The Yellow Ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoneyForNothin

09-08-2011

The fall-back ping was recently added in, and I am very surprised to see that it hasn't became the new "MIA" button. Why do people not ping with the V key to signal that people are MIA, or is it just me not noticing? Because it seems like it would be the most useful thing to do with it, and is a more attention grabbing noise than the regular ping. Not only these things, but typing MIA, SS, or MS can cost you last hits and pinging is far easier and more attention grabbing. I try to state that I will be using it as a MIA signal each game, but I am yet to see anyone else use it this way. What are your thoughts on it?

iLikeSushi

09-08-2011

It's still rather new. People are still getting acustom to using it.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Dunno, I see it being quite regularly used, but not as a MIA ping per se, but guess that's cool too as long as you state it in game although not everyone would then use it as such so I guess it wouldn't be the best way to use it.
I've grown quite accustomed to it, but I use it only as a GTFO as it is stated.
Pinging your lane and writing ss in chat usually is all it takes to call MIA and that really doesn't take that long. Then you can use the yellow ping when you know, or have a well educated guess, that enemies are moving towards another lane, and ping your teammates to fall back.

Darth Righteous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Doesn't the fall back ping mean: Don't go here potential enemy?
If you ping b/c of a MIA, you indicate 'don't go here' where the enemy is missing. Not where the enemy is. So you are sending the wrong information.
If you have seen where they went and then ping there, that is it's purpose. Or where you know the enemy has your teammates out numbered.
At least that's how I see it.
Darth out.

MoneyForNothin

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Righteous View Post
Doesn't the fall back ping mean: Don't go here potential enemy?
If you ping b/c of a MIA, you indicate 'don't go here' where the enemy is missing. Not where the enemy is. So you are sending the wrong information.
If you have seen where they went and then ping there, that is it's purpose. Or where you know the enemy has your teammates out numbered.
At least that's how I see it.
Darth out.
The way I'm seeing it is that "fall back" means fall back in general, and if pinging in a lane it means "fall back because this lane is missing". Or at least, I can see it working this way potentially. People have been asking for a MIA ping for a long time, and this seems like something that could work if it becomes common enough.