Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Revamp] Teemo the Swift Scout - now with 4 actives and a useful passive!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

12-21-2009

Current problems with Teemo:
* Regular passive just isn't that good/too hard to use without the help of twitch.
* 3 passive abilities. Little boring.
* Nobody can decide on what to do with all of the passive concepts.

With that in mind:

Teemo the Swift Scout

Q - Blinding Dart:

Obscures an enemy's vision with a powerful venom, dealing damage to the target unit and causing all attacks to miss for the duration.

Deals 90 / 140 / 190 / 240 / 300 (+.8 per ability power) magic damage and causes the target to miss all of their attacks for 1.6/2.2/2.8/3.4/4 seconds.

Cooldown
11 seconds
Cost
70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130 Mana
Range

Intent: Nothing changed here.

W - Survival Training:
Active: Teemo fades using camouflage and becomes stealthed until he moves, is damaged, or attacks.

Passive: Teemo's basic attacks poison their target for 8 / 14 / 21 / 28 / 35 (+0.15 per ability power) magical damage each second for 5 seconds.

Cooldown
12 seconds
Cost
60 Mana
Range

Intent: Here's where things start to change a bit. Combining Toxic Shot and Camouflage gets you essentially the same thing, but it feels like you're in control more. The time down to activation is replaced with a fade like all the other stealthers. Easier to set-up ambushes this way, or to escape after ducking in some bushes, because you know exactly when it will activate (when you press the button).

E - Smoke Bomb
Teemo marks an enemy with a stinky smoke bomb, lowering it's armor and revealing it to his allies. If it dies while marked, Teemo gains extra gold.

Teemo tosses a stinky smoke bomb that deals 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 (+.4 per ability power) damage to the target. reduces their armor by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 and reveals the target to his team for 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 seconds, gaining an additional 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 gold if the target dies while the effect is on them.

Cooldown
12 Seconds
Cost
50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 Mana
Range

Intent: Anyone remember this? This is a revamped version of Teemo's old Ultimate, Scout's Bounty. This essentially takes the place of both Scout's Bounty (a simple farming ability to use on creeps) and Teemo's old Trailblazer ability (Teemo can help his team-mates take down enemies with his tracking skills) and his old Eagle Eye ability (increased vision range passive). Now that Nidalee has a similar ability, I think it's time to bring it back, and always thought it was really cool. Just not as an Ultimate.

R - Noxious Trap:
Teemo places a explosive poisonous trap. If an enemy steps on the trap it will release a poisonous cloud, slowing enemies and damaging them over time.

Places a trap which detonates if an enemy steps on it, poisoning nearby enemies. Poisoned enemies take 350 / 500 / 650 (+0.8 per ability power) magic damage and have their movement speed slowed by 30 / 40 / 50% for 5 seconds. Maximum 10 traps. Traps last 10 minutes.

Cooldown
20 seconds
Cost
75 / 100 / 125 Mana
Range

Intent: Fine, nothing changed.

Passive: Move Quick
Teemo's movement speed is increased by 20 / 30 / 40%. Should Teemo be struck while Moving Quick, he gets knocked out of Move Quick but automatically re-enters it six seconds after not being attacked.

Intent: Why is Move Quick now his passive? Why should it be his active? You always want it toggled on, anyways. It's a vital part of the character, but not interactive. Things like that belong in the passive slot. It's so simple to me that I feel it's kind of absurd more people haven't thought of it before. It's just the hassle of extra button pushing.

Thoughts from Teemo players and all the rest? I think the character would be infinitely more fun this way. The numbers are mostly just filler and will need to be tweaked, I just want to know if this moveset sounds more fun/interesting/fits the character better than the one he has now.

GuiltyConscience

12-21-2009

Nice ideas, i like them all but the Move Quick part, what's the use of a skill that isn't useful when necessary, creeps attacking teemo as he passes makes the skill fail when he's trying to retreat or chase, melee champions with longer range attacks than teemo that slow make that skill useless also because he loses the x% increase from skill and then the x% from base which brings him to a trot, what's the point of being hailed as the fastest champion so far when you're not fast when you need to be? That's the whole problem with move quick, too many things interfere with it. No other champion has a skill that fails him when he needs it the most and that's the problem with Move Quick.

Nashezbaernon

12-21-2009

The point of his passive is to move to and from combat, not in combat. It works perfectly well for what it is supposed to do just like boots of mobility.

peanutman

12-21-2009

Quote:
Nashezbaernon:
The point of his passive is to move to and from combat, not in combat. It works perfectly well for what it is supposed to do just like boots of mobility.

When you think of it... (real life scenario) if your running away from someone and they hit you with range, are you going to stop? No way, you are going to get out of there asap... right?

Beartooth

12-21-2009

I like your ideas Zeta. I'm not sure if it would make him under/overpowered, but it would definitely make him feel more polished. I would need to start playing Teemo to know for sure, but I don't see anything wrong with your suggestions.

To the people saying move quick shouldn't stop when teemo is hit: that's the entire point of the skill, a strong speedboost for harassing while forcing you to be smart and not get hit. What you're asking for is a different skill entirely.

Zeta

12-21-2009

His Mushrooms might need to be nerfed a little to deal with it, but I think it makes him a more active and polished character, makes him more fun, and incorporates all of the abilities they've tried to put on him in the past two years (Blind Shot, Toxic Shot, Scout's Bounty, Move Quick, Eagle Eye, Camouflage, and Trailblazer!) in a package that works really well and makes a lot of sense.

Makes him feel more like a League of Legends character than a Defense of the Ancients or Heroes of Newerth character.

He's already **** effective (or I'm just insanely naturally good with him), but I want him to be as fun as other characters, and have variety above a blowgun and mushrooms.

OMBlah

12-21-2009

At first I was like "omg changing Teemo? He's already perfect," but after reading this... it sounds pretty awesome.

Zeta

12-21-2009

I like it, too. I really like status effects that aren't CC and don't do damage.

Zeta

12-24-2009

Any opinions from dedicated Teemo players?

aanallein

12-24-2009

I play Teemo pretty much exclusively and these changes would be fine. The only thing it would change to be honest would be to make his passive actually useful (currently it is rather worthless) and would give him a role in team fights with the mark. It is also like Bounty Hunter's skill from Dota so its nothing new.

Good ideas.