I知 Ransom. Writer on Zac and the upcoming champion (#116). AMAA!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirage Night

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
See my last post, Riven fans! And I think that's pretty much all I can say about her at this point. Be patient!
But but but....well you want to tell us more you can slip into this thread http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3878776

:P

Talix of the 35

09-20-2013

Quote:
You can assume that we are working on story for all factions that have not yet gotten their moment in the spotlight.
This pleases us.

Urgot my Waifu

09-20-2013

Quote:
See my last post, Riven fans! And I think that's pretty much all I can say about her at this point. Be patient!

Champion #116 was born when RiotTeaTime posted a crazy sketch she drew on the wall. Everyone went bonkers and said, WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS. From that point, it took several months to put together a good pitch (she went through a number of revisions). Once we got permission to make her, of course, she spent some time in production.

I don't know about unexplored, but I would love to know more about Mt. Targon and the Void.
:O

Make it happen Ransom pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84

Flytrap

09-20-2013

CHAMPION #116 SNEAK PEEK WHERe?!?!!

Nellas

09-20-2013

Ransom said buckle up... I'm thinking the reveal will be soon!!

Starlighte

09-20-2013

Hair color is going to be purple. Calling It now.

OGZ Bob Gnarly

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlighte View Post
Lulu and Quinn both have purple hair. So can't be.

Ransom

Creative Designer

09-20-2013
31 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulVictory View Post
So will all of these "couples" be straight? I hope not. It'll suck with no diversity.

How do you feel about Riven x Irelia? Some people believe it fits couple-wise and lorewise.
Great point. There's definitely an oversight here, and we do spend some time discussing same-*** relationships on the team - particularly Runaan. All I can say is we are always looking for ways to strengthen the world of our game. As for Riven x Irelia, I would need to know more about Irelia as a person in order to really believe it - as much as I like playing her, I feel she's a bit thin. And I'd love to take a shot at giving her more story someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMI View Post
Oh, hey, I have a question I am earnestly curious about. So considering LoL's popularity in Asia, I was wondering if there has been a conscious decision to integrate Eastern tropes into the game's story-telling (as seen with the Warring Kingdoms skins - particularly J4's -), or whether keeping the "exotic" Western feel of the game would be more resonant in the long run.
We focus on 1) making the coolest stuff we can, and 2) pleasing as many of our players as possible, world-wide. Our goal is to make every region feel included and appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumugi View Post
Does the new champion have any at all relations to Vayne? Is there anything in the works for Vayne lore wise? As for the last one which has had me shaking in excitement since her release: She's stated to be the first Night Hunter in Demacia. Are there more Night Hunters like Vayne? Do they work for her?
Champion #116 has no obvious ties to Vayne. As for the Night Hunter, I too am curious about whether she works alone or as part of a team, especially in light of the fact that Lucian has a very similar job and is also from Demacia. I honestly do not have the answers here. I just think it's interesting.

Now for some Rioter shoutouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Morgageddon View Post
Morgageddon read it carefully.

You had me at 'most played champion is Morgana.'
It's all about the flash-ult. Watch them scatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Dear Ransom,

Out of all the champion designers who is your favorite? Is it:
A) gypsylord
B) RiotGypsy
or
C)The guy who did Vi
It's definitely someone who sits on the other side of my cubicle wall, that's for sure.

Nellas

09-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlighte View Post
Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but I don't think there's anyone else with purple hair. Ransom said it's the same color as one other champion :P. Purple would be sweet though. considering it's my favorite color.
EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about my dear Lulu! Maybe #116 does have purple hair then :O

tdi293

09-20-2013

Quote:

Quinn X Jarvan OTP. Shyvana who? :P
Why do you like quinn more than Shyvana?