Learn to tank, you 1500 ELO scrubs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steve 1rwin

12-10-2010

Im sick of losing games because ******s seem to think its acceptable to have one rod of ages on singed 30 mins into the game and for blitz to build a phage + sheen, no boots when the team has no real tank and proceed to blame the rest of the team for losing when in reality its their ******ed fault for not knowing how to build

the most important role in the game is undoubtably tanks so sort your bloody act out and do something useful for the team or uninstall

Snazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

k

Avron

12-10-2010

But then you remembered that you can also tank.
0/10.

Skwid1g

12-10-2010

If blitz isn't building a triforce he's doing it wrong.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2010

1500 ELO is not bad. In fact, it's pretty good...

Dovaz

12-10-2010

I read your post... and the first thing I thought was, why don't you tank then?

lIlIlIlIlIlI

12-10-2010

Are you implying that singed should have two rod of ages at 30 minutes?

I get my first roa + boots at about 20, sometimes 23. And then I don't build a second one because I'm not a scrub.

does not compute

LysolCleaner

12-10-2010

yeah why didn't you tank??HMMMMM??? hate it when people auto lock in and go WE NEED TANKS..gentleman cho'gath retorts: up yours

Duck King

12-10-2010

Everyone is missing the real question here.

What the heck are you doing for them to be that gold starved?

I'm picturing you as a Sivir chasing your Blitz/Singed around the map and farming waves they ping, call out in chat or so much as look at, reducing their players' to weeping shades of their former selves as you belabour them after every team-fight for having a whopping one-two items and dying hard.

GrandImperator

12-10-2010

I actually support RoA on a Singed (even a maintank Singed).

What this does highlight is that Blitzcrank and Singed are often better as off-tanks, not main tanks. Blitz's hook is an amazing pull ability, and his silence and pop-up are also good. His W (especially without the slow now) is helpful for initiating. Still, Blitz doesn't have anything to truly force anyone to hit him. While he has skills that are oriented towards controlling the battlefield and enemy champs (which is what makes him tanky, as well as some of his stats and passive), he can't force people to hit him. Yes, I don't think Blitz should be stacking Infinity Edge's if he's the only 'tank' in the group, but Sheen has amazing synergy, and a Phage is not the worst option for a tank. Triforce is pretty strong on Blitz and still tanky. Then again, if he's the main tank, it might be a good idea for Blitz to stop at Sheen (Phage is probably not necessary and Zeal definitely isn't a good idea) and push hard for MR or Armor based on what he needs to absorb damage from. Once again though, Sheen and Phage aren't the worst on him as a main tank either.

Singed does have a similar problem to Blitz in that outside of charging in with his ult to flip someone (which does cause people to focus him), there isn't much forcing someone to hit Singed. In fact, the only thing that should cause a good team to hit Singed is if Singed overextends in his attempt at initiation, and even then the only good response is probably just to use non-ult CC to keep him from reaching anyone (Ashe Frost Arrow, Dark Binding, etc.).

RoA and Boots is good for Singed, even a maintank Singed. After these items though, is where a maintank Singed and a secondary Singed should probably deviate.

This is also why I enjoy playing Shen, as Shen's abilities only scale off of AP (not too well enough for AP to be useful) and HP (woo hoo passive). His passive procs more when he's hit, encouraging you to get hit (and to have more HP for more damage) while you have a taunt to force being hit and VB to heal you AND your teammates as well as Feint to absorb damage if needed (not that you can spam all of his abilities like this...). Anyhow, Shen and Rammus for instance are great tanks due to taunt being a regularly useful skill for them. Galio does have an ult taunt and fear of Amumu's ult work well for forcing people to hit him, too. Gragas and Malphite can manage a battlefield really well too (Gragas with E and R, Malphite with Q and R).