New champions are boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blurpe

12-10-2010

i love this game. but champion releases lately are so mediocore. i know they are pumping them out for the skins etc. but plz plz plz

TAKE SOME RISKS

how about a new invis charactor? (le blanc doesnt count)
how about never before seen skill mechanics?
how about a god **** tank
how about a... map?

fuffychan

12-10-2010

QQ moar plz

Ribbones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

No one from the public has seen them in action yet.
Champion Design is picking up. Trundle does his job perfectly, albeit he's sometimes an unkillable monster in 1v1 situations.
Cass looks pretty nifty also, she'll be a great zoning hero and will contribute pretty well in teamfights, even though this adds to the AOE clusterf-ck that LOL can sometimes be.

Either way, don't knock em until you, or someone else, tries em.

GiantFingers

12-10-2010

If you're bored play a different game.

Kagetenshi

12-10-2010

Ever since I came back from a break, these are the releases I remember and how I feel about them in terms of fun:

Sona - Fun the first couple games, then just got boring once you figured out what you were doing.
Swain - Amazingly fun, a bit hard to play and still working on mastering him, but he's really fun to me.
Lux - Kinda meh, the only thing she has going for her is her ult in my opinion.
LeBlanc - Like Swain, extremely fun finding someone out of place and bursting them down with her combo.
Irelia - My favorite out of these. Building her hybrid has just been really interesting for me, jumping on someone full with half health with Bladesurge, bursting them down with a ~500 damage Equilibrium, then activating my ult while auto-attacking with Hiten and finishing the kill with full health. The things you can pull off with her are just insane.
Trundle - I haven't played him much, but I see him as run in, right-click, spam Q. Pretty boring.

So all in all, I think you're wrong.

fatalfencer

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurpe View Post
downvote the truth. you know they are boring
I hate when people assume everyone has their same opinion

Blurpe

12-10-2010

Quote:
Today, 05:13 AM
Ever since I came back from a break, these are the releases I remember and how I feel about them in terms of fun:

Sona - Fun the first couple games, then just got boring once you figured out what you were doing.
Swain - Amazingly fun, a bit hard to play and still working on mastering him, but he's really fun to me.
Lux - Kinda meh, the only thing she has going for her is her ult in my opinion.
LeBlanc - Like Swain, extremely fun finding someone out of place and bursting them down with her combo.
Irelia - My favorite out of these. Building her hybrid has just been really interesting for me, jumping on someone full with half health with Bladesurge, bursting them down with a ~500 damage Equilibrium, then activating my ult while auto-attacking with Hiten and finishing the kill with full health. The things you can pull off with her are just insane.
Trundle - I haven't played him much, but I see him as run in, right-click, spam Q. Pretty boring.

So all in all, I think you're wrong.
thats your opinion. here mine
sona: awful spamfest. auras could have been so much cooler then the same old. that was implemented
swain: interesting idea. poorly done.
lux: slightly more useful ezreal
irelia: Unevolved pokemon. evolves into xin zhao
trundle: awful

Kagetenshi

12-10-2010

Quote:
thats your opinion. here mine
sona: awful spamfest. auras could have been so much cooler then the same old. that was implemented
swain: interesting idea. poorly done.
lux: more useful ezreal
irelia: Unevolved pokemon. evolves into xin zhao
trundle: awful
So what I'm getting from this is you compare new champions to old champions.

Sorry bro, but if you think that's the correct way to judge a champion, then stop playing this game. Every champion works in different ways, because even if they have one or two similar abilities, they tie together in a different way.

Blurpe

12-10-2010

Quote:
So what I'm getting from this is you compare new champions to old champions.
thats not what im saying at all. im saying the are influenced by old champions TOO MUCH. and dont bring anything new.

Kagetenshi

12-10-2010

Quote:
thats not what im saying at all. im saying the are influenced by old champions TOO MUCH. and dont bring anything new.
Persistant auras have only been on items before, not champions. (Save Taric, but his aren't up 100% of the time.)

Swain seems kinda generic, I'll give you that. Torment's damage buff is a toned down Hemoplague.

Lux's Ult is instant. Not at all like Ezreal's Ult, which is global and reduces in damage as it hits stuff. Her Light Binding is meant to be like Morgana's, it's in her lore for christ's sake. Her shield is also new, in that it's a skillshot boomerang meant purely for support.

LeBlanc's Mimic is a brand new concept.

Irelia's Bladesurge ONLY has the charge concept in relation to Xin's charge. Everything else, from the scaling to the damage style, is different. Equilibrium Strike is also a new concept, in that it gets stronger if she is at a disadvantage.

Trundle's Q and R are new in that they STEAL stats from an opponent. They don't just debuff them, or buff him, he straight up steals them. Note that his R bases off of how high the opponent's stats are.

I fail to see your point.