@Zileas Yup, another one. Nothing too bad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minrog

12-10-2010

That's not a real anti-pattern. Let me demonstrate a real anti-pattern that I witnessed, about as bad as it gets.

Animist: Hurf blurf, if I put a shroom farm on top of the inn, all my mushrooms will shoot at the guy the minute he respawns from dying. He'll never be able to escape and I can grief him out of the game forever.

Level 4 new player: Hey, where is all this damage coming from. I'm dead and I just logged in.

--- 50 seconds pass

Level 4 new player: I've respawned, hopefully that guy is gone. Oh, nope, I'm dead again.

--- 2 days pass

Level 4 new player: Well, it's been days, maybe I'll give Shrouded Isles another shot. Oh, ****, I'm dead again. I literally cannot move, Mythic is the biggest piece of **** game developer of all time. I guess I'll never play Warhammer.

Animist: I'm so skilled. This game is awesome.

Raja Naga

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcos View Post
@the bold one, please place your attention to my original post again, and understand what I am saying.
Simple enough!

Boldizar

12-10-2010

Quote:
If you did, honestly, get tired of repetition, then you should be agreeing with me. Simplicity goes hand in hand with repetition. If you add complexity, that reduces the chances of something reoccurring, which in turn creates diversity, challenge, and eventually more enthusiastic players. Slower process, greater results.
How about all those newbs still playing poker? Only 13 champions with clear balance issues, and All Random is the only mode! Chess is even worse. Only 6 champs, barely updated in the past 200 years, and we're still waiting on those Queen nerfs.

Kurami Kumori

12-10-2010

Poker is complex, just for your information. Again, I hate to admit that Elementz is right on the nose with the tier list, I hate tier lists, but he knows what he's talking about. =/ Currently this game is THAT easy to read. If you dislike that, then you should be agreeing with me. A game should not be based on who can play the easiest thing the best. -_-

EDIT: Ah just caught that, I see what you did there. Cute. I'm glad you can be humorous. It's fine. I'm not going to stop playing unless DoTA 2 offers better, which I hope it does. Problem is though, if it does, LoL WILL lose customers. Very fast, if DoTA is willing to add complexity, (which they already have), to their game.

Minrog

12-10-2010

Quote:
A game should not be based on who can play the easiest thing the best. -_-
You've asked a couple of times why I don't agree with you, so here it is.

Skill is not binary. You can be awesome at last hitting and pushing and be terrible at killing enemy players 1v1. Perhaps you are great at anticipating what characters will be picked/banned and coming up with counters. Maybe you're great at resource conservation or map control. There's even a bit of skill involved in not getting emotional or rattled when you are facing adversity. The best players in the game are not only good at using the skills their champion has, but good in most or all of these areas. This goes for any game, not just LoL.

We have a tendency to define the parameters of a game as positively as possible for ourselves. If I'm great at laning in LoL, it is very easy to look at people who are not and call them "bad". When they then are able to utilize their abilities better, or counter my late game strategies, I'm stilling looking backward to where I was more skilled instead of accepting their greater skill in another area and adapting to it.

Learning the abilities of a character, even such as Ashe, is such a minor part of the game. Becoming a savant with the tactics of one character is a boon, but the strategies of being a winning player take a lot more than just point and click. It's not too different from seeing a Running Back in the NFL make great plays and believing that his athleticism is what is winning for his team. It's only a small part.

I don't believe anyone here has completely mastered LoL. I'm not sure it can be done, actually.

EpicWheelBarrow

12-10-2010

Ahem, Troll.

If you are so very desperate for complexity, take Boldizar's information and put it to use. Go play chess. That's a much harder game to be good at. You can stop your complaints now. Problem's solved.