I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuincyMcCoy View Post
Okay, i guess its my turn to submit a question.

I'm assuming that it is safe to agree that #116 appears in the pool party poster, since her tattoo's are well described by the songs you linked.

So if said individual likes explosions, is it possible that her ultimate is similar to the early concept for a "homing missile" ultimate on Lucian that was apparently put on hold due to feeling more like an AP Mage ability than an ultimate for an ADC?

(This also matches up with SpectreDC's account of destruction happiness)

And as a follow up question, I'm actually really happy she hasn't been leaked like Lucian was. It's a lot more interesting when the initial art and concept is not available to a simple google search.

As an unrelated question, do you know if the 1v1 Magma Chamber map will ever be put on as a Custom map or possible queue? Because that could be an excellent opportunity to build some lore around certain champions who prefer fire. You could even tie in Zyra's Wildfire skin because the plans look pretty volcanic to me. Just an idea!
I was under the impression Magma Chamber 1v1 / 2v2 map was going to be a S4 thing, kind of like the TT rework for S3.

IMP HighStarzz

09-20-2013

You can notice that the next champion is hidden in the pool party graves splash art. We see that she has green hair and shes in diagonal of renecton
http://gyazo.com/64607a073365f98fe68214d7a0ddff58

Marisa

09-20-2013

Will Lore updates become less attached to patch updates? I understand that certain aspects of addition such as new champions or champion interactions are intimately associated with the patching process, but are there plans for storylines or plots that are not dependent on the being patched into the game? Ideally, this would mean that storylines wouldn't require new champions to necessarily work and it would also mean that tech problems with the patch wouldn't slow down Lore updates.

Mic the Merman

09-20-2013

looks like... a pony tail?

Krufix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Good point. A lot of our indepedent champs - champs without a faction - tend to be a little isolated. That's why we try to give most champs a relationship - rivalry, romantic, etc. - with another champ: to reinforce their place in the world. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll bring it up in our discussons!
I have a question about lore rewrites. Couldn't a champion be much better suited to having lore added more than reworked? Example: Zyra stays exactly the same as she is now. A carnivorous plant thing lived in a jungle, as food was dying out she possessed a sorceress and became humanshaped.... BUT THEN she joins [X] faction and does other stuff?

I'm particularly interested in Shaco for this reason. I really think that his current lore couldn't be improved upon, not for Shaco, even if he doesn't have connections. In fact his lack of connections is one of his greatest strengths possibly, he could pop up utterly anywhere to sow his chaos and laugh manically at it.
A bit like Kotaro Fuma from the Samurai Warriors series. Or Kefka from Final Fantasy. Etc.

Feral Warwick

09-20-2013

Have you ever thought about making a goofy jungle denizen? Sort of like a World of Warcraft Troll witch doctor. Seeing as the original Witch doctor was cancelled. Or even Well, which was a water elemental.
Basically, what is your stance on revisiting cancelled themes and possibly reincorporating them into new champions?

I ask because I think there were some really cool concepts that could be used to flesh out certain parts of Runeterra, like Kumungu, The Voodoo flats, or even the Conquerors and Guardians seas.

Buttercup BAMF

09-20-2013

Will Annie's lore be reworked or expanded upon? Her parents' names seem to have a similar naming pattern as champions, which were never released and doesn't seem very compelling (maybe the shadow witch is but grey warlock? eh...). I personally think it'd be weird if a whole family of champions including parents and children and all (a la The Incredibles) were in the league without some major twist. The Grey Order was never mentioned again and in my opinion, creates more unnecessary fragmenting and factions, although I do like the idea that there are some citizens in Noxus against evil. I personally think it would add more depth if Riot moved away from Noxus and Zaun being just plain evil while Demacia and Piltover are cities of do-gooders as done already with champions with Zac, Vayne and Lucian... What if Annie's parents gave her up to the League or the Noxian High Command to gain greater political leverage to change Noxus from the inside? Or would the parental abandonment be too similar to Lux... hmm...

Also, can we have Piltover, Zaun and Bandle City having conflicting motives with Noxus/Demacia at certain points in the future, and show that they're actually independent city-states rather than Valoran being Good Empire vs Evil Empire and the rest? I can see friction forming between Zaun and Noxus with Singed poisoning everyone and all but not so much in Demacia... To be honest, Piltover seems to me like Demacia's Silicon Valley and Bandle City like a novelty hamsterville at the moment...

Sorry, I'm just thinking things up as I type >.< Also, do you see a grandparent/grandchild relationship in the league in the future rather than all these siblings? xD

I hope senpai notices me...

QuincyMcCoy

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighStarzz View Post
You can notice that the next champion is hidden in the pool party graves splash art. We see that she has green hair and shes in diagonal of renecton
http://gyazo.com/64607a073365f98fe68214d7a0ddff58
But Akali, Sion, and twitch have green hair :S 3 > 1

Apox

09-20-2013

i'm sure this is unlikely, but did you by chance get your awesome name from the book Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis? (i have a friend who uses Ransom as a game name, and he got it from that book series)

OMG halp meh plz

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post

I've never thought of Katarina as evil, really, and I could easily see her being forced into a situation where she has to ally with Garen or Riven.

What I'm hearing a lot from you guys is that you would love to see more lore-related skins. Me too! I'll start pitching more of these ideas to the skins team. I personally would KILL KILL KILL for a Redeemed Morgana skin, one where she looks pleasant and heroic.
I don't think Kat needs to be forced to ally with Garen.

HUE

Also I've been wondering this for a while, but since Kayle and Morgana are sisters, why does Morgana have massive "elf" ears?