So Morello, Where is "The" Lux skin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daft inquisitor

03-21-2014

@Cheimerine & RavenHusky: Thanks for clarification, that actually makes a lot of sense. I WAS thinking of her in terms of "fantasy light", if you wanna put it that way. I still see LoL as a very medieval-fantasy-oriented game, so realizing Lux was more of a modern-day derivation of our understanding of light, it kinda confused me a bit.

Sorrakka

03-21-2014

I'm still waiting for a new, non military themed skin for lux, just like morello promised :[

Blaine Tog

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
I'm still waiting for a new, non military themed skin for lux, just like morello promised :[
I just don't get why skin production is so glacial these days. I don't mean compared to skin production in the past, I mean I don't get why Riot hasn't added like a second skins team to double-up on releases. Skins are their primary form of income, so it makes sense to me for them to pump out more of them. Lore slowing down at least kinda makes sense since they don't have any direct monetization of Lore, and too many champion releases too quickly threatens to destabilize the game in general, but like, if every champ in the game had one or two more high-quality skins than they have right now, it would only be to Riot's financial betterment. There would be no downside.

RavenHusky

03-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by daft inquisitor View Post
@Cheimerine & RavenHusky: Thanks for clarification, that actually makes a lot of sense. I WAS thinking of her in terms of "fantasy light", if you wanna put it that way. I still see LoL as a very medieval-fantasy-oriented game, so realizing Lux was more of a modern-day derivation of our understanding of light, it kinda confused me a bit.
No problem. It kind of should be obvious as to what it means, since lux is a measurement of illuminance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
I just don't get why skin production is so glacial these days. I don't mean compared to skin production in the past, I mean I don't get why Riot hasn't added like a second skins team to double-up on releases. Skins are their primary form of income, so it makes sense to me for them to pump out more of them. Lore slowing down at least kinda makes sense since they don't have any direct monetization of Lore, and too many champion releases too quickly threatens to destabilize the game in general, but like, if every champ in the game had one or two more high-quality skins than they have right now, it would only be to Riot's financial betterment. There would be no downside.
I don't know... Granted, there are champions who have been in need of skins as well, who are just now getting their skins, but the fact that Morello kind of raised expectations, and then a year later, hadn't delivered, just makes it more disappointing, considering Riot's poor track record with Lux fans in the past.

LaCorpse

03-24-2014

All I know is that I'm disappointed. The only reason why I was okay with the release of the last skin is because they said they would push another sooner than normal.

Once again, Lux fans (who don't like the military-esque skin, like 90%) are let down.

Zyxia

04-01-2014

So, has there been any word at all on this? I'd really like a Lux skin that I actually want to buy...

RavenHusky

04-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyxia View Post
So, has there been any word at all on this? I'd really like a Lux skin that I actually want to buy...
Nope. And there likely won't be until right before the skin is ready, and knowing Riot, they probably still haven't started on our skin.

Cheimerine

04-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
No problem. It kind of should be obvious as to what it means, since lux is a measurement of illuminance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daft inquisitor View Post
Lux actually takes her name from the Latin word for light, which in the nominative is "lux". This of course is also the source of the physics measurement. Anyway, lux encompasses a a fairly wide range of meanings, but they're all very much limited to light from a source. Sunlight. Candle light. Lamplight (oil lamps, I mean). Moonlight. Starlight. The other connotations of "light" (light from eyes, holiness, etc) it doesn't pick up until the late fourth and early fifth centuries (380CE-420CE or so) when a good translation of the Bible appears in Latin (before that it was all very amateurish and terrible). Riot seems to have ignored these later acquired meanings.

OT: Gief awesome skin, please?

Chels

04-21-2014

bump

Rivertrance

04-30-2014

So it's been over a year now since SL Lux came out and 8 months or so since this thread was made. Any word on when we may finally see a good lux skin?