A hopefully refreshing guide to Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

saixx

Senior Member

12-12-2010

You use clarity after getting golem. How can you say clarity is essential? If you used it prior to obtaining golem then yes. But using clarity immediately after getting golem is pure fail. Running any other spell is more worthwhile than clarity. Use ghost for speed, flash to pop over a wall then go invis, use ignite for damage, exhaust for catching or escaping or beating phys, hell use fortify for defense AND extra 9 dmg to those minions your jungling, if necessary use heal to help keep yourself up jungling, use clairvoyance to spot enemy junglers or check for safety when doing lizard or golem, rally for buffing as u jungle lolz. Everything EVERYTHING is better than clarity UNLESS you fail to get golem or lose it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-12-2010

I agree that AD Eve is very powerful and jungling with her is infinitely better than laning, but taking clarity is unnecessary. A guide on Leaguecraft provided a very optimal jungle route going from wraiths>wolves>golems. At first, it would seem that you are wasting a lot of time running around, but if you smite the blue wraith and have 1/8/21 masteries, you'll have smite JUST up as you run down to golems after wolves. After backing, smite will be up JUST before you reach blue golem. Afterwards, it's just about hitting each camp in order downwards and getting a gank if/when possible. This lets you take another summoner spell that can be much more useful than clarity.

The item build pretty much the same, and the philosophy you provided in the guide was nice,but I would recommend some videos to better illustrate some of those more arbitrary points, like what to do in a teamfight and when you should engage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyzar

Senior Member

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
Decent ideas, poor execution
howso?

Quote:
And you hate AP evelynn which makes me a sad panda.
Rightfully so.

Quote:
AD Evelynn is more constructive for a jungling build because that madred's is just so easily reached.
AP Evelynn is more constructive for laning, but it's with a catch; you need to have a competent laning partner, and even then it's highly reliant on having the right class combos. Laning with a veigar where you initiate with your stun, and he then combos out his spell rotation while front loading his more dodgeable abilities means that even merc treads ain't getting you out. Working with a panth where he leaps in, dumps his spell rotation and then you show up is hard to survive. AP also means you're probably going to be a support character though. It's harder to pull off and in all honesty its a colossal **** shoot in solo queues. I don't even do it unless I have at least one person I know to work with.[/quote]

AP evelynn in a lane is completely, utterly, and totally, inferior
to an AD/Hybrid Evelynn. Imagine for a moment that said Veigar was 1v2ing, or midding (preferably midding), and you were jungling. As Evelynn, in a lane, the only way you'll be doing much anything to anyone is if you're facing people who are very, very bad at League of legends. She has the worst early game of any character, worse then Nasus, and worse then Tryndamere. I'd rather breeze through that early game quickly, give someone more xp without having a deadweight laning partner who will only do anything against very bad players, and emerge out of the jungle to score that veigar a double kill which could very well result in a tower destroyed.

AP eve's strength lies in her ability to nuke down a single target. That is all she is capable of in a teamfight. Picking off stragglers, and nuking down a squishy (Her arsenal will not kill a moderate to tanky character.) IF I wanted to play an instagib nuker, I would play veigar or anivia, gain more utility, a much better stun, and more damage.

Yes, AP eve deals more initial burst then a DPS based Evelynn, that much is true, although keep in mind several things.

- AP eve is useless once she blows her entire arsenal and is usually no more then a sitting duck.

- an AP eve can barely push a tower.

- An AP eve will not turn the tide of a fight.

- An AP eve is directly inferior to every nuker because her utility and mobility isn't enough to make up for her lack of AoE stun and general lack of damage. There are much, much, much better choices if you want to play an instagib character. I love the idea of an AP eve, and I love the idea of a stealth full support character, it's just not plausible by any means given what Eve has at her disposal. You say that AP eve is stupid to play in solo queue and will likely end up in the support role. She can't solo dragon, she can't push a lane as well as AD can. She is a 'Support' role because her damage isn't enough to take down an even slightly beefy character and she turns into no more then a walking stun with mediocre burst that is laughable in comparison to every other nuker in the game.

An AD eve has

- More utility

- Persistant Damage

- Lasting Power

- Mobility

- Survivability

- More 1v1 capabilities

- Carrying potential

- Very good pushing power.

What does AP eve have? A mediocre stun in conjunction with halfway decent burst damage? Pass.


Quote:
Still, I'd expect the Revive centric jungling AD build to work better. Clarity is such a bad summoner spell for evelynn it's not even funny. If you're seriously having mana issues you can take those CDR blues and rotate them over to Mana regen or something. Lord knows Evelynn in an AD build won't care about a slightly faster hate spike.
I take clarity because it improves her jungling speed exponentially and makes it so I don't have to b because of mana. I don't have to buy runes because of mana. I don't need to buy items for mana. I already have 520+ movement speed with trinity force and boots of swiftness, and even more if I get to ghostblade. Is getting revive ACTUALLY more important then one of those things? I highly doubt it. Eve doesn't need a sub par amount of damage or a movement speed buff when she's already the fastest character in the game. If you played a DPS eve properly you'd understand this fact.

