(SUGGESTION) Check, Ready!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiro Vitality

12-21-2009

In Red Faction Guerrilla, players are able to click on a little check box if they are ready to play. Once everyone is ready, the game begins to load before the standard timer runs out.

I would like to suggest the same thing. Would it not be cool if everyone clicked a little "Ready?" box, then the 1:30s timer ends and the game begins to load?

Note: It would also be good if you could see all of the players that have checked the box, including the enemy team. This way you'd know why your game hasn't started when your entire team has clicked the box.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

EvilVegan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

100% agree. I posted a similar post a few days ago, but didn't word it as well.

After everyone picks and is ready (which takes all of 10 seconds) we have to sit for 90 more seconds...

So lame, especially if the matching system took a while to get a game...

Hiro Vitality

01-31-2010

The least they could do is begin loading the game during the countdown. Halo does it. Call of Duty does it partially (That's why their maps load so fast if you didn't know). Gears of War loads the map as you're spawning...though for this type of game that'd be bad.

I mean seriously, how hard would it be to load the map during the countdown, even if there's no check ready. Or maybe have both!

Load the map during countdown, and if everyone pressed ready by the time it loads, then the game starts! Even if the countdown's still at 30 seconds!

Also, a veto system would be nice for winter/summer maps, for slow computers to say "NO!" to the winter map.

Edit: Not saying I would vote "Yes" cuz I love the winter map honestly. I just know a few friends that lag like crazy on it.

PsYcoTiCluNaTiC

02-01-2010

Loading during countdown might cause some...lag....for slower computers if done poorly. Imagine having a slower system aand suffering lag during champion selection. Not fun.

Snosauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

I agree! This would make queueing much faster and easier!