So i wasted 30$

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trueuniquename

12-10-2010

Im playing Lol since free beta and enjoyed much to play it for change aside Hon. And since i preordered Hon i thought it would be fair also to support Riot since they are dojng nice job, i thought.
So i spent 30€ on riot points to buy some skins now and then, i bought a champion bundle cause i had no IP after i filled my Tier 3 runepage.
Now i have almost every caster of the game and around 10 other champions, 1 full tier 3 caster runepage and some other runes and 2k RP left.

After some time i realized that champions who looked new and unique to me(which was the reason for me to play Lol anyway, since the gameplay is...) in fact are mixed copies of Dota abilities or just slightly different old Lol ablilities. So Lol copies Dota just like Hon but in different way:
Hon - ported some Dota heroes completly with minor changes + new unique heroes
Lol - ninjacopied single Dota abilities and gave them to different heroes to make them look new and unique

anyway, i got a bit bored to play only casters now and want to try some tanks/dps. but to play them optimaly and right i need runes and...well the champions itself.

Both cost tons of IP, if i woud like to play MF with full runepage it would be over 20k IP which is A LOT of grinding.

So its actually not possible to enjoy all features(major part of champions with best runes) of the game without paying money since you have to spend it on champs and IP-boosts to get the right runes.
So you have to pay not only for cosmetic changes in Lol but also for indirect ingame advantages.

In Hon on the other hand i get all features and those are:
replays, spec mode, clans, leaver protection, voicechat, pause function, stable servers, small patches and no maitence times, different gamemoeds and maps, hunderds of mods etc etc. and
incoming patch brings also a map editor, casual mode(what about a promode in Lol?...) and coinshop which you can get with mony or earn with ingame achievemnts and buy everything you want without exceptions.

Lol is theoretically free but de facto they earned at least as much money as S2 so there are actually no excuses for all those missing features.
if this forum at least had a search function you could find threads where beople say how much did they actually spend on Lol, i was shocked since a lot of users already spent over 200-300$
so what is Riot doing with our money? How did Hon managed to have the most of this useful and competitive features already during the free beta?

Emperór

12-10-2010

aka

"hi, i dont want to pay any moar $. i dont want to play for IP. i want free runes. qq"

p.s. i bought 1 champ with RP. i have 3 rune pages with all the crucial runes just by playing to 30.

qq moar

Nave222

12-10-2010

if you rely on the runes to play certain champs, i believe you are doing something seriously wrong

kelidus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

They're using the money for new champions and more Teemo skins

(and yes I agree with you it is pretty ridiculous that they are so far behind)

DizzyJaiX

12-10-2010

if you don't want to grind stop complaining or spend more money.
simple fix

Trueuniquename

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperór View Post
aka

"hi, i dont want to pay any moar $. i dont want to play for IP. i want free runes. qq"

p.s. i bought 1 champ with RP. i have 3 rune pages with all the crucial runes just by playing to 30.

qq moar
i want to play at competitive level with all features for 30€ but without spending 6 hous each day to grind the stuff.

also read the second part of the post. Riot gets money but delviers zero features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave222 View Post
if you rely on the runes to play certain champs, i believe you are doing something seriously wrong
if you want to compete at high level you just need those minor improvements runes give you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyJaiX View Post
if you don't want to grind stop complaining or spend more money.
simple fix
spend money to get actually nothing? or smth i would already have in Hon, why? 30$ is ok for a game i think

Insane I

12-10-2010

If you dont like it here, nobody is asking for you to stay. why post drama about it if
NOBODY CARES
Nuff Said.

Temlam

12-10-2010

to play any hero in this game you realistically need 2 sets of runes.
Armor pen reds
Mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints
and

Magic pen reds
mana/5/lvl yellows
cooldown reduction blues
Flat HP quints

Honestly speaking with those 2 sets (basically all the same except for penetration for the second page) I could play any single hero in the game. Are there nice runes for tanks? sure. Do I need them? no.

Dreamcleaver

12-10-2010

Dunno, I guess he just wants a red response on wtf are Riot doing with the money. I mean it certainly isn't going into server stability, improving the netcode or new game features.

Gilthane

12-10-2010

You could not care all you want, doesnt change the fact of the post.

Not that I agree, just sayin.

PS: I kinda care cuz I'd like those features sometime within a reasonable future.