Quote:
Forcing your opponents to buy oracles and wards is a perk, not a draw back with even base level competency. I've had games where someone had to buy 4 oracles in the course of a game, and another person on his team bought 4 as well. 3200 gold to deal with one character? Yes please.
Obviously them buying wards isn't a good thing, it is simply not as bad as people think it is.If they don't buy any wards, or oracles, then it's gg for an AD evelynn. The reason why you think it it's a good thing is because you don't do much else as an AP evelynn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acosn

Senior Member

12-12-2010

I've actually been playing AD builds a lot more recently because I just don't have a rune build (At the very least I need to grab some Mpen runes) but I'm just not willing to write off AP evelynn because the viability is still there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Ponies1Apple

Senior Member

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
AP eve's strength lies in her ability to nuke down a single target. That is all she is capable of in a teamfight. Picking off stragglers, and nuking down a squishy (Her arsenal will not kill a moderate to tanky character.) IF I wanted to play an instagib nuker, I would play veigar or anivia, gain more utility, a much better stun, and more damage.

Yes, AP eve deals more initial burst then a DPS based Evelynn, that much is true, although keep in mind several things.

- AP eve is useless once she blows her entire arsenal and is usually no more then a sitting duck.

- an AP eve can barely push a tower.

- An AP eve will not turn the tide of a fight.

- An AP eve is directly inferior to every nuker because her utility and mobility isn't enough to make up for her lack of AoE stun and general lack of damage. There are much, much, much better choices if you want to play an instagib character. I love the idea of an AP eve, and I love the idea of a stealth full support character, it's just not plausible by any means given what Eve has at her disposal. You say that AP eve is stupid to play in solo queue and will likely end up in the support role. She can't solo dragon, she can't push a lane as well as AD lane. She is a 'Support' role because her damage isn't enough to tank down an even slightly character and she turns into no more then a walking stun with mediocre burst that is laughable in comparison to every other nuker in the game.

What does AP eve have? A mediocre stun in conjunction with halfway decent burst damage? Pass.
Guide was decent, Credibility lost with this post. When an AP eve is built right it is onpar with AD eve, its just a matter of playstyle if you want a brawler go yi, if you want an assassin in its true form play eve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyzar

Senior Member

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R÷n View Post
Guide was decent, Credibility lost with this post. When an AP eve is built right it is onpar with AD eve, its just a matter of playstyle if you want a brawler go yi, if you want an assassin in its true form play eve.
Typical response from an AP eve that isn't even level 30 and probably hasn't even bothered to try out my build. None of you AP eve players are even trying to combat my points.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyzar

Senior Member

12-14-2010

Bump for change log.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shin˘by

Senior Member

12-14-2010

clarity doesnt allow you to jungle faster just by keeping your mana up to not have to b... you're not even taking into consideration your hp loss that you eventually have to go back to base for anyways... so if you're gonna go back already, why bother with clarity? golem = only needing to base for hp only.. you have plenty of mana to spam hate spikte, and once you have madreds, you have to spam even less... you probably use ravage way too much personally and thats why you think you need clarity... i'd love a video honestly just to see how you jungle.. path, abilities, etc..... i havent checked out your updated list/bulid/guide yet, which im about to do, but as of right now, the only thing i think we agree on is the fact that you play AD over AP (ap sucks)

edit: add... forgot to mention my favorite part is how in the very beginning of the guide you say you dont need runes to jungle as eve.. that's a joke from the start


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyzar

Senior Member

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin˘by View Post
clarity doesnt allow you to jungle faster just by keeping your mana up to not have to b... you're not even taking into consideration your hp loss that you eventually have to go back to base for anyways... so if you're gonna go back already, why bother with clarity? golem = only needing to base for hp only.. you have plenty of mana to spam hate spikte, and once you have madreds, you have to spam even less... you probably use ravage way too much personally and thats why you think you need clarity... i'd love a video honestly just to see how you jungle.. path, abilities, etc..... i havent checked out your updated list/bulid/guide yet, which im about to do, but as of right now, the only thing i think we agree on is the fact that you play AD over AP (ap sucks)

edit: add... forgot to mention my favorite part is how in the very beginning of the guide you say you dont need runes to jungle as eve.. that's a joke from the start

You don't need runes to jungle with her. I've been jungling with her since before I was level 30 successfully. Also, I don't use clarity, so I don't know why you wrote that entire paragraph in the first place. : /


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shin˘by

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
and yes, clarity IS essential to jungling QUICKLY and not falling behind. The whole point of jungling is to get out of the early game as quickly as possible so you can start ganking. Clarity makes that possible.
you dont? LULZ