gragas tank build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

liquidstardust

12-12-2010

no its true randuiun locket spirtvisage sorc shoes or merc you cant die

Kvoth3

12-12-2010

Flat HP doesn't a tank make. Gragas doesn't need regen since he has a passive regen.
I guess it comes down to:
Do you play to your strengths?
Do you cover your weaknesses?

As a tank I prefer to have no weakness.

liquidstardust

12-12-2010

well 2% from passive
20hp5 9 mp5 from locket another 50/20 everytime u use ablity
increased by spirt visage 20%
maxed CDR 40%
25/hp5 from randuin
90 armor and ok magic resist from visage/mercs

D3m0nCh1ck3n

12-12-2010

i was looking for a Gragas build to and this really helps thanks

Adaelphon Delat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-12-2010

I build locket on Gragas cuz it gives him infinite move spammability. The HP is nice too. And it gives him a drop of support, and the CDR to me brings body slam just over the threshold from good to great. True, you can't tank entirely off of regen, but randuin/locket/visage is a great core for gragas. It's surprising how much staying power he has. After that, build something for AP. I like abyssal scepter for the mr/debuff, but if they aren't overly caster heavy then you may wanna go lich bane instead.

In a fight, you have to find your role. Sometimes it'll just be to sit there taking damage, ulting the squishy to your team. However, your role can change. If they only have 1 or 2 real damage dealers, then your role is to remove the dps from the equation. Pop drunken rage, lead the charge in, and go straight past the enemy team to the dps. Let your team follow in your wake and wreak havoc on the other 4, you can pop your ulti to help them out. Then body slam/barrel/exhaust their dps till they run/die. And if you want you can chase when they run.

Palabadanavakri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2010

U guys run this locket+visage combo woth 9/21/0 or 9/0/21 masteries? or stg else? O.o

Warrrrax

12-13-2010

Personally I dont like Locket all that much. The problem is that I dont like the items it takes to build into it, and it takes too long to gain any tankiness. You spend 2200 gold plus boots and you get tons of regen and some HPs, but no armor or magic resist early.

My personal build is as follows: (general purpose)

+ Regrowth Pendant - That plus passive = high HP regen. Good for pushing people around.

-> Philo Stone - For an extra 365 gold it gives you 1 and a half Meki pendants, 50% more regrowth pendant and 30 gold per minute. The extra Mana is really good for using barrels to give you a ranged attack.

Boots 1 - of course

+ Heart of Gold - more gold generation, the armor is useful as you hit some jungle creeps and do late laning. Boosts your HPs which is very nice. Upgrades later on.

+ Spirit Visage - more HPs and some magic resistance, plus the cooldown reduction.

Now you have 60MR and 50ish armor with +400 HPs extra. For a low gold cost, you can tank moderately well.

+Kindlegem - more HPs and another 10% CDR. upgrades later.

-> Merc Treads - more Magic Resistance.

+ Catalyst -> Banshees Veil - You are very strong against magic now and that solves mana problems and adds even more HPs.

-> Combine Philo Stone and Kindle to Shureleys Reverie - Adds a speedup clickie, more HPs, regen, and more CDR.

+ Wardens Mail - A solid armor item. Combines with Heart to Randuins for more HPs, some overkill CDR, armor, and the clickey Slow.

+ Aegis - General purpose toughness boost for you and allies.

This is a relatively cheap build and has two gold generator boosters. The idea is to boost HPs along the way, get magic resistance fairly early on and a bit of armor, then more armor late game. It also incorporates pretty fast CDR for more use of the Ult as a teamfight booster. I like having the two clickies as well for a team that lacks CC.

Crostol

12-13-2010

Inervating, visage and randuims is all gragas need to tank and kill evrythingggggg

Narnak

12-13-2010

Personally when I do full tank Gragas, I do not go locket/visage. I much much prefer Randiun's Omen I think it is the best tank item in the game bar none.

My core tank Gragas build is: Doran's Shield -> HoG+Boots -> Treads+Randiun's

Then usually a Banshee's if it the game isn't over yet. Liberally mix in fort elixirs throughout the game, as Gragas can actually hit like a beast with Drunken Rage and Fort elixir and no damage items.

Masteries: 0/21/9
Runes: Arpen marks, scaling mana regen seals, scaling MR glyphs, Arpen quints
Summoner spells: Cleanse/Ghost

Don't need health quints with Doran's and defensive masteries. Still starts with nearly 700 hp and has a nice chunk of armor penetration to harass the **** out of everyone in lane. Gragas does not back down to anyone early game. Seriously. His Slam+Auto does 200-300 damage to someone without armor items (which at the beginning, is everyone). And you don't need someone to stand in it to do full damage unlike Garen's spin or Panth's HSS. If Gragas takes any damage he just spams his Slam/Drink in safe territory to keep his passive healing him. Spam slam all you want even just back and forth next to your tower. It's impossible to run out of mana just using Slam and Drink.

Forget Barrel Roll it costs too much mana...Gragas absolutely needs early mana items or Golem buff to make Roll viable (or caster runes/masteries which makes you a lot squishier). As tank you don't need Roll till team fights and just for the AS debuff. Start with Slam, Drink twice, then alternate Slam and Drink. Ult when available and 1 rank of Roll for team fights at some point. I guess you could get roll at level 3 if you think it would secure you a kill. It's just that you pretty much never use it because it costs so much mana. Not having mana to slam as tank Gragas is fail.

Remember, Gragas is an early game champ. He does not want the game to run long or his damage goes from good to OK to pitiful.