Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you want this system to be implemented?

Yes!!! Sir you read my thoughts! 2 33.33%
Kindof yeah, but I would do things differently to fix MM 1 16.67%
I dont care 0 0%
Attackspeed Veigar is viable! stfu! What is ranked btw? 2 33.33%
No, this is a bad idea, you are wrong, go get a life! 1 16.67%
Voters 6 .

Great idea for matchmaking - Riot read this and hire me lol

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ronisauruss

12-10-2010

Hi!

This here is the point of the whole story in short:

THERE SHOULD BE AN OPTION TO AVOID IRRESPONSIBLE AND BAD PLAYERS WHO PULL OTHERS WITH THEM - AT THE PRICE OF WAITING LONGER FOR A GAME, SO THE QUICK MATCHMAKING SUFFERS NO DAMAGE IF ONE CHOOSES TO GO WITH THAT.

If ur interested in the rest of my thoughts, read on. Even tho i expect a lot of blatant trollage, i seriously dont give a **** about brainless criticism or negligent justification of selfish and thoughtless bulls#]t. Thus i wont react at all. Use it Riot or lose it. If you wont, other games will, im sure of that. This idea is the kind of idea which gets out there, because people already have it in mind... and will be used up. Like the idea of using judges for sports, or a law system in society. Simple. Read on then and skip the intro if u arent interested and get to the 2nd point.

1. INTRODUCTION

I'm a hungarian guy and my favorite game was dota 5 years ago. Ive been playing mobas that long. My mates suggest that i should start a new account because theyre all around 1500 and they worry that people will think im a noob cuz i have 300+ played ranked games. I started playing ranked with my cousin who really sucked and left and stuff. I started out from 800 elo and i worked my brains off to get to 1200. The problem is that i know this: my skills werent enough to get away from 800, and I was merely lucky with the number of idiots on my teams, yet im still far from being out of elo hell. When i got to 1200 i fell back to 1100 because of the usual stuff. Feeders, leavers, 1st time rankers and idiots generally. Then i got back to 1200. Then back to 1100. Add 3 more rounds of that to be accurate. The random factor around this specific elo level is too **** high and you Riot guys have the hands to do something about it, i will however provide some ideas how to do it.

2. WHAT SYSTEM TO IMPLEMENT THEN?

Implement options. Do that because people who love mobas with all their hearts like me take this game seriously. And some people dont. This can be measured with trackable stats which you already have implemented. Number of leaves, number of played games, number of reports, etc... and these stats differ greatly at individuals. I know that you want to keep the current and fast system, but i would so wait even 10 minutes to get into a ranked game where i know i most probably wont play alongside leavers, ragers or afkers. Also would be good to know, that i wont play alongside people who play their 3rd ranked game and pick shaco as last pick in a team with 1 viable cc/stun against a team of hard tanks and melee dps. I would totally wait even 20 minutes for that. I would wait an hour actually. Because it is consuming time and energy, and weeks to get 100+ elo on your rank because of the overly high random factor.

There should be options such as:
- avoid leavers,
- avoid report categories,
- avoid players below [x] played ranked games

Players could only use the filters if they themselves werent in the selected category. That way baddies will play with baddies, experienced players will be playing with similarly experienced players, and leavers will most likely play with other players. This way the good players (and myself too maybe) will be able to emerge from low elo games to their respective skill level. I know there are leavers and idiots even over 1500 (as ive heard and seen on livestreams), and even higher, but as i said some people are just lucky, so this way they too could be avoided too, and the skill levels of the players would be measured much much accurately in the rank system in case they choose to sacrifice more time for an accurate matchmaking. I want to join my friends who are at 1500+. Those guys who actually see and know what im capable of in terms of teamplay and overally gameplay. Im sure i'm not alone with that problem.

3. WHY WOULD I WAIT AN HOUR OR TWO TO AVOID WHAT I HATE IN THE CURRENT MATCHMAKING?

It is just devastating when you play a game where everybody is decent, play your heart out to win in a 60 minutes long game and get 12 elo+, then the next game u have 2 leavers with 999 leaves on their accounts and 6 wins in total. That kind of stuff can keep really good players in low elo. Not talking about myself now. Talking about several other veteran dota players, most of them 20+ years old with intact brain structure, good communicational skills and awareness, able to pull off awesome mindgames while escaping a whole team and watching them play is like watching korean wcg finalists going gosu with their insane skills. And those guys, well some of them have 400+ played rankeds and cant get out. And these guys can lose because some ****** tanks with his attackspeed veigar in his 2nd ranked game and goes 0-999-1. No, dont go with the duoqueue stuff "go duo its the only way out, the mm is solid, stfu" kinda ****. Not interested. Everybody knows that even 1 idiot can ruin the game completely, this is not even an argument. With or without your best buddy on voicechat, your loss is predetermined if ur matched up with chronic baddies on your side.

wildfire393

12-10-2010

Decent idea buried in WALL OF TEXT ZOMG.

ScarletAzure

12-10-2010

More than %5 leavers should be banned from ranked forever or for a certain amount of time, or they should play with other leavers.

any idea beyond that is stupid and cant be implemented since everyone has bad games. You cant also artificially increase your chance of winning by "avoiding" every single bad player you see.

ronisauruss

12-10-2010

Quote:
ScarletAzure:
More than %5 leavers should be banned from ranked forever or for a certain amount of time, or they should play with other leavers.

any idea beyond that is stupid and cant be implemented since everyone has bad games. You cant also artificially increase your chance of winning by "avoiding" every single bad player you see.

i wonder how you avoid them other than dodge a queue. since im still not sure whether "ignore" provides avoidance of the ignored ones. i dont dodge queues even tho im 100% sure i will have to endure 25 minutes of fail because of a hmm say n%b annie from the last game.

KirbyHero

Recruiter

12-10-2010

Elo hell is a myth. It would fail any hypothesis test. Stop making these threads people.

EC Defiler

12-10-2010

Stopped reading at 'ur'.

ronisauruss

12-10-2010

Quote:
KirbyHero:
Elo hell is a myth. It would fail any hypothesis test. Stop making these threads people.

I dare you to test it buddy. Not with your awesome duoque mate on a lanparty. Alone. Dive to just 900 and get out of there alone. Its fun, go see what happens lol.

ShadowDark

12-10-2010

Unoriginal. Matchmaking options have been done before. Sorry, but this won't get you hired anywhere.

EgeI

12-10-2010

People in elo hell are elo hell.
To prove you are not, try to win matches and get out, else make a new accont and try again xD

ronisauruss

12-10-2010

Quote:
EgeI:
People in elo hell are elo hell.
To prove you are not, try to win matches and get out, else make a new accont and try again xD

I will get out, and i suspect i will be climbing elo numbers from 1300 to 1600 strangely faster compared to my ascent from 800 to 1200. I wonder why people should make new accounts with purchased skins on their existing ones, and too many invested hours of building a summoner. I would love to see a smart answer for that. Not a c ocky one, not the kind you just say and then leave the scene. One you can actually defend with reason. Funny guys like you are great critics i gotta say...