlyn, for that matter. (This is one of the most telling quotes so far, explanation below)
Ransom: I generally love writing smart-asses. Draw your own conclusions.
Ransom: Absolutely. In fact, #116's jokes are loosely based on the preoccupations of ladies who crush on me/I crush on.
Ransom: Buckle up. (In reference to when 116's teaser would be released... "Before" or "After" worlds.
Ransom: She's a very spoiled girl. We think you guys are gonna fall in love with her. And yes, she most definitely has a rivalry with one of the most popular champions in the game.
Ransom: #116 is associated with a faction.

Ransom also answered some personality based "what if" questions here:

How would 116 respond to:

Q. the burning of her local library
A. She'd run - and not walk - there to burn the fire WITH A BIGGER FIRE.

Q. her neighbor hosting a very loud party at 2 am
A. She'd throw an even louder party at 2:05 AM.

Q. basket containing 2 kittens left on her doorstep
A. I know for a fact that she loves kittens, and this love of kittens is evident in-game!

Q. another woman trying to make a move on her crush
A. Well, she behaves like she couldn't care less about crushes, so it's hard to say. The closest thing she has to a crush right now is her admiration for Ziggs: "I like your style, bomb-rat!" is something she might say.

Here's my hypothesis based on what we've seen so far:

Name: C (Left more as a calling card for Caitlyn than the characters name)
Rival: Caitlyn
Relationship: Unknown

From Cait's Lore Page: Born the daughter of a wealthy statesman and a pioneering hextech researcher
From Cait's Lore Page: Caitlyn still searches for this Cat Burglar

From the hints provided about the cats, it's pretty safe to deduce that 116 is, in fact, C. The next parts get fun though. I also think that C is actually Caitlyns sister. And that the calling cards left behind at crime scenes were labled "C" for Caitlyn, not as a personal identifier.

116 is extremely competitive, and Caitlyn rose extremely fast gaining fame and popularity. This would have driven her younger sister to do things better. She's the polar opposite of her sister. Ransom pointed out that there's only one other character that has her hair color, and it's definately NOT caitlyn. Cait is a freaking brunette, which is the most common hair color in existance. Why say this? Because she wants everyone to know she's not her sister.

She also has a Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde thing going on. I don't think the younger sister actually KNOWS she's the "c" villain. I think 116 is a teenage girl struggling with growing up under a family of extremely prestegious/successful people. Outwardly she's a rebellious teenager that is blowing things up, setting fires, and throwing parties because it makes her older sister mad. Inwardly, she's the best criminal Runeterra has ever seen.

The Rioter's banter back and forth, namely Scarizards "You're not the Love Police", hint even more at a rebellious adolescent that refuses to conform to her sisters yoke.

That's all for now.

PteraBite

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
#116 looks like Jack

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Jac...racter_Box.png

But has a crazy, funny demeanor like Nora:

http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Nora_Valkyrie

If I'm right... can I haz champ?
oh yes plz. Nora is my favorite from RWBY lol.

oldRakdos

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
What did they do to Vi's profile page? http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.c.../champions/vi/
the new champ have something against Vi, maybe a rival

MAKE A IN-GAME EVENT FOR THIS

Limakoko808

09-20-2013

Am i the only one who counts Rumble as having blue hair as well as Sona? I am all for her having blue hair, lets be honest that's awesome, but he specifically said only 1 other champion has her hair color. So I don't see her hair color being blue because of Rumble. Damn yordle.

Limakoko808

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldRakdos View Post
the new champ have something against Vi, maybe a rival

MAKE A IN-GAME EVENT FOR THIS
i agree. this is cool thanks for sharing it. from this it really seems to me that this girl is in fact Vi's little sister who is a bit crazy lol. and awesome for that matter. And it was signed "X WUZ HERE"

Uncle Destiny

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limakoko808 View Post
Am i the only one who counts Rumble as having blue hair as well as Sona? I am all for her having blue hair, lets be honest that's awesome, but he specifically said only 1 other champion has her hair color. So I don't see her hair color being blue because of Rumble. Damn yordle.
I was conflicted about this. I thought the girl would have green hair because Rumble and Sona are blue. But maybe fur =/= hair?

Uncle Destiny

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Omg thanks for the post! I would have never found that! XD