So i wasted 30$

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TonyDamajer

12-10-2010

the prices are ridiculous, its impossible for all the newcomers to ever catch up with some1 who played in beta, just count how many games you have to play to unlock all the champions and how much you have to play to keep up with the new content, then there are also runes which are gamebreaking and the extra runepages which can give you enough advantages to kill the hope of the newcomers

and yeah the approaching champ is a gorgon with basicly the same ultimate like in dota

Dreamcleaver

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temlam View Post
to play any hero in this game you realistically need 2 sets of runes.
Armor pen reds
Mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints
and

Magic pen reds
mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints

Honestly speaking with those 2 sets (basically all the same except for penetration for the second page) I could play any single hero in the game. Are there nice runes for tanks? sure. Do I need them? no.
Tbh Flat HP quints only worth something on junglers. In lane they r kinda useless after 4-5 levels. Casters are usually better off with flat AP, other champs can utilize dodge or ms quints better.

Temlam

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcleaver View Post
Tbh Flat HP quints only worth something on junglers. In lane they r kinda useless after 4-5 levels. Casters are usually better off with flat AP, other champs can utilize dodge or ms quints better.
...you play casters?
I mean it's kind of silly to think you play casters while being of the belief hp quints are less useful than others, starting with the general caster health of 4 bars of life and all.

dodge?
I didn't even know there was people who buy dodge quints O.O

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

12-10-2010

I've been here for half a year, unlocked half of champions, spent 60 Euros and.......ye, i'm thinking on going to HoN -> DoTA2, because after all this time they could've done observer/replays. All they do is just post excuses about - omg it's so technically hard. May be you should e-mail Blizzard and ask them for a hint on how they coded replays for StarCraft?

TamOcello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDamajer View Post
the prices are ridiculous, its impossible for all the newcomers to ever catch up with some1 who played in beta, just count how many games you have to play to unlock all the champions and how much you have to play to keep up with the new content, then there are also runes which are gamebreaking and the extra runepages which can give you enough advantages to kill the hope of the newcomers

and yeah the approaching champ is a gorgon with basicly the same ultimate like in dota
I've been playing since beta, and have put down money on four guys. Twitch (main since open beta), Ez, Kog'Maw, and Malz. Hey, he looked fun. The rest of my roster is IP based, and is around 13-15 characters total. You're telling me no one new can catch up with that? And I don't play very often. I have pages for Annie, Twitch, and Warwick, and just barely have enough to think about tossing in a fourth, for whatever reason. The IP costs are NOT that unrealistic.

sleepnaught

12-10-2010

Quote:
Armor pen reds
Mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints
and

Magic pen reds
mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints

Honestly speaking with those 2 sets (basically all the same except for penetration for the second page) I could play any single hero in the game. Are there nice runes for tanks? sure. Do I need them? no.
QFT. I have these 2 sets I use for most champs. My 3rd ruin page I use for a tank set with MR blue and reds and hp yellows.

The only other champ I can think that you might want a specific rune page might be Trynd with a full page of crit runes, but I don't think you need them.

PrincessLux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

Get better. It's no simpler than that.

Frostfire Memory

12-10-2010

What the hell is this? Are you just trying to troll? You choose to put money in. I've spend money on a couple skins, but I am doing fine with 2 full runepages and champs I've earned via IP. Stop being a baby, get MF the old fashion way. If you can't play her well enough with the runes you have, that's your problem.

Monkits

12-10-2010

So what you're saying is that LoL is a rip off?

I'd agree; in HoN and Dota I have everything, in LoL I've paid around 3 times as much and grinded 250+ games worth of IP but have still have a dozen champions and and a fourth rune set to unlock, not to mention a complete lack of access to any features. Even the basics like custom games, replays and VOIP and non-existent in this game.

Trueuniquename

12-10-2010

Quote:
Armor pen reds
Mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints
and

Magic pen reds
mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints

yes you could, you could also play without runes at all and do well now and then, but there are a lot of champions which are so much better with some specific runebuild and you need those to play competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamOcello View Post
I've been playing since beta, and have put down money on four guys. Twitch (main since open beta), Ez, Kog'Maw, and Malz. Hey, he looked fun. The rest of my roster is IP based, and is around 13-15 characters total. You're telling me no one new can catch up with that? And I don't play very often. I have pages for Annie, Twitch, and Warwick, and just barely have enough to think about tossing in a fourth, for whatever reason. The IP costs are NOT that unrealistic.
so you spent money on 4 6,3k chmaps which is 25200 IP. Lets divide it through 100(losses give 60-70 ip, victories a bit more+win of the day) which is around 250 games.
with 35 minutes per game it makes 8750 minutes which is 35 hours. if you have a real life you spend around 2 hours per day for Lol which would forced you to play 2-3 weeks to unlock this champs with IP
you would need at least 2 weeks to unlock 4 chmaps while there are over 60 atm and new one each 2 weeks.

Lol doesnt have any features(see OP) but you cant even play all heroes properly without money