Twisted Fate Post Patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Downwind Snail

12-21-2009

Is it just me or is the Gold Card nerf really effecting TF's survivability and control? Anyone else having a problem getting adjusted to the AoE slow instead of Stun?

Without a Name

12-21-2009

Quote:
Is it just me or is the Gold Card nerf really effecting TF's survivability and control?
Wasn't the nerf supposed to do exactly that?

Rudeboymike

12-21-2009

Quote:
Working as intended
Yup.

FABIOForever

12-21-2009

The AoE stun really wasn't needed. Bit of an overkill.

BUT the nerf to his gate cooldown hurt a lot more. I would have made it +50%, tops.

One thing that puzzled me was they didn't remove the slow from destiny. Why not? It was totally unnecessary. Complete map vision was more than enough. Adding a 6 second team slow to that was silly.

I'd be happy bringing his current gate cooldown down by 25% and removing the slow from destiny.

Downwind Snail

12-21-2009

I must admit that ever since the nerf I have been trouble getting used to the AoE slow now. In my opinion, Gold Carding will never be what is used to in team fights. Under pressure, before nerf, Gold Carding required skill to be extremely effective. Now, anyone can pull a red card instead of going for Gold in a quick manner to achieve almost the same effect. That is mosty my complaint. I feel like using the gold card 9/10 times isn't what it used to be. Anyone can pull a red card. I am not saying Gold Carding is obsolete because it isn't. What I am saying is that it was a huge blow to any team who used TF overall.

Wrend

12-21-2009

Newsflash: Twisted Fate still owns, and if you 'play your cards right' you shouldn't die often(much like **** Clark, corny card jokes never get old). Even with the massive change to his best ability(pac) he is still awesome. I generally did not rely on pac to escape a bad situation, so this has not affected me much - If it is affecting you then perhaps you need to change your TF play style or change your summ spells\item\rune\mastery build(s) so as not to die as often - i.e. don't lane alone late game(without an escape plan and a close eye on your minimap), lvl3 boots, Guardian Angel, Frozen Heart, Health Runes, Defensive Mastery pts. If you get a soulstealer early enough(which you can since they're cheap now), substituting 1 of these items for one in your regular build so that you can survive mid/late game could actually win your team the game.

meorah

12-21-2009

You still have crazy range on wild card to chip away at melee until they try to hide under tower and then finish them from outside tower range.

I think you'll either be okay with TF or you'll be bad with anyone who isn't FOTM.