A hopefully refreshing guide to Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shin˘by

12-11-2010

ok you want me to point out whats wrong with it, here I go...
masteries: you're jungling, therefore you need to keep the neutral buffs up as long as possible, henceforth needing utility mastery.. you dont need 21 pts into the defensive tree.. you're not a tank, you're dps
runes: magic pen is pointless if you're building her AD.. the whole reason to jungling with eve, is because she sucks in the lane early game.. the faster you jungle, the faster you get ahead... i use AS marks.. the faster you attack, the more madreds procs you get (plus trifoce slow procs later).. 2 hp quints and 1 move speed quint? that doesnt even make sense... flat armor is better then dodge yellows, in general, especially for jungling...
sum. spells: you dont need clarity, period... there is a path that is perfect for her in every way, and mana is never an issue to this path.. anything else helpful is better.. flash, ghost, even cleanse would be better...
leveling build: hate spike at 1, obviously... but not again at 3.. 1 pt in hate spike is all you need for the rest of the game, until you have to take the 2nd point... you take ravage at 2, and then once you hit 3, you find out if anyone near you is gankable.. if so, take shadow walk, if not, take another point in ravage... from then on, its R>E>W>Q with shadow walk at 3/4 and ravage at 3/4 depending what you chose to do.. either way, you're 3rd pt for ravage will be lvl 5... there is no other option here.. lvl 2 hate spike does nothing for you
Madreds is 'NOT' a 'core' item for eve... it completely depends on their team comp.. if they're not beefy, you're better off turning your razor into a wriggles early on.. life steal isnt terrible on her later on, when you're attacking at 2.5 speed, plus the early free wards are amazing, as you already know, since you talk alot about map control, which i completely agree with you on.. once madreds + boots1 is done, i usually throw down about 3-4 wards for my team throughout the river (inc. dragon obv.).. your actual core items should be razor (upgraded later to what you need), boots (i take merc treads pending team comp, other then that, swiftness), triforce, and then work on your infinity edge... if against alot of magic, ill build a hexdrinker next since its cheaper and the survivability can be a life saver, literally (karthus, etc.)

Shin˘by

12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
That's nice, although doesn't mean that much apparently unless you play her in ranked, which you have. I believe you played one game as her, in which you went 2/8. Okay. It's funny because all the people insulting this build, either have a lower Elo, or don't even play Eve in ranked. Nevertheless, I've decided to main as Eve and chart my progress regarding rank in this thread..
that was when i first started playing her, i should have been playing around with her in normal games first, and i didnt have the right rune page.. not making excuses, just pointing our facts.. and if you missed the part where i had 10 assists also, most of those were KS's from me ganking, etc.... not to mention, you failed to see the part where we actually won that game.... when i played her, yeh i had a really low elo at the time.. i play this game more to have fun, with my friends, rather then be an elitist who does nothing but care about ranked, but eve is my main jungler, i know how to play her, which btw, immediately after i made that first post, played another game... 10/0/8 with her

Alyzar

12-11-2010

Again, normal games aren't really a clear depiction of what works and what doesn't work. Ever since ranked, normal games = the new practice games, and yes, clarity IS essential to jungling QUICKLY and not falling behind. The whole point of jungling is to get out of the early game as quickly as possible so you can start ganking. Clarity makes that possible. IF you bothered reading the actual guide you'd understand that. Your post seems more of a "Look at me! Look how good I do in NORMAL games" Then constructive criticism. Sad.

In other news, updated the item build and updated rune page on it's way.

NickPham

12-11-2010

Good guide.

There's been some stuff recently about using revive which actually works pretty well, just search "eve is diamonds site:leagueoflegends.com"

Next shinoby makes lots of great points, especially about masteries. Recently it's been realized that 21 should only ever be put into utility, every other character benefits more from some sort of combination. For your dodge based eve, it'd prolly look like this:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...13040002000000

This is also a great mastery setup because it has almost no filler masteries. Includes nimbleness, and 3% movement speed.
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/000...13040032030000

Alyzar

12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPham View Post
Good guide.

There's been some stuff recently about using revive which actually works pretty well, just search "eve is diamonds site:leagueoflegends.com"

Next shinoby makes lots of great points, especially about masteries. Recently it's been realized that 21 should only ever be put into utility, every other character benefits more from some sort of combination. For your dodge based eve, it'd prolly look like this:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/100...13040002000000

This is also a great mastery setup because it has almost no filler masteries. Includes nimbleness, and 3% movement speed.
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/000...13040032030000
The 0/14/16 one looks really nice. I'll try that out and see what happens, although i'll probably go 1/13/16 in favor of improved smite.

Alyzar

12-12-2010

Thanks for the tip. I definitely like the second set of masteries a lot.

Truth3w3

12-12-2010

Awesome guide is awesome.

(Superior Hybrid Jungle Eve guide) (But you smell like doody, fyi)

Alyzar

12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth3w3 View Post
Awesome guide is awesome.

(Superior Hybrid Jungle Eve guide)
Thanks!

Quote:
(But you smell like doody, fyi)
Eh..

Tuncoffs

12-12-2010

This guide is probably the most descriptive one out there for eve right now. I am glad I read this.

acosn

12-12-2010

Decent ideas, poor execution.

And you hate AP evelynn which makes me a sad panda.

Still, I've been experimenting and from what I've seen;

AD Evelynn is more constructive for a jungling build because that madred's is just so easily reached.

AP Evelynn is more constructive for laning, but it's with a catch; you need to have a competent laning partner, and even then it's highly reliant on having the right class combos. Laning with a veigar where you initiate with your stun, and he then combos out his spell rotation while front loading his more dodgeable abilities means that even merc treads ain't getting you out. Working with a panth where he leaps in, dumps his spell rotation and then you show up is hard to survive. AP also means you're probably going to be a support character though. It's harder to pull off and in all honesty its a colossal **** shoot in solo queues. I don't even do it unless I have at least one person I know to work with.

Still, I'd expect the Revive centric jungling AD build to work better. Clarity is such a bad summoner spell for evelynn it's not even funny. If you're seriously having mana issues you can take those CDR blues and rotate them over to Mana regen or something. Lord knows Evelynn in an AD build won't care about a slightly faster hate spike.

Forcing your opponents to buy oracles and wards is a perk, not a draw back with even base level competency. I've had games where someone had to buy 4 oracles in the course of a game, and another person on his team bought 4 as well. 3200 gold to deal with one character? Yes please.