Questions on Jungle(ing?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jedo

12-21-2009

I'd like to try Jungling (or is it Jungleing?) with some characters but im not sure about certain things.

What are the other benefits of doing this?

So far from what I've read it helps my teammates get more exp by letting them solo their lane. But aside from that, that's all the information I've collected.

How is the cash flow?

I can imagine I won't have to worry about last hitting while doing this but how fast do the neutral camps respawn?

How early can I start doing it?

I'm not sure if it's around the same time for some champions but I've read in some of the replies that you can do it with Master Yi quite early.. after getting madred's razors and the vamp scepter. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this.

Thanks in advanced for the responses. ^^

Without a Name

12-21-2009

Quote:
What are the other benefits of doing this?
For Jungeling aka kill the NPC Monsters in Jungle gives you buffs. With this buffs and the right champion you're a really good "assassin".
After picking up some buffs just ran to the lane of a teammate kill one or two enemys and disappear in the jungle again.

Quote:
How is the cash flow?
Like I said above you as a Jungler you are supposed to kill enemy champs so the cash flow is fine, if that works well.

Quote:
How early can I start doing it?
That's champion depended. As Warwick (the king of the jungle) you can start jungeling with lvl 1.
But that requieres some experience.

And just to say it don't make the mistake to think that Jungler should Jungle all the time. You are completely useless for your team if you are in the jungle the whole game you have to come out too!

Jedo

12-21-2009

thanks for the initial advice ^^

i'd like to try out master yi tomorrow for a first shot at it and hopefully it turns out fine

does a jungler usually go to the other set of camps on the other side of the map if the other team doesnt seem to be doing it as well? (although i could imagine it could really put me in a bad position if they are more experienced and decide to get rid of me)

Without a Name

12-21-2009

While playing master YI you should lane with an teammate first. Yi isn't such a good Jungler at the beginning as Warwick.

Quote:
does a jungler usually go to the other set of camps on the other side of the map if the other team doesnt seem to be doing it as well?
The role of a Jungle is a bit difficult to describe...I would say it's a support Assassin. A jungler is usually no solo champion.
A Jungler helps out his other teammates at their lane. If there is an enemy champion at one of your teammates lane you go help him and if you do it gorrectly you kill the enemy champion.
And that is kind of support for the team.

It's also possible to get a own lane after jungeling a while but in my opinion that's not what Junglers are supposed to do.

meorah

12-21-2009

I usually push to tower early if possible, then let lane buddy know I'm going to jungle (level 4'ish) and only leave long enough that they can get all the lane final hits and solo XP while being pushed back to our tower. Since the tower can screw up last hits if timing gets off, I leave the jungle and return via the river for a gank attempt on the weaker of the 2 champs (marked for teammate). They should bpill even if the gank fails and let you push the lane back to their tower before they return (assuming no summoner teleport).

once the pressure is back on their tower, repeat the whole process... jungle while lane mate does solo xp/gold and retreats to tower then return to gank while they are trying to push tower 2v1.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

there's many really good jungle champions, they each have their own strategies.

id say the top 4 are:
fiddlesticks (best at utilizing sigils)
shaco (second best at getting sigils)
master yi
warwick

warwick is the easiest since his skills are straight-forward. his late-game is relatively weak and he's not really played in high tier. he is very common in lower tier though.
fiddles is second easiest. you need a high summoner level to use him well because mastery/runes count a lot for him.
shaco is a great choice for those without runes/masteries, his jack in the box is amazing. you can stack them in the beginning and kill golem.
master yi is also good for people without runes/masteries but he is rather difficult to jungle with. you really do need smite/rally for him, he won't be very effective otherwise.

another great jungler is nunu.

the points of jungling are:
1. a LOT more exp gain for the team overall. instead of having 1 person with solo lane, now you have 2.
2. more gold gain for the team if you do this properly. if the solo lane person is good at farming their lane, the team will have a much higher gold gain overall.
3. unpredictable ganking chances. since 1 person is missing all the time, nobody will knows when or where the jungler will come from and pick on weak players.
4. at higher levels, a jungler can actually level faster than someone in a 2-man lane.

Linden Ryuujin

12-21-2009

Anyone with any kind of health steal ability makes an excellent jungler:
Warwick (Passive and Hungering Strike), Nunu (Consume), Fiddlesticks (Drain) and even Nasus (passive, although he's much better on a lane) are all viable junglers and can jungle from level 1.
I've not got any experience with Jungle Yii but I image you'd need help to grab your first buff.

To be honest I'm not sure I see the point of starting to jungle after level 1. The advantage of jungling is mostly in the early exp bonus leading to gank potential, this doesn't happen as quickly if you spend a few levels laning first.

For pretty much all Jungling you want to starting with cloth armor and a set of health potions. Then you upgrade the armour to a Madred Razor as soon as possible. Combined with Smite and Rally or Heal this should keep your on top on things.

My advice if you want to try jungling would be to first have a go on a practice map. You should probably be starting with the golum buff (should only need to use smite and potions) and then working through a few minions to let smite cool down before taking the Lizard.

The one thing you need to be is quick early on. The jungle creeps scale with time and if things go badly early on they can get away from you leaving you lower leveled than everyone on the lanes and unable to continue jungling.
Once you've got your razor though you should be well ahead of the curve and able to handle whatever the jungle can throw at you.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

o.O at my level, you level faster by jungling than staying in a 2-man lane. jungling is a very very useful skill to have in high elo games.

Without a Name

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
o.O at my level, you level faster by jungling than staying in a 2-man lane. jungling is a very very useful skill to have in high elo games.
Have to disagree with that. In a high ELO game the team gets screwed if there's a 1vs2 on one of the lanes

Bait

12-21-2009

o.O it's the opposite.
i'm high elo and you are not.

don't mean to sound like an ******* but... most of the really good top elo teams really do have a jungler.