Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So i wasted 30$

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sciz

12-10-2010

Seems like Riot was interested in making a **** load of money and S2 was interested in making a quality game.

TamOcello

Recruiter

12-10-2010

Quote:
Sciz:
Seems like Riot was interested in making a **** load of money and S2 was interested in making a quality game.

Which is why S2 is putting in a cash shop, and Riot has millions of repeat players.

Not having features != low quality. You're trying to tell me that the game we're currently playing is utter **** in comparison to all the other games on the market?

If so, can I have your stuff?

Gunflame

12-10-2010

If you dont like the way the system woprks you dont have to play lol

Avathar

12-10-2010

The most lucrative online gaming business you can have right now is a F2P game with a shop like LoL or Lotro. You dont pressure anyone into paying, you make tons of money. what makes them money? champions and "teemo" skins. you cant blame them for making money.

second, have you actually really played HoN? its terrible. im glad it has all those great features but why would i want to play a terrible game to get them, in that case ill just go back to DOTA.

but really i hate riot for using all these concept artists to create skins when they could be forcing them to do balance concepts they have no idea how to do or forcing them to slap their nuts on a keyboard trying to program java. maybe they should just fire all the artists and not make money so they can appease you.

Theres a lot of things I "want riot to do" like re balancing pantheon, learning how to balance pantheon in the first place. removing summoner abilites from the game and just affixing those abilities to the items. Removing Mordekaiser from the game. its not realistic to expect them to do all this just because ill pout on the forums till they do.

So go play a ****ty game(IMO) like HoN since it has the features you want, ill play this one since it has the features i want...

wait wait actually come back ill twist your arm and force you to play this and youll like it.

Debutant

12-10-2010

I'd say the 2 games chosed a different Pay strategy, you may don"t like one but it's up to you.
I'm a 100% free player so far, and won't buy RIOT point after a long time.
I've played HoN a bit (during closed-beta), and chosed to play Lol because it's easier to play it being 100% free.
(I do receive mails from HoM telling there's free playing sometimes, but I forget them ...and I'm from Europe, hours might not be appropriate, and just not feeling to play at a precise moment).
I have chosen, and dind'nt posted in the Lol forums to say I disagree with their strategy : it's their choice, it has advantages and disavantage too.

clerica

12-10-2010

I don't mind paying RP for champs and skins (esp since not that many champs appeal to me), I'm having a lot more fun paying a few bucks here and there for LoL than, say, some subscription game like WoW. Although I will agree having more features would be nice, and PVP.net not failing every few hours.

Buut I haven't played HoN so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Harlond

12-10-2010

I hate to break it to you, but you are right. HoN has all of those features, but you are failing to realize one thing, that is all their eggs in one basket. They are forcing this through now because they are losing to Lol right now on their replay value. So, they are getting Season 2 out there now to try to draw some people in. Yes, right now they have all those features, but Riot is building for the future.

Magma Chamber: someday soon PLZ, but I'm hoping it will be fun.
Replays: in the works, out 2030, lol
Balance: always being worked on, even though there will always be complaints (including mine which pop up from time to time.)
Spectator mode: working on it.

Yes, these aren't out yet, but I'm hoping they will be out soon. I agree Riot has some things to get to, but I've played HoN a bit. I didn't like it. I'm willing to wait for those things to show up for Lol. If you liked HoN and aren't willing to wait, then go ahead and leave. For me, it comes down to the game, and I like Lol as a game better. I wish it had some other things on it to, and if they aren't there in 6 months I'll be asking some questions to. However, for now I'll stick with Lol.

As far as wasting money goes, you don't have to spend another dime on the game if you don't want to. No one is making you. I've spent very minimal money on this game, and I've bought almost all the champs and many, many runes, and it sounds like you've been around a couple months longer than me. So, I'd say you just have to make a choice.

ThatsNotMyLane

12-10-2010

If you're going to be competitive you're going to need to play A LOT. Playing a lot will get you all the IP you'll need.

Harlond

12-10-2010

^ well said. I think I meant to mention that too, lol

TehGus

Recruiter

12-10-2010

LoL is F2P. That's the big difference. And this is the first "no runes no full potential" complaint I've ever heard. o_o